Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why would the average person need an assault weapon
Why would the average person need a dozen cars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,630 times
this natalie chick is getting destroyed right now

Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
this natalie chick is getting destroyed right now
Look..........I don't know Natalie-chick but I'm just getting tired of the games. Babies died in CT. My heart aches and my heart completely breaks for the loss of those little precious lives.

But I truly believe that adding more gun laws onto the books when we already have thousands of existing gun laws, will not stop it the next time this happens. I believe that making criminals out of millions of law abiding and honest people who own guns, will not make anyone safer. I am disgusted that Democrats are using the loss of these sweet babies (and the surviving parents) to push an agenda that has nothing to do with safety. I am disgusted that so many liberals (from the halls of political buildings to the forums on the internet) are trying so hard to make gun owners feel like criminals all so they can monopolize this tragedy to push their own agenda . We have done NOTHING wrong. I still work every day, pay my taxes on time, and am a law-abiding citizen. I was those things before this massacre happened and I continue to be those things now.

Pointing fingers, infringing on the rights of honest people, rushing to judgement, and then rushing to impose yet more laws is a fools' game. Without all of us (as a nation of people) taking the time to grieve, and then looking at what we can honestly and openly do to protect the most vulnerable and treasured people in our lives, we are just spinning our wheels. We should be doing those things, but we don't have the will to stop, feel, introspectively think, evaluate, plan. We just.........jump fast. Do anything. Something. Anything.

At the end of the day what we are doing is playing into the hands of opportunists - politicians, gun grabbers, those who believe that our government could never and would never take advantage of their own citizens, those who live in the Utopian belief that if we take guns away our children will be safe. Never let a good crisis go to waste.......as they say.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
"Why would the average person need an assault weapon?"

That is one of the main points. The guns that they want banned are NOT assault weapons.

They use the term just for it's emotional effect on voters.

2 rifles made by the same manufacture, firing the same bullet, one is banned the other is not. Why?

Because the one they want banned "looks" like a military type weapon, therefor, "evil", and it is NEITHER.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:

HUM, probably to kill the various violent scum we have in this once fine country. You know, when 3 or 4 of these scumbags break into your home with the intent to torture, mutilate and them kill you...........and YES, it does happen.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Actually this might ultimately be a good thing, once it passes.

All the paranoid gun-haters will move to Missouri where they think they will be safe, and leave the rest of us alone.

At the same time, all the muggers, rapists, murderers, home invaders, and gangbangers will also move there, where the pickings will be a lot easier, and leave the rest of us alone. You didn't think they would worry about breaking one more law, did you?

A win-win situation.

For everybody except Missouri residents.

And they voted for it.

Sorry, the highlighted above is wrong-O.......the Libs want to move into Red areas and infect these areas with their poison. Colorado is a perfect example!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies