Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:19 PM

26,277 posts, read 14,872,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your man accused almost half the American voters of being "takers". He is the one who was running for POTUS, not Clinton.
Yes and a person (Romney) trying to get votes shouldn't have said that in private or public for that matter. Just like Obama said a boneheaded thing in private in San Francisco 2008.

Obama, who stands for women's rights, says 'rape is rape', and scores political points against a couple idiot republicans -- then invites a man to be his convention's keynote speaker...oh by the way, that man has been accused by multiple women of rape and/or sexual assault.

Is there not a shallowness in this thread? You seemed to dodge this... Is it not partisan shallowness when people who basically say:

'I cheer on a man who very well may be a serial rapist with over a dozen accusers while I claim to stand for women's rights...and I am so insulted that another man bluntly doesn't like neon glitter cookies!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 PM

8,855 posts, read 5,330,533 times
The nation is stronger now that we know that Mitt Romney doesn't like glittery cookies. I'm surprised John Kerry's reputation for being a lousy tipper wasn't brought up during his confirmation hearings.

Rejoice that he of the 47% wasn't elected. Enjoy Obamacare!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,334,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes and a person (Romney) trying to get votes shouldn't have said that in private or public for that matter. Just like Obama said a boneheaded thing in private in San Francisco 2008.

Obama, who stands for women's rights, says 'rape is rape', and scores political points against a couple idiot republicans -- then invites a man to be his convention's keynote speaker...oh by the way, that man has been accused by multiple women of rape and/or sexual assault.

Is there not a shallowness in this thread? You seemed to dodge this... Is it not partisan shallowness when people who basically say:

'I cheer on a man who very well may be a serial rapist with over a dozen accusers while I claim to stand for women's rights...and I am so insulted that another man bluntly doesn't like neon glitter cookies!'
Your guy did it too-oo! Nanny, nanny, boo, boo! Also, guilt by association!

GOOD GRIEF! It's not the cookies; I'm not even that concerned that someone thinks he was "rude". It's that he called half the American public "takers". Doesn't matter what Clinton or Obama did. What matters is what Romney did. Everyone should be judged by what THEY do, not what their opponent did that you think is just as bad.

That's your b*tch, that Clinton was Obama's keynote speaker? I would remind you, as well, that people are innocent until proven guilty.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,830,906 times
Romney has two attributes that, when combined, create the kiss of death for a man trying to get elected to public office--he carries himself with a sense of entitlement, and he is extremely socially awkward. You can see it in that video with the cookies--he has a difficult time relating to average people, and I think that's directly linked to that sense that he is better than the common rabble. Whenever I watched him on the campaign trail I got the sense that he absolutely hated having to rub elbows with ordinary Americans; that he couldn't wait to finish and get the hell out of there; that he didn't actaully LIKE the people he was forced to associate with in order to get thier votes.

And that's exactly how he came off. It looked like nothing but pandering for votes. Of course, every politician does this, but most are better at it than Mitt. There was nothing genuine about him, and it showed.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM

14,339 posts, read 14,151,625 times
Defeating the $250 million man was one of the smartest things the American people have done in a long time. People, this man meant no good for middle class. During his tenure at Bain Capital, he presided over the dismantling of dozens of corporations and the outsourcing of thousands of jobs to foreign countries.

Unless your wealthy you have nothing in common with this man. Nor, does he care about you.

Both he and his wife Ann repeatedly showed their haughtiness, their disrespect, and lack of empathy for those less fortunate. All this clown could ever talk about were tax cuts in a country where the wealthy are already getting a "swinging deal" on their taxes.

The 47% remark showed the true depth (or shallowness) of Romney's character. Of course, he felt he had to make this remark in secret. He knew it was nothing to say in public. Its not the remark that he regretted, it was getting caught outside his intimate circle of donors.

If this man had been elected President, it would have been the very last straw in turning this whole country over to wealthy and to corporations. I thank the Lord every day that this unscrupulous plutocrat did not become our President and install his wealthy friends in other positions of power. And, thank heavens, his defeat finally shut Don Trump and those nutcase "birthers" up.

For all those who don't like Obama, just remember he'll only be in office another 3 years, nine months, and 3 days

Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 AM

26,277 posts, read 14,872,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your guy did it too-oo! Nanny, nanny, boo, boo! Also, guilt by association!

GOOD GRIEF! It's not the cookies; I'm not even that concerned that someone thinks he was "rude". It's that he called half the American public "takers". Doesn't matter what Clinton or Obama did. What matters is what Romney did. Everyone should be judged by what THEY do, not what their opponent did that you think is just as bad.

That's your b*tch, that Clinton was Obama's keynote speaker? I would remind you, as well, that people are innocent until proven guilty.
Katiana....you keep dodging because you know I am right.

This thread is completely shallow and full of mindless partisan rhetoric... They only care because he has an R next to his name. They overlook and justify the same or even worse things if they have a D next to their name.

Obama referred to half of his party - those voting for Hillary - as having an antipathy towards people that don't look like them (racists). How is that acceptable?

How is it logically rational for someone to cheer on a possible serial rapist, someone that has been accused by over a dozen women since 1969 for sexual assault, rape, harassment... While waving the flag of women's rights -- attacking the female accusers (so typical to blame the women lately if you watch the news) -- and being outraged by a guy being blunt about not liking neon glitter cookies.

Hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies