Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The founding fathers would be horrified to hear the government is prohibiting religious displays on public grounds.
Based on what facts?

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion. "

- Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11. Written during the George Washington administration and signed into law by John Adams.

" It is the fable of Jesus Christ, as told in the New Testament, and the wild and visionary doctrine raised thereon, against which I contend. The story as it is told is blashpemously obscene. "

- Thomas Jefferson

" Lighthouses are more important than churches. "

- Benjamin Franklin

" I disbelieve all holy men and all holy books. "

- Thomas Paine

Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
College campuses have students who are of adult age. If a religious zealot wants to indoctrinate a child, they should get permission from the parents first, don't you agree?
We're going to be distributing the morning after pill to children under 17 in school without parent permission or notification.

If schools can do that then they can certainly allow someone to offer them a book that they can refuse without parent permission.

Don't you agree ?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think you need to read the First Amendment. I think you neither know what it says, nor what it means. Tsk, tsk.

Basically, your a hack.

I know that, as a parent, I can expect that my tax dollars will not support biblical indoctrination, by religious extremists, of my young children while they are a captive audience at school!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We're going to be distributing the morning after pill to children under 17 in school without parent permission or notification.

If schools can do that then they can certainly allow someone to offer them a book that they can refuse without parent permission.

Don't you agree ?

There is a lot of fornication and sexual ideas in the bible.

Sex in the bible

Perhaps if we don't give our young children this x-rated reading material, the children will not get sexual ideas.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I know that, as a parent, I can expect that my tax dollars will not support biblical indoctrination, by religious extremists, of my young children while they are a captive audience at school!
Haven't you taught them that religious books are evil and they should never touch them ?
Indoctrination doesn't emanate from a book.

What are you so fearful of that the mention of a Bible gets you so upset ?

The Gideon group is hardly extremist.
They've been giving out free Bibles since 1908 and the world hasn't fallen apart.

What about that child that sits next to yours in class that would like their very own copy of a Bible to bring home ?
Where's your tolerance ?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:18 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
Quote:

Don't you agree ?
What does the morning after pill have to do with religion?

Using something you don't like as an analogy for religion, which others don't like, doesn't make it a logical argument, let alone set some vague legal precedent.

Educate yourself (but not too much or you might start believing in evolution instead of talking snakes).

Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
When with the God-hating ACLU learn that the US is a Christian nation and stop attacking our founding principles?

ACLU Seeks to Ban Bible Distribution in Kentucky Schools

"The American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky sent a letter Thursday to 174 public school superintendents citing the possibility of a lawsuit in the 2013-2014 academic school year if they continue to allow The Gideons International to distribute Bibles, the New Testament and religious literature to students on public school campuses."

The ACLU claims that "this practice violates both federal and state constitutional guarantees barring governmental endorsement of religion, and it also impermissibly encroaches upon parents' prerogative to direct the religious upbringing of their children. By allowing an outside group to distribute sectarian materials directly to public elementary school students during school hours, school officials create the impression that the school endorses those religious views which subjects the students to 'subtle coercive pressure' to accept the proffered religious materials.'"
Libertard Is an old fashioned style Religion of its own now, thieving freedom with its rules and doctrines and precepts, commandments ...thou shall not have what I say...even decent reading material. The Libertard Culture dictates from its twisted pulpit, measure in decency and progress to be forbidden and a cardinal sin.

A devolving of the species backwards to immediacy and the final glorious instinctive rule for all. Reflective thought is outlawed and would be the Libertard Mother Virtue in this new demented Faith saturated in nothingness...Be warned, and do not sacrifice your individualism to this new boorish brain dead cult of darkness and dumbness.

Last edited by stargazzer; 04-14-2013 at 06:36 PM..

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Seems to me if the Kentucy school districts wanted to teach or endorse the bible, then why not do so..above board and with the same zeal that they would in their own church?

Why the slight of hand? Why the... "We are not promoting the bible, the Gideons are" crap. If these are the convictions of the Christians in the school district, why the luke warm way of promoting the Bible?

To leave the Bibles in a box in the corner of the office shows what reverence these people have for that book...

Quote:
Haven't you taught them that religious books are evil and they should never touch them ?
Indoctrination doesn't emanate from a book.

What are you so fearful of that the mention of a Bible gets you so upset ?

The Gideon group is hardly extremist.
They've been giving out free Bibles since 1908 and the world hasn't fallen apart.
Because your bible is full of violence, hatred, sexual lewdness, bigotry, sexism, prejudice, and total nonsensical stories.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
There is a lot of fornication and sexual ideas in the bible.

Sex in the bible

Perhaps if we don't give our young children this x-rated reading material, the children will not get sexual ideas.
So you won't answer the question.
When posed like that it seems pretty silly doesn't it ?
No permission for an "abortion pill" but permission to hold a Bible.
See how silly that sounds ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies