Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
You are whining about a flag that is just as old as the amurican flag if not older and was used by the marine corp and navy in the 18th century. Matter of fact I have one hanging on my bedroom wall.
And a hammer and sickle flag hanging on the garage wall too?
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/0/3/1/...le.svg.med.png

Veterans of Foreign Wars - New Rochelle Post 439 - About Us

I believe you're too outnumbered, there are too many REAL AMERICANS using this forum than little singular you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 02:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar
Would you feel the same way if a government owned facility let a LGBT group fly a rainbow flag?
Quote:
Yes.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Perhaps he has one of those on his bedroom wall as well.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdropinn View Post
perhaps he has one of those on his bedroom wall as well.
lol

Old 04-14-2013, 03:03 PM

288 posts, read 230,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
And a hammer and sickle flag hanging on the garage wall too?
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/0/3/1/...le.svg.med.png

Veterans of Foreign Wars - New Rochelle Post 439 - About Us

I believe you're too outnumbered, there are too many REAL AMERICANS using this forum than little singular you.
LOL I have yet to see one. Banning a group from flying a flag is real American like I tell ya.NY can enjoy losing another battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
lol
If you read my posts dealing with gay marriage you would see I have no problem with it.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:27 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
LOL I have yet to see one. Banning a group from flying a flag is real American like I tell ya.NY can enjoy losing another battle.

If you read my posts dealing with gay marriage you would see I have no problem with it.
What you fail to understand is that the American flag and a state flag and a city/county flag can be, and are flown in the same area at the same time. Some flags may be flown on the same pole as the American flag, but the American flag will be flown above all others.

Banning flying a flag of a political party, another country, or by any certain group of people in a public or government, city, state, federal is improper.

Buy your mom and dad's house from them, erect your own flagpole, and fly whatever flag you wish.

American Flag: How to Fly the Flag Correctly

Since you obviously have disrespect for America and OUR American flag, you should familiarize yourself with the United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag.

Flag Code

And again, if you dislike American custom so much, please move to a country which suits your needs.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
What possible legal grounds does this group have?

If I go down to my local public pool and ask to fly my underwear on the flag pole (or otherwise it) and they say no, if I sue in court to overturn their ban on flying my underwear on the flag pole, do I have an equally as valid case?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM

288 posts, read 230,708 times
Read the link the law group the group has gotten to fight this tells you.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:27 PM

57,210 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Why is a veterans group flying a political flag, don't they have more important things they can get involved in, seems like a misguided radical faction has taken over and put politics before veterans issues.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
It seems like a lot of you need to do some reading on the Gadsdan Flag, where it came from and what it actually represents. Some members of the Tea Party may use it as a symbol but it's certainly not a "political flag". Many Americans fly this flag because of the meaning behind it, it doesn't belong to any political group in this country other than Americans as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies