Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I didn't say I didn't pay for my state, & county coffers(all the things you mentioned). They are not based on income.
Was responding to Book Lover.

Just making the point that taxes are necessary. They just shouldn't hinder the well-being of the individual being taxed.

The wealthy are NOT being taxed at high rates. In fact, many want higher taxes for themselves.

Most Millionaires Want Higher Taxes For Millionaires: Survey

Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes - Nov. 16, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and meanwhile those making 60k pay less than 10%

those making 30k pay less than 7%

you want to tax the rich.....then dont tax income....tax spending instead
Um, no. A tax on assets is the way to go.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I didn't say I didn't pay for my state, & county coffers(all the things you mentioned). They are not based on income.

Now lets not get off topic about property taxing. Which means you don't own it, like the Constitution says you do.
So you don't enjoy having interstates and a military designed to defend and protect the country?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Was responding to Book Lover.

Just making the point that taxes are necessary. They just shouldn't hinder the well-being of the individual being taxed.

The wealthy are NOT being taxed at high rates. In fact, many want higher taxes for themselves.

Most Millionaires Want Higher Taxes For Millionaires: Survey

Millionaires ask Congress to raise their taxes - Nov. 16, 2011
And these millionaires can't bring it to send all that extra money burning a hole in their pockets to the US Treasury without a "tax bill" to justify it ?

Anyone can send money to the USTreasury to "reduce the debt".
No one is stopping them from contributing "their fair share" if they feel they are so under-taxed.

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service
Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.
Gifts to the United States

U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM

288 posts, read 230,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Rob you?

Do you drive on a road to work? Did you create your own business? If Korea attacks are you gonna defend your business?

Do you get fire service if there's a fire? Water? Gas?

You need government in our current society.
No I don't.
Who Will Build Roads ?
Anarcho-capitalist FAQ

Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
Ok.

Go find you some land and see how long you last.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
Hey, you wanna give me a hand repaving the road I take to work this weekend? I don't think I can do it all by myself.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And these millionaires can't bring it to send all that extra money burning a hole in their pockets to the US Treasury without a "tax bill" to justify it ?

Anyone can send money to the USTreasury to "reduce the debt".
No one is stopping them from contributing "their fair share" if they feel they are so under-taxed.

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service
Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.
Gifts to the United States

U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Your missing the point.

What they effectively are saying is that their tax burden is not too high.

Why increase taxes on the middle and lower class when even greater revenues could be obtained elsewhere? The Middle and Lower classes are pivotal in feuling the economy because of their sheer numbers.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:46 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
How The Super Rich Avoid Paying Taxes

...but yeah, go ahead and keep whining about how the successful are getting punished.
At least you can sleep well knowing that most of the people you're whining about paid more money in taxes this year that you'll ever earn in your entire life.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Hey, you wanna give me a hand repaving the road I take to work this weekend? I don't think I can do it all by myself.
And just how much of your "Federal Income Tax" goes to roads ?
Are you forgetting about the gas tax ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies