Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
I don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks of me. Now that we have that settled care to answer the question at hand?
Arrogant too, nice touch. So you're looking for a state that will pay for your glasses. Is that all, or would you like to fill out a long form so we can make sure to meet all of your daily needs.

High speed internet
cable
phones
glasses
anything else on the list?

It's far easier to shop around for a freebie state that way. Better be careful though, evel super lib states are having to cut back, probably because people like you live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
High speed internet
cable
phones
glasses
anything else on the list?
Ammo, presumably.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
BS. I posted a link to a PRIVATE charity that offers free eyeglasses. The difference is, this is a charity. The money is given voluntarily, not confiscated from taxpayers who have no choice.

And that difference makes ALL the difference to us right-wingers.
So you're not really looking for a state that "gives a crap about their low income citizens". You're looking for a charity that will give you free eyeglasses. Because as a "right-winger" I know you wouldn't dream of asking for assistance. That would go against your principles, right? Talk about poetic. You guys never cease to amuse.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Lol...only way ANYONE is getting any of my guns is lead first.
So you're armed but can't see very well? Brilliant.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Illinois loves those on welfare. However in Illinois only those with out of wedlock children or illegals get the free goodies. The rest they couldn't care less about. So a welfare mom with 6 kids by 5 baby daddies hits the jackpot and so does someone who can't speak English (public aid now hires translators).

Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Uproarious. The Rebel Yell-ing about all the pot he smokes on the "cake" thread wants free eyeglasses.

Simple solution: stop buying pot and use that money for eyeglasses. Time to pull up the big-boy pants and realize there are priorities in life. If pot is your priority don't expect society to buy the essentials for you.
He does have a rather Oddball88 POV on the way things should work, doesn't he?

Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
What states help their low income citizens the most? Ga wasn't bad but I have heard they stopped letting medicaid pay for glasses,I just found out NC has as well. I guess its OK for kids to be able to see at school but not for adults to make sure they don't run over people on the road...ya know because EVERYONE can afford 150$ for a pair of glasses...Anyways...what states actually help their citizens? Guess I need to find this out before I move to a different state...hating my current state more and more every day.

You could go to Detroit, 50 years of democratic mayors.

Lookie, see the second floor, you even get your very own laundry room.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times
Go to Oregon. They have no sales tax and a bottle deposit law.

That means there's only 3000 cans and bottles between you and a $150 dollar pair of glasses. Happy hunting!

Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You have a problem with charity?
Charity is voluntary.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
My state is one of the better states for welfare programs. We are one the more generous states in the whole country when it comes to that. At the same time, we have nowhere near the illegal immigrant problem that less generous states do, very interesting. Especially since, as we all know, the illegals are ONLY here for our welfare
Perhaps that is because ofr the loss of inducti rial jobs and wh0 voters put in office. Greece was like that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies