U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Status: "It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Bel Air, California
19,930 posts, read 19,570,246 times
Reputation: 30617

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
...Nobody's claimed the older sons body yet, either.
maybe some traveling circus will claim it and exhibit it at county fairs this summer, next to monkey boy and the bearded lady.

 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 AM
 
Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
21,610 posts, read 20,639,825 times
Reputation: 14530
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I was not aware the Boston Bombers had killed another. Actually, you can credit a young kids fragile self esteem and sense of identity in another country when he is called out as a possible "terrorist" by reckless speculation on the internet. Sad.

Body Of Missing Brown Student Found In Providence River | The Lewisboro Daily Voice
Since you seem to feel that way about this poor little misunderstood boy maybe you can become his pen pal or start his fan club? I'm sure Charlie (Manson) or Ted Kaczynski won't mind sharing.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 AM
 
22,387 posts, read 15,354,985 times
Reputation: 7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think I got that impression when you wrote this:
You're correct and maybe direct the rage at someone that actually is responsible for initiating those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (names of which I'll leave up to the reader's discretion),.
Now one may I guess take this as sarcasm if one really stretched the meaning of the word, to me it reads like a conclusion that it's Bush's fault (as usual) couched behind insinuation.
But hey, I guess I could be wrong. Certainly wouldn't be the first nor last time when reading instead of talking.
The reason that I constructed the post that way was to avoid going off topic. And yes, Iraq is another notch in the belt representing countires that we should not have invaded/occupied. And yes, the former administration is totally responsible for that occupation/invasion, but I was not blaming them for what these brothers did, because their is no excuse for what these brothers did. There are thousands of threads on CD which discuss and debate a particular horrible 8 years in our history, that we would have been better off without, but this thread is not one of them.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
83,414 posts, read 96,365,643 times
Reputation: 30098
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I was not aware the Boston Bombers had killed another. Actually, you can credit a young kids fragile self esteem and sense of identity in another country when he is called out as a possible "terrorist" by reckless speculation on the internet. Sad.

Body Of Missing Brown Student Found In Providence River | The Lewisboro Daily Voice
odanny, I usually agree with you, but this student had been missing since March 16. I agree it was horrible to his family to associate him with the bombings, but I think he was long gone when the bombings happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The reason that I constructed the post that way was to avoid going off topic. And yes, Iraq is another notch in the belt representing countires that we should not have invaded/occupied. And yes, the former administration is totally responsible for that occupation/invasion, but I was not blaming them for what these brothers did, because their is no excuse for what these brothers did. There are thousands of threads on CD which discuss and debate a particular horrible 8 years in our history, that we would have been better off without, but this thread is not one of them.
Agreed, there is no excuse. If these bros are trying to use that excuse, I don't think they'll get too far with it. Well, Dzohkhar anyway, Tamerlan is beyond excuses. We're out of Iraq, and hopefully getting out of Afghanistan, where there's plenty of blame to go around for the past 33 years.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 AM
 
22,387 posts, read 15,354,985 times
Reputation: 7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Since you seem to feel that way about this poor little misunderstood boy maybe you can become his pen pal or start his fan club? I'm sure Charlie (Manson) or Ted Kaczynski won't mind sharing.
I think the poster meant the kid they found dead in the river.
 
Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
 
3,847 posts, read 1,785,677 times
Reputation: 390
Default Small World

Boston bombers’ uncle married daughter of top CIA official | MadCow Morning News
 
Old 04-28-2013, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
5,147 posts, read 5,975,784 times
Reputation: 1555
The Onion publishers are kicking themselves for not running this story first!!!
 
Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
5,147 posts, read 5,975,784 times
Reputation: 1555
One question I'm sure has been asked before, but I didn't see the answer. What kind of guy was this Tamerlan that his WIFE earned the income they lived on (barely). Was that so he could sit home and pout about his inability to win the Golden Gloves? I hope the mom is super proud of her son with his "manly values". It always disgusts me to read about some guy who married a woman to get the pittance she is able to earn. It shows an utter lack of shame. "I give you baby, you give me paycheck."
 
Old 04-28-2013, 06:20 PM
 
1,065 posts, read 910,612 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
One question I'm sure has been asked before, but I didn't see the answer. What kind of guy was this Tamerlan that his WIFE earned the income they lived on (barely). Was that so he could sit home and pout about his inability to win the Golden Gloves? I hope the mom is super proud of her son with his "manly values". It always disgusts me to read about some guy who married a woman to get the pittance she is able to earn. It shows an utter lack of shame. "I give you baby, you give me paycheck."

You got a keen insight. I'm curious on your take on Dzohkhar, the younger brother. . Or, are there enough facts to summarize a theory, yet?
 
Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Minnesota
5,147 posts, read 5,975,784 times
Reputation: 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
You got a keen insight. I'm curious on your take on Dzohkhar, the younger brother. . Or, are there enough facts to summarize a theory, yet?
Too old to just tag along and do whatever big brother says is cool. He had the apparent maturity of a 12 year old. But law doesn't work that way. We set arbitrary thresholds where we expect people to take responsibility for their actions. The very best he deserves is looking at the world through bars. Fluffy hair and a moron's expression shouldn't be exculpating. Wasn't he taking college courses? Frankly, the whole thing could be an act. Guys do that to get the weak minded to fawn on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top