Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Keep digging.
Keep trying to deflect. (no need to roll eyes)

Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
why do something like this and not claim it? does not make any sense.
Such groups usually acknowledge their attacks. I am betting on crazy white dudes.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and maybe they have changed their positions/mo on this...because of our presence over there?
Just guessing? You, may be right?
We've been "over there" for decades now and will probably be for decades more.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
You have to follow the script.

A guy yells Alu Akbar and shoots up a military base? "We can't make any assumptions, we must wait for the investigation."

A terrorist attack happens and we have absolutely no idea who did it? "Must be the Tea party, Ring Wing Terrorists Group who hate the country, Racist, Palin, Bigots, etc. etc."

And even if they turn out to be wrong, it doesn't stop the nonsense. Almost a year after the Gabby Giffords shooting, Mark Kelly and Piers Morgan did an interview where they were talking about how bad it was that Sarah Palin never contacted Giffords after the shooting. Kelly said he wanted a chance to tell her how irresponsible she was. I'm no Palin fan, but the insanity of the left continually trying to blame her for the attack long after the facts were known is crazy.

It's the non stop drum beat from the left.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
So supporting Obama makes one a leftist??

I guess that means most of the country is leftist, including Wall Street.
No, calling for gun control due to an event unrelated to firearms makes him a leftist.

Supporting Obama just makes him an idiot.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You have to follow the script.

A guy yells Alu Akbar and shoots up a military base? "We can't make any assumptions, we must wait for the investigation."

A terrorist attack happens and we have absolutely no idea who did it? "Must be the Tea party, Ring Wing Terrorists Group who hate the country, Racist, Palin, Bigots, etc. etc."

And even if they turn out to be wrong, it doesn't stop the nonsense. Almost a year after the Gabby Giffords shooting, Mark Kelly and Piers Morgan did an interview where they were talking about how bad it was that Sarah Palin never contacted Giffords after the shooting. Kelly said he wanted a chance to tell her how irresponsible she was. I'm no Palin fan, but the insanity of the left continually trying to blame her for the attack long after the facts were known is crazy.

It's the non stop drum beat from the left.
What you wrote has no relation to the article.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
[quote=HappyTexan;29162257]

Quote:
You keep your DL in the glove compartment ?
yes, always have, just b/c you don't doesn't mean I'm wrong and your right? It's how I was raised.

Quote:
Have you ever been stopped by the police for a traffic issue ?
yes, they were searching cars...? Why I do not know, I was much younger then

Quote:
Have you ever been stopped by the police because they think you're a suspect in some crime ?
I don't know if they suspected me, but they did stop me...and searched my car....trunk and all and yes, it was frightening then, b/c I was just a kid....

Quote:
Let me tell you that they are two completely different scenarios.
I believe you, I even said that...and that I'm not trying to make your situation light, however, I explained to you why, no need to get all upset and take it personal....

Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,077 times
Why are whites allowed to hide behind "insanity" but others are not afforded the same opportunity?

Major Hassan may have been a mad man - no?

White folk are too judgemental.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I guess I'm more in tune to it, b/c my son is a cop?
I have friends who are cops. However, I can see how HappyTexan was shaken up by that incident.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-17-2013 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We've been "over there" for decades now and will probably be for decades more.
I'm just saying, geeze Louise, no need to get so defensive/argumentative, this is a discussion right? just thinking out loud, even said, you could be right?

My gosh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies