Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well it certainly doesn't make him a Republican, Conservative or Libertarian now does it ?
or a philanthropist

Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Maybe he will, maybe he won't. What I do know is I really don't want to give him an excuse. No one should. We already have drones in the air which a good portion of the American public is a-okay with because they might protect us.

I for one don't want to see the lengths the government will go to, and the public will accept, if this turns out to be a foreign act.
And in that sense, the Salon article was right, whether you guys want to admit it or not--if this turns out to be foreign terrorists, all h*ll is going to break loose again in this country, and I don't want to see what lengths we'll go to either.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you have any examples of your opinion here?
Just read the posts around here. Or the clowns like Erik Rush. People seek collective punishment if a brown dude acts up, but not if a white dude does.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Why are whites allowed to hide behind "insanity" but others are not afforded the same opportunity?

Major Hassan may have been a mad man - no?

White folk are too judgemental.
that's just crazy talk

Old 04-17-2013, 09:07 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have friends are cops. However, I can see how HappyTexan was shaken up by that incident.
Exactly. My husband is a former prosecutor. If the police think you might be a criminal, they don't go out of their way to be "nice." Their job is to intimidate you so you aren't a threat, and to investigate. That poor Saudi student was probably scared witless, and I'm glad his name has been kept out of the media for the most part.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Why are whites allowed to hide behind "insanity" but others are not afforded the same opportunity?

Major Hassan may have been a mad man - no?

White folk are too judgemental.
If Hassan were a white man, and screamed out some racist slogan from a white supremacist group that specializes in killing blacks in acts of terror, before shooting and killing a room full of black people, I think we'd be calling him a white supremacist terrorist. Sorry if you view that as being judgmental.

Anyone who kills people is insane, end of line...

Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Just read the posts around here. Or the clowns like Erik Rush. People seek collective punishment if a brown dude acts up, but not if a white dude does.
Oh it's a lot more than just those people.

Read Pamela Gellar or Robert Spencer and follow their links and get into a whole world of hate towards Muslims.

Well known conservative Michelle Malkin wrote a book that Defended the interment of the Japanese and was specifically saying the same should be done to Muslims. It was right there in her title. Many, many, many conservatives agreed with her.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But I can guarantee he's never voted Republican.
What else does your crystal ball tell you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Many leftists oppose gun control, I've read some anti-gun control posts on here by leftists.

Does that mean they are not leftist??
Dont' bother. You'll only make their itty-bitty brains hurt.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I keep mine in my glove compartment....and before I reached for it, I would tell them, my information is in my glove compartment/purse....before I reached for it....
it is a whole different world today, and you have no idea what the cops are forced to deal with....
women are as bad as men now a days, and they pack guns as well...
it is and must be, in this day and age, a precaution for they're very own safety....
I don't believe most people understand, what a cop has to put up with today, honestly, we have no idea how many crazies are out there....and now a days, people are angry....and have no respect for police officers...in my book, they surely are not compensated near enough for the jobs they do.
Why you do assume I have no idea what cops are forced to deal with? I know some cops personally, and some are related to me. It's not a job I would want, that's for sure.

Anyway, yes, YOU might think to tell them what you are reaching for before you reached for it, but seriously, do you think that would cross the mind of the average law-abiding citizen who finds himself/herself pulled over by the cops for no apparent reason they can think of? He or she is asked to produce documents--goes to comply--and suddenly get barked at by people with weapons to put his or her hands in the air. The cops could take it upon themselves to manage that a little better. How about ASKING where the documents are before demanding them and then making threats? I realize there's a fine line between assuming someone is not a criminal and assuming that they are, but they do have to monitor themselves against getting into power madness, too.

By the way, why would you keep your driver license/insurance/registration in the glove compartment? You don't want to leave that stuff in there when you're not in the car.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
I do read posts here which mean nothing and as I note, McVeigh was quickly executed. You have no basis for your position.

If (when) James Holmes is found guilty and gets the death penalty the only complaints will be from the few like myself against the death penalty. There will be no one arguing that he shouldn't spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies