Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM

14,461 posts, read 11,212,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
None of those countries are in the business of invading and destroying other countries. They don't impose on a country what they think is good for a country, such as democracy. Those countries are not killing people in other countries. None of those countries don't get involved in the politics/government of other countries. None of these countries are interested in stealing the resources of other countries. What ever problems they may have with neighboring countries they take care of themself. None of those countries go around poking the beehive.

All those countries believe - live and let live.
I seem to remember a Madrid...something or another...oh yes, subway bombing.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM

164 posts, read 196,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
I watched PMSNBC go on tie raids about how some in the press were rushing to judgment and it was horrible. LMAO Well they are now known to be Muslim extremist. This I hope sets back gun control and immigration for 20 years. We need hard laws to stop all immigration and deport all illegals. Lets stop the liberal nuts who are destroying this country.

Yep, I called the profile on the terrorist at first reaction to the events details.

Meanwhile, 10 people I talked to said they thought it was a "white radical extremist"

Statistics > media (especially when its serious issue)

Being right is sometimes a tough job.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,457,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Something that I've wanted to say since the first pictures and video of where published. While I'm no BSU profiler like Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (for you fellow Criminal Minds fans) I was struck by the body language of the two now identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar Tsasnaev.

Tamerlan on the walked to the targeted area with seem firm determination while his younger brother lagged behind, standing next to each other the older brother looks far more confident and self assured and his younger brother with that sort of what am I doing here and just plain goofy expression and hat turned backwards. So I won't be surprised that it was the older brother by seven years who talked his younger sibling into this or who was the one who tried to stand his ground with the Boston PD. One adult loser (as described by his uncle, and too admiring younger brother). Frankly at the end of the day, I suspect that damaged personalities had more to do with this than their religion (of course that could be argued about almost anyone who perpetrates such acts of violence).

Time for a commercial break.
I was thinking the same thing. The younger one seemed to have friends and no one has said any thing bad about him.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,576,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. The younger one seemed to have friends and no one has said any thing bad about him.
I am hearing the same.... makes ya wonder.

112 posts, read 206,681 times
Muslim extremists, hard right conservatives are pretty much the same thing.

13,887 posts, read 13,613,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I have Muslim friends, most of them made after 911, because the churches partnered with the local Mosque to go shopping with perfectly lovely Muslim families because evil, nasty people were screaming at them at Walmart and the grocery store. I know Muslim families by their words and actions too, and I'm proud to call them my friends.
I don't believe you. I live in the Christian, RED, heartland and I've never seen anything even remotely like anyone whatsoever screaming at Muslims at Wal-Mart, the grocery store, or anywhere.

10,092 posts, read 8,173,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The whole thing is tragic. From the poor victims attending the marathon to the young men that allegedly committed the act. Why these things happen I just don't know- But I do know one thing- A parents duty is to watch over their children until that parent leaves this world. Supervision of children and adult children is very important- it does not stop when the kid is 18. I know from experience whether my adult kids like it or not....I am watching over them. It seems that these two young men did not have an over seer .

Modern Americans have this notion that kids are supposed to be independent and tossed from the nest for their own good- Yes they should be independent BUT - it is the duty of the wise older adult managed them to a degree. Young men in their twenties especially need some distant supervision...they are full of vigor and prone to mischief and worse. Like I said - and I am not coming across as some warm and fuzzy bleeding heart liberal- but I feel sorry for everyone involved. This should not have happened.
You're right. I have 5 boys, and the truth is that kids need your guidance and involvement as a parent just as much or more when they're teens than they did when they were small. The focus just changes--at that age you have to give them plenty of room to grow and move, but step in to make corrections and provide guidance when they start to run off course or get in over their heads. And you're right on the rest--the whole thing is tragic.

33,508 posts, read 18,000,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
Yeah, because there is a 'look' to a criminal. A new level of dumb has entered this thread...

Rofl...I think I would swallow a shotgun if I had this kind of profound mental capacity.
The boy does look harmless. But obviously he isn't. He placed that bomb there and arms and legs were blown off many people .Can't tell by looks ,it is deceiving .

Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,123,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
They are, quite literally, Caucasian.
right from the Caucasian region.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,448,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Because he's armed and dangerous.
He should have had 100,000 bullet holes in his body by now. Help him meet those virgins that await him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies