Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

This tweet is too funny. Liberals have created an environment where folks don't even blink at anti-Americanism

@MelindaDC: Latvian neighbor told me that older brother was annoyingly anti-American. "But a lot of people in Cambridge talk like that."

https://twitter.com/melindadc/status/325427059658735616

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Correct - which is why I used the term "Muslim extremists".

I expounded on this earlier in the thread.

The Islamic extremists are a small minority who pervert the Qur'an and do not truly worship Allah.

Muslim terrorists are included in this subset.
I think extremist period is better cause god knows there are a lot of christian extremists. Most of them serving in office for the gop.

Either way, i feel very proud of being an american tonight.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
One day I found a cell phone- It contained a slew of pictures ......Hand guns have become a problem Toronto....contained in the phone were images of punks holding a gun in each hand pointing into the lens. The other pics were various shots of a long table displaying a couple of dozen high end semi auto weapons - The images of the people in the phone were very clear and it was clear these guys were gun runners. The battery in the phone went dead.

I was a concerned older man and I took the phone to the local cop station..I explained to the guy at the desk that they should have a look at what I had...The cop said - they "did not have the equipment to recharge the phone" Some big smiling blonde cop - gave the phone to me and also stated there might be some "privacy issues"...then he smirked and laughed in my face.

I got the impression there was no will in law enforcement to bring about some peace and security in Toronto- They could have taken dozens of illegal guns off the street - arrested the gun runners and stopped another hundred weapons from entering Canada...but they were not interested...Thinking back I am still astounded that this took place _ I thought cops really wanted to serve and protect.
I went to the FBI in the states here and was met with the same response on a boy who was being molested. Got NO WHERE!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
So he wasn't Mirandized, cue enraged liberals.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There is no hope for some folks. They are beyond help.

I find it somewhat bizarre that 2000 police were mobilized and an entire metropolitan area was locked down to search for a 19 year old kid who detonated a pressure cooker.

I guess this is the "new normal" in America. It is bound to get more interesting as these incidents get more organized, frequent, and more deadly.
The guys were throwing IEDs and hand grenades at the police last night, as well as shooting at them. They found many more bombs when they searched their residence(s) today. They were extremely dangerous to the public.

I do think its interesting that they had such a hard time finding him though, since they knew he was in a certain 20 block area. The boat was searched by the police earlier today according to reports, so he was moving around while they were searching for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
its over. captured. what a torrid few days.
Thanks for catching us up an hour late. No one else on the thread had heard he had been caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I just heard that they took the SUV from there with the owner of the car.
The earlier press conference said they were at the convenience store, and that there was an armed robbery at that same store around the same time, but that the suspects weren't involved. Strange, huh? Not sure I would want to work at that store if they get terrorists and robbers on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Go back a bit..over 200 shots fired at a vehicle and he still got away.
And at evening press conference, they said he escaped that fire fight on foot, not in that car. So maybe all that info about him running over his brother was wrong. But it makes one wonder even more how an injured suspect was able to just run away from so many police and lose them completely.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:06 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You need to learn how to read broseph, as per the ag there are exceptions to the rule (google it) it is called public safety concern and it is normal in terrorism cases.

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
I think extremist period is better
Why do you want to deny the fact that most acts of terror are carried out by young Muslim male extremists?

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
0bama's hair is really getting gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

Thanks for catching us up an hour late. No one else on the thread had heard he had been caught.

lololol

Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,657 times
It was only two guys. What if there were 10 of them?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm a flaming liberal and I am A-OK with that. Public Safety clause
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies