Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times

Advertisements

To send him back to Russia it would be necessary to first prove that he lied when he took the oath of citizenship, and that requires proving that his sentiments toward our country didn't turn sour after that.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The right to arm oneself in an appropriate manner may come in handy during the occasional Terrorist loose in your neighborhood as recent events show.

Limited to a 7 round magazine is not an "appropriate manner".
You seem confused in believing that any proposed provision limiting the number of rounds in a clip, limited the number of clips.

Do you know of any proposed provison the would have limited the number of clips? Or limited the number of weapons which held a 7 round clip?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:32 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Karma is a bi**ch!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
JoBlow made it clear that Obama didn't get OBL. He let the world know that it was Seal Team 6 and ever since then, it's as if he gave members of Seal Team 6 the kiss of death, because they keep dying off. The most recent seal to die happened on March 30 because of a "parachute training accident". Hard to believe that a solid, experienced member of the team wouldn't do a thorough job checking his chute before dropping out of a plane.
As someone who's "local" to that training accident the story that was on our news was not that the 'chute failed but that during a HALO jump they ran into each other.
As for Obama outing Seal team 6, well, there's just no excuse for that. There's a reason they've always been kept highly secret.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And?

Isn't that how it works in this country? "Innocent until proven guilty?"

Are you really going to throw a hissy fit over some dude on the t.v. using the term "alleged?"

Would you have preferred that host demand the guy be drawn and quartered, right there and then? (No need to answer.)
Actually I wish there was a way to insert tone and inflection into posts. It was the tone of the statements and flow of the conversation not just what was said that made me raise an eyebrow and shake my head.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Oh, brother - another armchair keyboard commando.

IF a cop had done that, you all would be screaming about police brutality and how rotten cops are (look at the Dorner case).

Yes, yes, they were.
No armchair here, just stating what I (since I do happen to know myself) would have been inclined to do. Is there a problem with being honest?

Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Just a couple of quick questions for all of you jr. detective super sleuths out there convinced this was an inside job.

If the government was trying to "pin" the attack at the Boston Marathon on those two brothers, then how did they know in advance that the boys would be at the race where they would be widely photographed? How did one of the injured runners directly identify the oldest brother as the guy who sat the bag down that blew up directly next to him a few minutes later? He said he looked him in the eye. In fact, when he became conscious, he started writing out that he'd seen the bomber, and he helped to identify him from crowd photos. Why are there photographs of the boys with bags before the blast, and no bags after the blast? If the boys were innocent and saw themselves on TV as suspected terrorists, why didn't they contact law enforcement to try to straighten it out, vs. stealing a car and hiding out? Wouldn't law enforcement take them into custody immediately if they were trying to set them up--before they released the pictures to the public--if they knew who they were and were trying to frame them? If they were innocent, why did they have home made bombs with them in the car that they threw at police? I could believe that they might have assault rifles at home, but how many people have home made hand grenades stored for a rainy day?

I could keep going, but I've made my point. None of what you're suggesting even remotely adds up. Do you think it's possible that they had extra security, including LE from a variety of agencies along with bomb sniffing dogs, because it's a major public event and terrorism is always a concern at major, open public events? The boys sat the bags down, and they exploded minutes later. They had no bag screening for people coming into the event, and the dogs wouldn't have had time to find them after they'd been put in place.

You guys need to stop listening to Glenn Beck and Alex Jones. I really worry about your mental health. Try looking at situations logically and analytically. Are set ups possible in the world? Sure, but there's a difference between remotely possible and remotely probable. Your theory is about as improbable as it gets.

As for the rest, Tim McVeigh openly admitted that he did the Oklahoma City bombing, and Terry Nichols testified against him. There was a ton of evidence linking them to the crime. If there was another person on top of Tim McVeigh that committed the crime (possible but not probable), then he got away with it because McVeigh didn't talk about him and there was no evidence, but that doesn't mean the government was involved--it would have been another anti-government nut.

What you're proposing is not only silly, but insane.
A) Those two were being followed by the FBI for 3 years that is admitted and in the mainstream news! If they were so terrible, or if they weren't going to be somehow used in a set up, why didn't they arrest them years ago? They were sacrificial lambs.
B) There were bomb sniffing dogs there BEFORE the bomb went off that lots of people saw and that got on tape.
C) There were announcements beforehand, over the loud speaker, not to worry that a "drill" was taking place.
D) Some runners were even told who were registering that if they ran the race they might be killed.
E) There were swarms of guys who looked like navy seals who were later found to be CRAFT mercenaries there at the bomb scene one holding what might have been a detanator and there are pictures of all of that.
F) One runner for the Army was pulled from the race before crossing the finish line and is being
kept from talking with his relative Infowars.com reporter.

Can you put A,B,C,D,E and F together? If you can't then add in G below.

G) The backpack on of the two "chosen" suspects was carrying was too small to hold a pressure cooker and it was gray. The backback holding the pressure cooker was black and it was identical to what the mercenaries all had.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and just how much helpful information that might lead to preventing another bombing attack can a corpse provide?
If he has any which is highly doubtful the minute a lawyer steps into the room you'll get nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
As much as everyone probably wanted to kill him, I'm sure the order was to take him alive and they also understood that if they did kill him, everything he knew would go to the grave with him. Chechyans committing acts of terrorism in the US is a whole new breed and it's important to know everything possible. This is a 19 year old kid, who has no one, doesn't have his brother to think for him, and will be scared crap if he survives, and will probably crack in no time and spill his guts. I want to see him live. He knows something.
Again, once he's gotten his Miranda warning the lawyer that is/has been standing next to him will end the interview.
If they label him an enemy combatant then the rules change and if, and that's a big "if" he knows anything they'll have the time to get it from him. There's also the theory out there that there's no need to read him Miranda as they've got enough to convict without him saying anything.

Quote:
This. ^^^^

It will be interesting to see how the guns were obtained and by whom.
It will also be interesting to see how they came up with (reported) granades and other explosives. There has to be more people involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has likely been discussed but there are too many new pages to read. They did have a list and the older brother was on it. This is something I do not understand. He should have been I.D.'d within hours of the bombing.

They had investigated him. They had been to his home to interview the family. They had all kinds of info on him. Why didn't anyone go through this list as soon as they had a picture of the suspect?

If they had perhaps the police officer that was later killed wouldn't have been.
The mom said that the FBI did a whole bunch more than just question him and let him go. This seems a lot like what happened at the beginning of the 9/11 attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
We needed one of them alive for interrogation purposes just in case they were not acting alone or to identify others who were responsible for radicalizing them and turning them into murderers and terrorists.
Sadly the wrong one was kept alive. The older brother had the info I'd bet, the younger just a follower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The answer isn't to arm a bunch of unregulated yahoos who themselves could end up wreaking as much havoc as any terrorist. The answer, actually, is to expand state defense forces to protect the community in exigent circumstances and serve as a protection for the state against federal incursion. This is what the second amendment is referring to when it talks about a well-regulated militia. I see nothing wrong with people having firearms as long as they answer to someone other than their own petulance. While I'm quite pleased and proud of how the authorities handled things on Friday, just imagine how much more efficient the enterprise would have been if the Town Council President called up the Watertown Town Irregulars at 2am, made up of essentially every gun owner in Watertown, trained and qualified, answerable to a duly-authorized military hierarchy, and subject to all of society's regulations regarding state defense forces.
Fortunately SCOTUS disagrees with your interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Why? Do we need his confession to get a conviction?

You seem like a nice enough person, but boy am I glad you're not KING. Grant mercy and grace? Great, we'd have the next bombing at Fenway Park. No thanks.

Not if the younger brother talks - which is why he should not be Mirandized - yet.

No, we don't need him to say a word to convict him. They could choose to ignore Miranda, all that would happen if he talked was that anything he said couldn't be used against "him" but would have no effect on others prosecution.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As someone who's "local" to that training accident the story that was on our news was not that the 'chute failed but that during a HALO jump they ran into each other.
As for Obama outing Seal team 6, well, there's just no excuse for that. There's a reason they've always been kept highly secret.
And there's probably also a reason why they were outed and spoken about so casually by top officials.
But we may never find out.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
He will likely have a Public Defender, however..... the Republican sequester is cutting availability of that function. It is already slowing the trial for Bin Laden Kin ....

Bin Laden Kin Trial Hits 'Troublesome' Sequester Snag - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies