Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
A) Those two were being followed by the FBI for 3 years that is admitted and in the mainstream news! If they were so terrible, or if they weren't going to be somehow used in a set up, why didn't they arrest them years ago? They were sacrificial lambs.
B) There were bomb sniffing dogs there BEFORE the bomb went off that lots of people saw and that got on tape.
C) There were announcements beforehand, over the loud speaker, not to worry that a "drill" was taking place.
D) Some runners were even told who were registering that if they ran the race they might be killed.
E) There were swarms of guys who looked like navy seals who were later found to be CRAFT mercenaries there at the bomb scene one holding what might have been a detanator and there are pictures of all of that.
F) One runner for the Army was pulled from the race before crossing the finish line and is being
kept from talking with his relative Infowars.com reporter.

Can you put A,B,C,D,E and F together? If you can't then add in G below.

G) The backpack on of the two "chosen" suspects was carrying was too small to hold a pressure cooker and it was gray. The backback holding the pressure cooker was black and it was identical to what the mercenaries all had.
A) Wrong. The older brother was question at the request of a foreign govt. (probably Russia) but no followup was done.
B) As has been stated so many times before, that would not be unusual at a large event like the Boston Marathon.
C) I have never heard that anywhere but here on CD, mostly from you. I've never seen a link.
D) Well, signing a release acknowledging risk, including the risk of death, is pretty standard with events like this.
E) Provide a link (not a youtube video or some pictures of people's legs only, like I've seen here.)
F) Link.
G) I don't think you know that pressure cookers come in various sizes.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
F) Link.
Source was noted in the post. Do you really need a link when the source is Infowars?? LOL

Looking at the photo one would think that he died at the scene, but then again there are tags on his body which may indicate he did die in the hospital. I don't know what they are called but they are on the left side above his heart, lower left side below the gash, lower right side and something on his right arm. I doubt it was staged so that a photo could be "leaked".

Last edited by softblueyz; 04-21-2013 at 09:10 AM..

Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Source was noted in the post. Do you really need a link when the source is Infowars?? LOL
LOL! It might be nice if she posted said link!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:05 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
Quote:
He was pronounced dead at the hospital. My personal opinion is that he was already dead.

Yes, and while I have my "issues" with 19 yo's being considered adults, in the eyes of the law, he is an adult.

That would probably not be admissible in court, especially with the language barrier.
There is no language barrier. He has been here for 10 years or more. He can speak english well.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
A) Wrong. The older brother was question at the request of a foreign govt. (probably Russia) but no followup was done.

G) I don't think you know that pressure cookers come in various sizes.
I'm thinking a smaller country than Russia. You would think if Russia was saying it, it would be
taken very seriously, considering their history with Chechnya terrorist attacks - quite brutal..

I was also surprised when I heard on TV "most won't know what a pressure cooker is,
it is something our grandmothers used....
Pressure cookers have made a come back IMO.
I have one and use it for no fail stews and such. So many sizes, manual & electric.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,009 times
Boston Mayor said on ABC they acted alone. How do they know that so quickly?

Eta: charges will most likely be filed today.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
There is no language barrier. He has been here for 10 years or more. He can speak english well.
Even in the old Soviet Union, English was taught almost as a mandate in
elementary grades.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Boston Mayor said on ABC they acted alone. How do they know that so quickly?

Eta: charges will most likely be filed today.
Meanwhile they've arrested 5 other people...3 near where the younger one lived and 2 about 50 miles away. The 3 were foreigners. They think sleeper cell of about 12..EdwardA posted a link to the story.

The CIA/FBI are using a special interrogation team to question him.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 AM

24,410 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Theres no question the guys in the picture were from Craft International and were there as hired security. You ostrich people need to quit saying " prove it" and just do a simple google search. Their pictures are all over the web from many media sources. Don't get all hyper defensive, you make people wonder if you have an agenda of your own.
I'm not saying they were involved or part of a conspiracy, I'm just saying they shouldn't have been paid for doing nothing and those who hired them need to be made to squirm for at the very least showing poor event planning and wasteful spending of Marathon or city finances. And its possible they had some wind of a possible attack and still got caught with their pants down.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
A) Those two were being followed by the FBI for 3 years that is admitted and in the mainstream news! If they were so terrible, or if they weren't going to be somehow used in a set up, why didn't they arrest them years ago? They were sacrificial lambs.
There's evidence that they had tracked the older brother, and didn't find anything that branded him as a terrorist. The younger brother became a naturalized US citizen last year. You don't naturalize people when you think they're a threat to the country, and the older brother would have been deported if they'd found something. You just made your own point--neither had done anything that was "so terrible" that they should be kicked out of the country at the point where they were being investigated

Quote:
B) There were bomb sniffing dogs there BEFORE the bomb went off that lots of people saw and that got on tape.
They could have had the dogs at the event as an additional security measure, because it's a huge public event. After the attempted Spokane bomb, I'm sure they swept the area before the event. By all accounts the boys dropped off the bombs and they went off pretty quickly afterwards--not much time for the dogs to find the bags, especially in that kind of crowd.

Quote:
C) There were announcements beforehand, over the loud speaker, not to worry that a "drill" was taking place.
You'd think that if that was the case, a ton of people would have come forward with that comment, because there were 30K runners there alone, not to mention the crowd. So far it's been just a few people.
Why do YOU think that is? My guess is that it didn't happen, or in the remote possibility that it did, they were responding to a called in threat and didn't want to panic people.

Quote:
D) Some runners were even told who were registering that if they ran the race they might be killed.
Who are these people and why aren't they being quoted or interviewed by anyone except for Alex Jones types?

Quote:
E) There were swarms of guys who looked like navy seals who were later found to be CRAFT mercenaries there at the bomb scene one holding what might have been a detanator and there are pictures of all of that.
Or they were private security hired for the event?

Quote:
F) One runner for the Army was pulled from the race before crossing the finish line and is being
kept from talking with his relative Infowars.com reporter.
Are they holding him hostage? Has he been kidnapped? Seriously?

Quote:
Can you put A,B,C,D,E and F together? If you can't then add in G below.
So far, your A-F comments have all been pretty much blown out of the water. You're trying to say that 1 + 1 = 27.
Quote:
G) The backpack on of the two "chosen" suspects was carrying was too small to hold a pressure cooker and it was gray. The backback holding the pressure cooker was black and it was identical to what the mercenaries all had.
[/quote]

How do you know the bags were "identical" to the ones carried by security? They're black backpacks, and there's a clear picture of the older brother walking into the event with one. One bomb was a pressure cooker bomb, but that's not what the FBI said about the second one, and it very well could be a smaller container. The younger boy was carrying a gray backpack when he went into the event, but there are photos of him walking away from the event with NO BACKPACK. One of the bombing victims saw the older brother put the bag down directly beside him, and it went off minutes later. There isn't any "confusion" about that. I haven't seen anything about fragments found for the bag from the second device that went off, except for a couple of reports that said they found black nylon, which very logically could be part of a gray backpack. Sorry, but you're reaching for crazy straws here.

"One device was housed in a pressure cooker hidden inside a backpack, the FBI said. The device also had fragments that may have included nails, BBs and ball bearings, the agency said. The second bomb was in a metal container, but it was unclear whether it was in a pressure cooker as well, the FBI said."
FBI: Help us ID Boston bomb suspects - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies