Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 PM

144 posts, read 123,041 times

Advertisements

This could be a lone homegrown nut. The 'Backpack IED' was involved in an Aryan Nation incident in Spokane, WA recently.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Terrorism comes to an end once people are fearless. You can not terrorize a person that is no longer afraid. I found myself today to be numb to this...and I am not ashamed to say so. I don't give a damn about those that seek to frighten and control others through fear. They can go back to hell where they came from because - I and millions like me will NOT BE MOVED.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of FORTRAN View Post
This could be a lone homegrown nut. The 'Backpack IED' was involved in an Aryan Nation incident in Spokane, WA recently.
I don't believe the Spokane azzhat was Aryan Nations. I'm not sure they exist any more, last I knew they were down south somewhere.

This seems more like a Weather Underground or OWS type attack than a "skinhead" one, though neither really fits the profile. I haven't seen any indication that the victims were primarily a racial minority. In the past, right wing bombers attacked the government, both facilities and individuals. Left wing groups have attacked government facilities, businesses and research institutes(WU/ELF/OWS, Unibomber). Neither has made random attacks on civilians.

Other than the crudeness of the bombs and the failure rate, the number of bombs and randomness of the targets aimed at inspiring terror point to an organized attack.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResearchMom View Post
Was it a sick retaliation for this? Not sure if the attack happened before Boston though.. US bomb blunder kills 30 at Afghan wedding | World news | The Guardian
Yes. It was revenge for an event that happened in 2002.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResearchMom View Post
Oops sorry, wrong link. It actually just seems to have happened again ... US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding | Mail Online
It's the same story.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Just terrible....I feel so bad for the people who got killed...and the poor people who got mutilated.

But on the PLUS side.....hopefully this incident will further divide the country, and the two sides that basically hate each others guts.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 PM

280 posts, read 603,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It's the same story.
You are right. It's circulating, got me confused... So sad.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
This is so awful. And shameful people would turn a tragedy that just happened a few hours ago that had zip to do with guns into a gun debate. I guess some people just can't help themselves.

I hoping for an even MORE divided USA.....if that is even possible.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
I'm not going to guess at who was did this, i'll leave that to the experts to figure it out.
I did want to mention how good it was to hear how so many Boston locals opened their homes for many of the marathon participants so they could use their phones or get something eat. Many of the participants were out of towners and were diverted crom the area with no place to go. Also, thankfully the hospitals said they did not need to ask for people to donate blood because so many came to donate right after the incident that they had plenty for the time being.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM

214 posts, read 290,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
CNN: reported a Penske truck is being sought that tried to access the race area and was turned away.

CNN: reporting that a law enforcement official is saying they have a Saudi National injured in the hospital. He is a "person of interest" has been questioned, is being guarded but not under arrest.

MSNBC: reported the FBI said they have persons of interest & are intensively questioning one of them pretty hard.

Picture from a guy on Boston Bruins forum that I was following. Guy wearing a white ball cap & white hoodie with hood down detained by BPD nearby.
Not only didn't you apparently even bother to read my post, but you also didn't bother to read that Bruins forum thread a little further to see that the man in the photos was NOT wearing a turban.

I also checked CNN who, by the way, didn't start mentioning any Saudis until long after the new york post started doing it. Just because the interviewed (and anonymous, how interesting) cop chose, on his or her own free will, to say that one of the injured people at the hospital who were under guard (because everyone at the hospital is under guard and is required to be, per policy) happened to be a Saudi national, means that it's any more likely to be the work of a Muslim extremist?

Really? Those are the grounds upon which we start throwing around accusations of Muslim extremist terrorism?

It's also worth mentioning that CNN has a strong streak of right-wing bias running through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies