Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:54 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Making it so that everyone is armed with a gun in each hand also does not prevent deaths. Typical gun nut logic.
Making it where people who have not commited a crime can choose to own guns is common sense. Why do you want to restrict my civil rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Who said anything about arming everyone? Certainly not me. You dug that up somewhere far, far away from this thread. That's for sure.
Oh so then what is the point of this thread, other than to push your silly gun nut logic? So lets say we ban nothing and make it easy for people to carry as many guns as they want, would this prevent the bombing? No, so yes, you are projecting silly gun nut logic.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
The underlying gun-grabber logic is that prohibiting access to something will keep people safe. Why would they want to limit guns if not for keeping the populace safe from those would use guns against others? So how can the banning of ball bearings and carpenter nails be any different?

Anyone want to give it a try?

(I see all of my previous responses were deleted. There's absolutely an agenda on this thread.)
I just did, but you ignore it as usual.

Again, very few people pick up nails and hammer them into their heads or the heads of their children or neighbor's children.

And you can use anything as a projectile.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Making it where people who have not commited a crime can choose to own guns is common sense. Why do you want to restrict my civil rights?
Please, your guns ain't saving you from a bomb. You coddle your gun tonight as it lulls you to sleep and giving you a false sense of safety.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I just did, but you ignore it as usual.

Again, very few people pick up nails and hammer them into their heads or the heads of their children or neighbor's children.

And you can use anything as a projectile.
Oh ok. So basically, you prefer a statistical approach to what should be banned and what shouldn't?

It's time to ban hammers. And knives. They kill more people than rifles.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Oh ok. So basically, you prefer a statistical approach to what should be banned and what shouldn't?

Sure, why not, lets ban everything that clearly is a danger to you.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Please, your guns ain't saving you from a bomb. You coddle your gun tonight as it lulls you to sleep and giving you a false sense of safety.
Guns are used millions of times a year to protect their owners from criminals, why do you want to take that away? Why do you want to take the one thing that can protect women, disabled and seniors from bigger and stronger criminals?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Guns are used millions of times a year to protect their owners from criminals, why do you want to take that away? Why do you want to take the one thing that can protect women, disabled and seniors from bigger and stronger criminals?
Who said I want to take away your precious guns? I just think it is idiotic to use this bombing to insist that we need to be armed to the teeth as if it would of prevented anything. No one is coming for your guns so stop pointing them at your front door.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:

Good God this is profoundly irritating.

Hammers, knives, swimming pools, cars, rocks, trees, electric current and asteroids have legitimate purpose other than to kill and maim.

I have no objection to persons using guns for sport or actual need (say if you've got a stalker).

I do object to every Tom, Dick and Harry owning guns with no prudent regard for the safety of others, or being able to sell them to any mentally unstable thug without fear of retribution.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Good God this is profoundly irritating.

Hammers, knives, swimming pools, cars, rocks, trees, electric current and asteroids have legitimate purpose other than to kill and maim.

I have no objection to persons using guns for sport or actual need (say if you've got a stalker).

I do object to every Tom, Dick and Harry owning guns with no prudent regard for the safety of others, or being able to sell them to any mentally unstable thug without fear of retribution.
So civil rights are based on needs now. I guess Ross Parks didnt need to ride the bus, she could have just walked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies