Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 AM

977 posts, read 763,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Saying someone is whining is a childish response it is what kids use and show a lack of intelligence.There are plenty of examples of people getting wealth they do not deserve. Plenty of times CEO's have gotten bonuses they did not deserve. There are not a lot of good paying jobs left have you seen the unemployment rate and nto everyone has the ability to go to school.
You're entitled to your erroneous opinions. Now stop whining about me using the word whining.

You do not decide who deserves wealth. Only a 'child' thinks otherwise.

I see many good paying skilled jobs out there. Go learn something and become productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 04:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
You're entitled to your erroneous opinions. Now stop whining about me using the word whining.

You do not decide who deserves wealth. Only a 'child' thinks otherwise.

I see many good paying skilled jobs out there. Go learn something and become productive.

Cool, where do I sign up?

Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt
Government creates, implements, and enforces the game rules by which we live and create wealth, and to some extent picks winners and losers.

Government prevents the private sector (developers) from building homes that low-wage workers can afford to buy, thereby ensuring the ongoing existence of a large pool of renters, which in turn enables landlords to build wealth, while preventing said renters from building the wealth that home equity provides. Millions of landlords have built wealth on the basis of government policies.

Quote:
I disagree. When we bought our home in 1986, renting cost the same as buying for our means. It depends where you look for a home. Location, location. location. Being a landlord is not all it is cracked up to be.

You disagree that government prevents the private sector from building homes that low-wage workers can afford to buy?

Why then are there homes I am allowed by government to rent but not to buy?

Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
There has always been rich and poor and everything in between. But it is in vogue these days to cry and gripe about the Jones' having more. We now have been invaded by the Whiny Generation.
The current financial situation has clearly gone over your head. On city-data, you'll have to use more than talking points if you want to earn some respect. There's a lot of intelligent informed posters.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Cool, where do I sign up?
I assume there are schools near you.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
You disagree that government prevents the private sector from building homes that low-wage workers can afford to buy?
Yes. In the 1980's you could buy a home on a working stiff's salary. You still can today. We had builders putting up low-cost homes in the Bolingbrook IL area non-stop in the early '80's.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The current financial situation has clearly gone over your head. On city-data, you'll have to use more than talking points if you want to earn some respect. There's a lot of intelligent informed posters.
Get off the forum kid. There is a big world out there. Life exists outside of your basement.

And like the coward you are, you failed to address my truth. So one more time simp.........

There has always been rich and poor and everything in between. But it is in vogue these days to cry and gripe about the Jones' having more. We now have been invaded by the Whiny Generation.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
Nothing but stupid talking points. I hate posters like that
You all need to get a room.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Thanks for cluing me in on the technical term for it.
How sweet.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Yes. In the 1980's you could buy a home on a working stiff's salary. You still can today. We had builders putting up low-cost homes in the Bolingbrook IL area non-stop in the early '80's.

Do you seriously believe burger flippers can buy homes in the Bolingbrook area? Even in the 1980s?

You didn't answer my question why are there homes government allows people to rent but not buy.

Low-cost homes aren't affordable if the zoning requires large parcels of unaffordable land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies