Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times

Advertisements

I have never heard of the website you linked to. If I were you I would look to other sources of information. The "news" site you linked is just overhyped conspiracy crap that has no basis in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I have never heard of the website you linked to. If I were you I would look to other sources of information. The "news" site you linked is just overhyped conspiracy crap that has no basis in reality.
Really? I recognized "Global Research" immediately. It's a conspiracy-nut fave.

You can tell, anyway, by the article title: "Official Story...blah blah blah". As soon as you hear the term, "official story", think "conspiracy-nut alert". It's a good rule. It usually makes me think "person sitting in cornfield with an Internet connection and little interaction with society and other human beings."

As if there's an "official story", especially so soon on this one.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
It seems reasonable to me that saying, "this is just a drill" would inspire more calmness than yelling "Run for your lives. It's a bomb!!!"

Maybe that's part of the training. Calm down people instead of causing additional panic.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
This doesn't belong in Current Events.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Really? I recognized "Global Research" immediately. It's a conspiracy-nut fave.

You can tell, anyway, by the article title: "Official Story...blah blah blah". As soon as you hear the term, "official story", think "conspiracy-nut alert". It's a good rule. It usually makes me think "person sitting in cornfield with an Internet connection and little interaction with society and other human beings."

As if there's an "official story", especially so soon on this one.
I guess I don't have too much experience with all those sites yet To be honest, not the first place I would go to get my news. I guess to each their own though.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
5 pm...arrives and there is no announcement as promised...first they have a person in custody..that turns into a person just being questioned and now it turns into no person at all and the authorities are back to square one. I wish media would just stop of a day or two.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This doesn't belong in Current Events.
Exactly, so I reported it. Take it to POC where you belong Grandpa

Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
There are no sinister forces other than the nut planted the bomb. I wish conspiracy never became a national sport and pass time. There are limits to speculation and a time to stop. Conspiracy nuts are just as paranoid as the authorities - that is a bad mix. It's as if insanity has taken the place of reality. This imaginative paranoia is a disease.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
If this is true it's unbelievable!!!

"It’s now becoming clear that members of the Boston bomb squad had advanced notice of the horrific bombing that took place at the marathon today. As an eyewitness reports, once the bombs went off, officials began announcing, “this is just a drill!” This logically means they were all informed of the “bomb drill” beforehand. Otherwise, why would they respond with, “this is just a drill” ?

Official Story Unraveling for Boston Marathon Bombing; Clear Evidence Points to Bomb Squad’s Prior Knowledge | Global Research

Was this a "false flag" boming to justify to expand the TSA into a SS like police force?
"If (Obama) calls for TSA on the streets of America to “keep everybody safe” at sporting events, then it’s all clearly a false flag rolled out for a political purpose. It was all a pretext to justify a TSA lockdown."
With all due respect, I'd post this in Great Debates. Your opinion about this doesn't suit the idea of current events, but is pure conjecture. And it is painful, you know? Who really believes that there is a conspiracy to kill American citizens? How painful for the victims.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
If this is true it's unbelievable!!!

"It’s now becoming clear that members of the Boston bomb squad had advanced notice of the horrific bombing that took place at the marathon today. As an eyewitness reports, once the bombs went off, officials began announcing, “this is just a drill!” This logically means they were all informed of the “bomb drill” beforehand. Otherwise, why would they respond with, “this is just a drill” ?

Official Story Unraveling for Boston Marathon Bombing; Clear Evidence Points to Bomb Squad’s Prior Knowledge | Global Research

Was this a "false flag" boming to justify to expand the TSA into a SS like police force?
"If (Obama) calls for TSA on the streets of America to “keep everybody safe” at sporting events, then it’s all clearly a false flag rolled out for a political purpose. It was all a pretext to justify a TSA lockdown."
No, the Boston PD has already stated that they had no advance knowledge of the threat, and that they cleared the entire course two times with bomb sniffing dogs, before the blast and found no indication of a bomb. Just as they have done in previous years.

Dogs swept the area for explosives twice before the first runners crossed the finish line, Davis said. Eleven were assigned — four from the Boston police (the same number as last year) and seven from the *MBTA. Boston police have a total of 11 bomb-sniffing dogs, which are deployed in shifts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies