Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times

Advertisements

.....to an over-reactive government who pretends to love immigrants.

It's a shame that being a brown person on a sidewalk near a bomb site is enough to make you a "possible suspect."

Within an hour, they were questioning this guy. Absolutely despicable. How many white people did they question to the extent that this guy was questioned? How many white tenants' apartments were searched like this guys apartment was searched?

This is yet another fail by local, state, and federal governments in their attempt to look like they have a handle on the situation.

I find it to be absolutely despicable that such a "potential suspect"....much less a "Saudi National"...was ever leaked to the media, and it had to come from a government official of some sorts.

Disgusting!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...f71_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Color me surprised.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:51 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
I heard the claim, but don't know all the details.

You bring up a good point though about profiling. We've had terrorist of all different colors in this country.

The reason the incident rattled me yesterday was because it could happen anywhere. I pray to God we don't have to face what is going on over in the Middle East.

What's the solution to making our country safer?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I heard the claim, but don't know all the details.

You bring up a good point though about profiling. We've had terrorist of all different colors in this country.

The reason the incident rattled me yesterday was because it could happen anywhere. I pray to God we don't have to face what is going on over in the Middle East.

What's the solution to making our country safer?
Ask Kim Jong-un

Freedom comes with a price.

You want to improve safety? Decrease the balkanization of America.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,486 times
most of america assumes it is a middle eastern. when you hear of a person who ate someone else, i assume it is a white dude. when i hear of gang fight, assume that it is blacks/hispanics and someone else. We see it on TV all our lives, the media feeds it to tv watchers. We cannot just ignore our instincts. are there white terrorist? of course. are there blacks who eat others?.... Hell NO!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
I feel sorry for that poor guy. He didn't deserve that but this is what we've turned into.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
most of america assumes it is a middle eastern. when you hear of a person who ate someone else, i assume it is a white dude. when i hear of gang fight, assume that it is blacks/hispanics and someone else. We see it on TV all our lives, the media feeds it to tv watchers. We cannot just ignore our instincts. are there white terrorist? of course. are there blacks who eat others?.... Hell NO!

Just wondering... are you trying to be oblivious to the black guy who ate the face off the bum on purpose?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I don't disagree with you. I actually support some level of profiling, mostly because it's natural instinct, but also because it can be useful.

But I also believe that law enforcement officials at all levels had the obligation to protect the identity of the individual they were questioning so as not to set off some sort of premature outrage toward Middle Easterners when in fact there was absolutely no reason for the public to know that he was even a potential suspect to begin with.

Someone with inside access leaked this information, and I think it was for entirely selfish purposes such as making the people of Boston and the world think that law enforcement was "on top of it."

Makes me nauseated!

Old 04-16-2013, 01:18 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,786,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
.....to an over-reactive government who pretends to love immigrants.

It's a shame that being a brown person on a sidewalk near a bomb site is enough to make you a "possible suspect."

Within an hour, they were questioning this guy. Absolutely despicable. How many white people did they question to the extent that this guy was questioned? How many white tenants' apartments were searched like this guys apartment was searched?

This is yet another fail by local, state, and federal governments in their attempt to look like they have a handle on the situation.

I find it to be absolutely despicable that such a "potential suspect"....much less a "Saudi National"...was ever leaked to the media, and it had to come from a government official of some sorts.

Disgusting!

Injured Saudi is a witness, not a suspect, in Boston bombing - The Washington Post
Your post is despicable! And disgusting! All you are concerned about right now is the color of this guys skin?? How disgusting! The police and FBI have a job to do, and all you think about is being politically correct! Because we don't want to hurt the Saudi's feelings! A Saudi national happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and we are suppose to worry about what he might think?? While it is true, not all Arabs, Muslims are terrorists, almost all terrorists have proven to be Muslim, and a large percentage do not like the U.S. It just so happens Boston has many.

What happened yesterday is an example of what can happen when we embrace diversity! Boston is full of colleges and universities with tons of Arabs, Muslims, alike. Routinely, diversity is the primary focus of almost all of these colleges. Why is it we have Americans, born here with excellent grades that can't get into these schools all because of their white skin, or because of their gender?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Your post is despicable! And disgusting! All you are concerned about right now is the color of this guys skin?? How disgusting! The police and FBI have a job to do, and all you think about is being politically correct! Because we don't want to hurt the Saudi's feelings! A Saudi national happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and we are suppose to worry about what he might think?? While it is true, not all Arabs, Muslims are terrorists, almost all terrorists have proven to be Muslims. It just so happens Boston has many.

What happened yesterday is an example of what can happen when we embrace diversity! Boston is full of colleges and universities with tons of Arabs, Muslims, alike. Routinely, diversity is the primary focus of almost all of these colleges. Why is it we have Americans, born here with excellent grades that can't get into these schools all because of their white skin, or because of their gender?
Last time I checked we don't lose our civil rights when someone commits a crime.
We wait for congress and the president to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies