Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM

264 posts, read 280,345 times

Advertisements

Everybody is understandably angry right now, including myself. But I know that pointing a finger at entire groups of people is still wrong. As Americans, we need to be better than lowering ourselves out of anger towards this horrible act.

I think the concentration now needs to be in helping the victims and their families and finding the people responsible. It's that person or those people that need to be punished, not other entire groups of people that had nothing to do with this.

I know this is the case for all of us, but the victims are in my thoughts and prayers during this awful time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM

49 posts, read 160,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Everybody is understandably angry right now, including myself. But I know that pointing a finger at entire groups of people is still wrong. As Americans, we need to be better than lowering ourselves out of anger towards this horrible act.

I think the concentration now needs to be in helping the victims and their families and finding the people responsible. It's that person or those people that need to be punished, not other entire groups of people that had nothing to do with this.

I know this is the case for all of us, but the victims are in my thoughts and prayers during this awful time.
With all due respect, we have a full day of this non-sense. It is time to move onto the anger/revenge phase rather than being the push overs we are.

Another thing I don't understand is why nobody is calling for the governor and the mayor to tender their resignations. This was clearly avoidable and their public safety chiefs dropped the ball.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
I'll bet you 10 to 1 that the bomber was American grown right wing nut. Tax day, Boston Tea Party, anniversary of OKC.
Janet is that you?.. btw ok city and btp werent on 4/15

Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathseeker View Post
With all due respect, we have a full day of this non-sense. It is time to move onto the anger/revenge phase rather than being the push overs we are.

Another thing I don't understand is why nobody is calling for the governor and the mayor to tender their resignations. This was clearly avoidable and their public safety chiefs dropped the ball.
Seek revenge when we don't know who did it yet? Anger when we don't know who did it?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Seek revenge when we don't know who did it yet? Anger when we don't know who did it?
see post#2

Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 PM

264 posts, read 280,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post

Wanting those people's heads - definitely. Turning on entire groups of people who had nothing to do with any of this does nothing to help anything.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 PM

49 posts, read 160,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
What if the bomber was a former US soldier who suffered PSD while on duty, was severely injured by an IED, and felt abandoned by his government afterwards?

Why speculate? You don't know who did this any more than I do. Yet, somehow, you are willing to blame an entire group.
That may be so, but the overall historical pattern would make any reasonable thinker guess otherwise.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,362 times
Quote:
That may be so, but the overall historical pattern would make any reasonable thinker guess otherwise.
Wait for the facts and then react. So far no one knows .

Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
While there might not be an actual suspect yet, I would have no problem betting that the pressure cooker bomber was a). a male in his 20s, maybe 30s and b). Middle Eastern descent. Now if that offends the PC crowd, so be it. I'd rather have a small minority profiled instead of all law abiding citizens having their rights infringed upon with more Patriot Act type restrictions.

Now would be a good time to also get serious about closing the borders- no work or student visas. We have plenty of unemployed Americans who can do the jobs these foereigners are supposedly needed for.

To those who think this is "mean spirited", what would you rather see happen: All of us subjected to a police state- all for the sake of not hurting anyone's feelings????
Since it was most likely a MAN I think we need gender profiling.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM

563 posts, read 807,024 times
Benjamin Franklin forgot to say this:
"Those who take away essential liberty from others to obtain a little temporary safety for themselves, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies