Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Some sick individual killed and maimed people. Does it matter what his race is, his nationality, his religion, his political beliefs, if he had any? I guess all of that means something to those who want it to mean something. I don't care about any of that. My concern is that he/they are caught and bringing him/them to trial.
Thank you for so eloquently saying what I've been thinking the last 2 days. All I care about is that this nutcase is still at large and perhaps building another bomb to plant in the city where my daughter lives. We were lucky on Monday. She was safely at work when the bombs went off. But, until this person or persons are caught, I won't rest easy nor will many people in Boston. Nothing else matters at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's predictable as it is pathetic and disgusting.

That is all.
It's done by the usual suspects who do it to rile you up, best thing to do is not take them serious. Before I even read their threads or posts I know who they will blame

Nothing wrong with commenting on what they say, just don't let them get to you, it's what they want

Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The reason it is being discussed is because liberal media, without knowing facts is trying to say the bomber was a right wing radical. Do you think the article heading below is reasonable?

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American
Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com
Wrong...the first post threads on this forum had nothing to do with Liberals claiming anything...
check for yourself.

Check the first threads started on C-D.

Now it morphed into blaming libs for something they said...but the first threads were not. Check yourself.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
True Oldhag1 but we don't need a media feeding hate toward other Americans. Did you notice how people who could have easily ran stayed to help. I'll bet those people have political beliefs on the right and on the left but in this time that didn't matter. We just don't need a media that is accusing right or left wing and spewing hatred. The left is guilty of doing this and it is sad.
Agreed. There are more good and decent people in this country than either politicians or the media would acknowledge. Politicians use diviseness to push political agendas, to divide people into voting blocks, and to work to ensure they secure their own jobs. Media are the useless idiots that help politicians with that agenda. It is the PEOPLE of this country who are the good, decent, strongest entity of this nation.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
I didn't hear Fox say or even insinuate that it was left wing liberal but this is a quote from Chris Matthews

“Let me ask you about domestic terrorism as a category. Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”

It is ashamed but we have a media outlet that is feeding this garbage to people who are buying it.
I think MSNBC is out of line for the constant discussion that it could be a right wing domestic terrorist, because the odds are it could also be a lone wolf foreign one--it could be either. That said, it would make zero sense for FOX to claim it was a left wing attack, because the threat isn't there--there hasn't been a serious left wing attack since the 1980s because those groups either all disbanded after the Vietnam war, or they were infiltrated by the FBI and went to prison. Who knows--it could be some random nutty person mad at the Boston Marathon or the Boston PD too, but if you're going to look logically at where the threat is, it would be the radical right or a foreign inspired terrorist. Al Qaeda isn't taking responsibility for this one, so if it was a foreign terrorist, he or she acted alone. I don't watch Chris Matthews EVER but I don't think he was out of line for raising the fact that tax day/Patriots Day in Boston could be a symbol to someone with an anti-government agenda.

At this point who did it doesn't matter and it won't change anything--they just need to catch them to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's predictable as it is pathetic and disgusting.

That is all.
I completely agree with you.

This forum can quickly wear on you with the party based rhetoric. The only suggestion I can make is to do as another person in this thread mentioned: avoid the forum on days you know the madness will be at its highest.

Unfortunately, that often means avoiding it for the days after but sometimes it is the only way to keep your sanity. I've taken long breaks from here over the years for that very reason. That said, the new current events forum has potential. No party or political stuff is allowed there. It's yet to really take off but I hope it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies