Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,413,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I'm agnostic. I don't force my beliefs of agnosticism on others, and I don't use my beliefs of agnosticism to define laws or as a crutch for my position.

You do know the concept of separation of church and state right?

I am following my way. I am not telling people who they can or can't love, and who they can or can't marry, or stick my nose in who is having sex with whom. That is none of my business.

You on other hand are doing all of the above. You are telling people who they can or can't have a relations ship with, who they can or can't marry, and sticking your nose into their private lives.

news; YOUR SIDE changed the law so that interracial couples couldn't marry, despite for 1000 of years before Christianity interfered.

What the sane folks did was change it back.

What we want to do is stop discriminating in this country, which YOUR side wants to continue to do.

No, that is not in the bible. Many marriages in the Christian world were between mixed races.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So far no gay marriage in most states.
Now. Wait 10 years. 13 more states are now considering Amendments to their Constitutions to allow same sex marriages or repeal bans against them.

that would all disappear once SCOTUS rules that any such ban is unconstitutional.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:11 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,386,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That image is scary. A hetero boogeyman is scary. A homosexual boogeyman is ten times as scary.
Awwweee don't worry theres nothing to be scared about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet over 50% of the population is in favor of SSM.
I'd check that stat again. I think more are against, like 50 some percent. Close but still against.

24,261 posts, read 14,112,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
But the agenda to change the definition of marriage to include same-sex unions, had no merits. Yet it is what the gay advocate are pushing. Even though gays already had completely equal rights in marriage that heteros do.

When the next pressure group wants to further change it to include polygamy, that will have the same merit as changing it for same-sex unions: None. But clearly, that won't stop the pressure group.
Sure there are merits. There is no compelling state interest that is promoted by excluding SSM.

The government has to show how excluding a group will further the states interest in marriage.

7,541 posts, read 6,245,912 times
Quote:
No, that is not in the bible.
Yet interracial marriages were illegal and those that supported often used the bible to justify their bigotry.

Quote:
Many marriages in the Christian world were between mixed races.
apparently you missed out on the forced marriages that the Bible says must happen. they happened, most times against the other person's will.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,208,480 times
Quote:
So far no gay marriage in most states.
Yet.

With 58% of the overall population, and something like 80% of those under the age of 30, supporting marriage equality, do you really think you can stop it?

You really are part of an ever shrinking minority, and if you don't realize that, you are in some pretty pathetic denial.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
This has got to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on here. And that's really saying a lot. Homosexuality is broken heterosexuality? I just read that to my best friend who happens to be a lesbian, and she literally spit out her drink from laughing so hard. Do you people even hear yourselves? Do you realize how delusional and insane you sound? And by the way, I don't believe that a "heterosexual gene" has been found either, so you are making a foolish assumption that we are all born heterosexual. You certainly aren't basing that statement on science.
Watch the video is all I can say. Shrug.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
As will I!! Why do some religious people refuse to comprehend that we don't all believe the way they do? You cannot base legislation on religious beliefs because we do not all share the same religious views. How hard is that for people to comprehend? I am not religious, so I certainly have no desire to follow laws based on an antiquated book that I don't even believe in.
You already are.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,208,480 times
Quote:
I'd check that stat again. I think more are against, like 50 some percent. Close but still against.
You are so wrong.

You really need to get your head out of those BIASED sites you read because they're - surprise! - lying to you.
Quote:
Last month, 58 percent of respondents in a Washington Post-ABC News poll said it should be legal for gay and lesbian couples to marry, up from 37 percent in 2003.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-not-abortion/

Read it and weep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies