Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Same sex marriage will open the flood gate to many crazy things, because two men or two women marrying each other is immoral. Before long, people will be able to marry their pets.
Really?

That husky notwithstanding, just how exactly would those pets recite their vows or sign the marriage license?

Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
But children do best growing up with their father and mother living together in the same home. Every child deserves to have a mother and a father but not every adult deserves to have a child.
First they start on gays, next it will be widows and widowers, deployed soldiers...

The bigotry knows no bounds.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Same sex marriage will open the flood gate to many crazy things, because two men or two women marrying each other is immoral. Before long, people will be able to marry their pets.
Well that has been the case in the past. When a father married off his young daughter to the highest bidder, domesticated animals were part of the deal...so in a sense, the animals were being married off no different than the child.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Stop making excuses for offensive behavior. It is bigotry. You know it is. You know that inflicting your own personal beliefs and values on others is wrong. Would you think it fair to be assessed as a person by the rules of some other religion? Are you sinful because you eat meat? ... or because you don't go to synagogue on Saturday? Of course not. Stop hiding your bigotry behind your offensive pandering.

No. You have crosses to bear. That's your choice to follow that religion. Don't ever presume that your choice applies to anyone other than yourself. Don't ever presume that your choice affects someone else's body, someone else's home, someone else's family, or someone else's worship. There is no greater hubris than placing yourself as god over others, as you have. Even according to your own religion you've committed a great sin.
^^This.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM

431 posts, read 474,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
Simply, it is wishful thinking to imagine that the USA was founded on Christian law.
if christians would just **** and practice thier religion in private and not keep trying to inflict it on everybody else they would earn a little respect
religion to have or not to have is a PRIVATE matter .

Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, but it was a start. Don't get me wrong, I do not think there should be or should have ever been laws against people marrying our of the race. Why was that even a law? I will never understand, of course I never understood any of the Jim Crow laws. I have mixed feelings about same sex marriage and of course things like marring your dog is totally stupid. But the polygamy issue isn't something to sweep under the rug. You can pretty well bet, if same sex marriage becomes a law, the polygamy issue will not be far behind.
IMHO. I can't see why its any business of the govt as to how many wives someone has..if he's tough enough to listen to nagging in stereo or quadraphonics,so be it is my take on it.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:33 PM

472 posts, read 570,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
IMHO. I can't see why its any business of the govt as to how many wives someone has..if he's. Tough enough to listen to nagging in stereo or quadraphonics,so be is my take on it.
Haha, that's basically what Mark Twain said in Roughing It, when he's writing about Utah.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 PM

28,094 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
And unfortunately, polygamy has historically often been used as a means to "legitimize" exploitation of children, as we've seen in some LDS communities.
Make that "some fundamentalist Mormon offshoot communities." (Provided your intent is accuracy. )

Old 04-18-2013, 07:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
IMHO. I can't see why its any business of the govt as to how many wives someone has..if he's tough enough to listen to nagging in stereo or quadraphonics,so be it is my take on it.
In many cases, the first wife does not give her consent to such an arrangement. That's one issue.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Next it will be to legalize marriage with your pet dog or cat. Just wait and see.
LifeSiteNews Mobile | ‘Marriage equality’ means legalized polygamy too: Slate columnist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies