Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's a lot of incest.
LOL

I find it hilarious how they won't just come out and acknowledge it.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
You know what they say about the bloodlines of those born from incest. Apparently that bloodline is still around today - go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh.....dude.

That means that Adam and Eve's kids were copulating with each other (and/or with their parents).

Don't you get that?

Just admit it - incest is ok with you but same sex relationships aren't.

Kind of a double standard, don't you think?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:33 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Uh.....dude.

That means that Adam and Eve's kids were copulating with each other.

Don't you get that?

Just admit it - incest is ok with you but same sex relationships aren't.

Kind of a double standard, don't you think?
Heck not just incest but getting back to the OP polygamy also. There are tons of early prophets and patriarchs who had multiple wives and or sex partners.

The Early Mormons and Muslims had a fairly solid scriptural basis going in. In fact, Christianity probably dropped it because it would never have been tolerated by the Pagan Roman women they were trying to convert.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
It's amazing the extent that at least some religious folk will go to explain everything, even if it makes no logical sense, and then call on "god" as the explainer of the rest.

You can believe whatever you want, but keep it to yourself. The non-religious among us here aren't trying to shove anything down the throats of the religious.

The worst use of religion, imo, is as a reason for hate.
I agree

Old 04-18-2013, 09:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
great question fuse. why didn't the big guy just make more animal pairs.

He was "testing" our faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I wanna know why he continues to let children suffer with fatal sickness and for other children, deathly hunger. maybe he means to get to that too but it always comes up on a sunday and that's when he rests.
God works in mysterious ways. And, of course, he's testing our faith. Just trust god...

Duh!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Amazing how uninformed you are. God has had other civilizations living here on this earth.. Maybe if you read the bible you would have found that out.

So you do not believe any intelligence went into creation.. it just all happened. Put a seed in the ground and a tree springs up.. everything here came out of the ground.. quite amazing isn't it.. we came from the ground and we go back into the ground..
Exactly, we came from the ground and will go back to it. But we were not created and there is no proof of a god. God is for those who are insecure with just existing and dying. I do not believe that there was an intelligence behind our existance. We evolved from a common ancestor to the apes, that is why we are a primate. It is you that is uninformed, you rely on your bible for explaining the existance of life here on this planet. I believe in the evidence proven by science.

Quote:
Those are some pretty good questions.

Maybe god had some fields that needed irrigating and that's where the water went afterwards.

The other stuff - I haven't a clue.
From what I understand, god created our earth 6000 years ago, put six days of work into it, when a great flood came he said, Ah, screw it - let little Noah take care of it, and he's been leaning back in his heavenly recliner for the remaining 2,189,994 days since, just chilling and watching this place slowly spin out of control.

Once in a while, he get's upset when we embrace homosexual citizens (or others) and sends a flood, earthquake, or a tornado as a friendly warning that we're not pleasing him.

Got it.

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
My theory is that since many humans are dyslexic that we got the word god bass akwards, turn it around and we get Dog, the one species that has shared its life with us for over 30,000 years, they have been our guides, protectors, servants and fellow travelers through many millenniums. Dog is my passenger.
Well, dogs DO possess the traits you'd really want in a deity. Pure love. Adoration. The ability to forgive and forgive and forgive. Always ready to protect you. Always ready to defend you. Never judgemental. Full of joy.
Works for me!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
From what I understand, god created our earth 6000 years ago, put six days of work into it, when a great flood came he said, Ah, screw it - let little Noah take care of it, and he's been leaning back in his heavenly recliner for the remaining 2,189,994 days since, just chilling and watching this place slowly spin out of control.

Once in a while, he get's upset when we embrace homosexual citizens (or others) and sends a flood, earthquake, or a tornado as a friendly warning that we're not pleasing him.

Got it.
"Friendly?"

Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
"Friendly?"
Sure - he's omnipotent. Just imagine what he COULD do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies