Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,229,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
If this had been a black person in a minority neighborhood, the outcome would have been entirely different. There is no doubt that they would have been shot, the only question is how many times would the cop have reloaded his weapon during the shooting.

What is it with these gun nuts trying this kind of stupid crap in public? Carrying a rifle while walking around in the suburbs is absurd
Did you watch the video? They weren't in the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM

799 posts, read 2,435,460 times
Im sorry, but this guy annoyed me in the first 30 seconds. He is not doing gun rights advocates any favors by being a jerk. You can see in the first 30 seconds that the cop tells him to get his hand away from the gun. The guy shooting video says he is only filming, but soon thereafter moves his hand after being told again. He clearly realized his hand and video camera were relatively close to the gun, and moved it himself.

I get that officers sometimes go too far, but try to understand what they do for a living.

Being confrontational does not make you a patriot.

Check my other posts if you want, Im about as progun as you can be. This guy seems like an idiot.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,946,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You're joking right? TX has feral hogs. Those things are mean!!
True, but unless feral hogs have started attacking in squadrons, a lever action rifle should be sufficient.

I'm pretty pro-gun rights, but this guy isn't doing anyone any favors. Carrying firearms in public outside of the context of hunting understandably makes people very nervous. The officers handled that poorly, but he made the situation worse than it needed to be.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,260,642 times
Quote:
You're joking right? TX has feral hogs. Those things are mean!!
Yeah and they are big and they are aggressive.

But the hogs don't tend to come out during the day and it was the city police that showed up, not the county sheriff. I'm thinking he ventured into the city limits while on that hike.

City folk react different to guns then rural folks..they are not used to seeing normal joe with a gun..only criminals have guns.

When the housing boom brought subdivisions further out the local police were flooded with calls about "gunshots being heard". Well yeah..it was September, dove season. Dawn and dusk is when you hunt doves.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Some "suburbs" at the edge of city/county are acreage subdivisions.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
True, but unless feral hogs have started attacking in squadrons, a lever action rifle should be sufficient.

I'm pretty pro-gun rights, but this guy isn't doing anyone any favors. Carrying firearms in public outside of the context of hunting understandably makes people very nervous. The officers handled that poorly, but he made the situation worse than it needed to be.
Feral hogs don't roam during the day.
Just like you don't see skunks or coyotes during the day and if you did something is wrong with them.

Feral hogs typically come out at dusk and roam during the night.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,623,272 times
Rude display is a texas law and likely the police officer was answering a call from a citizen. That l;aw was passed by a consevative state govenramnt and govenor. I see no point in siting he was a veteran or served i war excpt lie sayig he was black or hispnic in other cases as the law is the law. We are only hearig one side as usual from such source o either isde.he has a right to trail on this misdeamnor.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,906,406 times
Quote:
He was obviously within the city limits or the cop would not have had jurisdiction. Your attempt to portray them as walking through some kind of dangerous, rugged wilderness is ridiculous.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
He was obviously within the city limits or the cop would not have had jurisdiction. Your attempt to portray them as walking through some kind of dangerous, rugged wilderness is ridiculous.
No it's not, it was an honest question. I watched the video and the area did not look that different than south TX hog videos.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Some "suburbs" at the edge of city/county are acreage subdivisions.
Well, I did hear TX has land... So, that would make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies