Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
The thing about Obamacare is that it was designed so that the pain and massive bureaucracy came slowly, while the tax increases (to cover the $1.76 trillion cost of Obamacare) started relatively quickly but will be added to every successive year. In 2013, Flex accounts (that allowed us to pay for anticipated medical costs with pre-tax dollars) will be limited to $2,500. But in 2014 we'll see the real premium explosions as the requirements hit that those with pre-existing conditions can't be denied, that young adult offspring up to age 26 be covered on parents insurance, that mental health care be covered exactly as medical care, and that all insurance policies must cover a vast variety of things that most people don't need but will now have to pay for.

The point is that the disaster that is Obamacare has not even BEGUN to hurt Americans and businesses yet. There was a reason it was so many pages, and that nobody was allowed to read it before it was rushed through. If it were good for the nation, the reviews required by law (which Obama habitually ignores) would have shown that.

The trouble with buyer's remorse is that most of Obama's supporters consider him the Pope of the Liberal Religion, and neither his actions nor their catastrophic results, nor the continuing decline of America and quality of life for the average American, will even be acknowledged.
CAN YOU GIVE ME A LINK.? They weren't allowed or they just didn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm laughing at them. They are a prime example of how you seriously can't fix stupid. They were told and told and told and told. Now they know.
Know what. That you still don't get it?

That there are perfectly intelligent people such as myself that are quite pleased with Obama so far?

Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and fix yourself.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That response makes absolutely no sense.. Its almost like you cant even follow along with a discussion you've entered
I didn't expect you to understand the facts and data.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Can you point out where he said people voted based on income. I looked for it and couldn't find it but I might have missed it and would like to read the entire post.
The common talking point for those with little grasp of voter demographics is that those who work and are successful vote republican. Stats don't back this up. The most government dependent county in the nation actually votes republican.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, so first comes the insult of course

jobs, jobs, jobs does not mean that government will create jobs. Are you really that stupid to believe we thought Romney meant government creating jobs. Of course those of us who don't look to the government from cradle to grave understood.

No wonder you couldn't understand the rest of what he said. he was talking to stupid. And then you wonder why he wanted to spend his campaign money on people who understand how the economy works.
He did talk to people who understood how it works. Which is why we laughed at him and voted for his opponent.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually, all he had to do was make sure it wasnt getting funded, or not enforce it, just like they decided they arent going to enforce some of the marijuana, illegal aliens, and various other laws already on the books.
Let's just go by his own words. He said "If elected, I will repeal Obamacare on day one." He had no clue what a president can and cannot do. Unfortunately millions of Americans believed his words and based their votes on comments like that.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper
I'm laughing at them. They are a prime example of how you seriously can't fix stupid. They were told and told and told and told. Now they know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Know what. That you still don't get it?

That there are perfectly intelligent people such as myself that are quite pleased with Obama so far?

Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and fix yourself.
lol, yea Dale, you do not agree with Obama and crbcrbrgv. You obviously need to fix yourself. May a little kool aide, maybe listen to Obama and go into a hypnotic trance, you must belong to the Obama cult or something is simply wrong with you and you need fixed. lol. <sarcasm>

Old 04-18-2013, 05:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He did talk to people who understood how it works. Which is why we laughed at him and voted for his opponent.
It's as if some people think just because Obama is half black, they think he will not lie to them.

Obama / Biden:
They gonna put ya'll back in chains
I'm pledging to cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office
Adding 4 trillion dollars is irresponsible, it's unpatriotic
Healthcare law negotiations will be on C-span
Shovel ready jobs
It is important to us that this thing (healthcare law) is deficit neutral
Healthcare legislation is absolutely not a tax increase, I absolutely reject that notion.
Middle class Americans will not pay one more dime in taxes

I can make a firm pledge no family making less than $250, will pay more in taxes, not a payroll tax, not any taxes

Vote with your lady parts
When everyone pays their fair share
It was because of the video
Obama campaigned after he knew there had been a terrorist attack.
Transparency and the rule of law will be the touch stone of this presidency
Vote... vote.... vote for revenge
Throw granny over the cliff
My wife died because of Romney
Get your free Obama phone
I can't get a voters ID
If you don't agree with Obama, you're racist
free birth control
free, free, free
Supports offshore drilling in Brazil but backs tough drilling in the U.S.

Democrats:
But we have to pass the bill to see what's in it.
Welfare is a economic stimulus.

Last edited by petch751; 04-18-2013 at 05:40 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's unbelievable that Americans would vote in Bush for another term- It is unbelievable that Obama who is also a non-starter was voted in for a second term. It might be the fact that those who take power lust to hold power at all cost- I just don't think your electoral system is legitimate. The evidence states two things...One that the American electorate are utterly stupid...or two- The electoral system is so complex that it has become a twisted mess that can be manipulated.
This is one time I completely agree with you.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
The common talking point for those with little grasp of voter demographics is that those who work and are successful vote republican. Stats don't back this up. The most government dependent county in the nation actually votes republican.
Fairfax County?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies