Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:47 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
And what should my son do, if a school mate comes onto him? Should he beat the Sh** out of the boy? After all, it is natural for boys to be repulsed by this. I can't say that I would repremand him if he beat up a boy, for this reason at all.
Then you are a horrible, horrible, parent. I feel sorry for both you and your child, advocating violence like that.

He should say, "Sorry, not interested" and move on with his life. Holy crap I can't believe you'd advocate violence against another child like that.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:47 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I see, so schools shouldn't make any effort to encourage tolerance.

In other words, a racist kid should be protected from any attempts to convince him that black people are OK. An anti-Semitic kid mustn't be exposed to the idea that Jews actually did NOT crucify Christ. And so on.
I think tolerance is good. Can you show me where they teach the same about Jews, blacks, Christians - or simply a broad discussion of tolerance? Does that course also include manners in public and instructions on how to not infringe on others because you don't agree? If not, then it appears to be an ideologically driven course. I admit that I haven't researched it, so if it's broad; I may agree with you.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:49 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I think tolerance is good. Can you show me where they teach the same about Jews, blacks, Christians - or simply a broad discussion of tolerance? Does that course also include manners in public and instructions on how to not infringe on others because you don't agree? If not, then it appears to be an ideologically driven course. I admit that I haven't researched it, so if it's broad; I may agree with you.
The high school in my area does this, and they learn about all the different religions and ethnic groups during the coursework. It's a part of Global Studies.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
The o OP piece is quite different from tloerance really. Tolerance is when you accept something you do not really approve of or like.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM

106 posts, read 81,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Yes, and it would be perfectly normal for a girl to beat the SH** out of a heterosexual man who made an unwelcome advance against her too.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?
It has everything to do with the topic. The schools are trying to tell boys and girls that homosexuality is normal and right. They want children to believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I am stating that my child knows that there is something wrong with it, so his natural response will be to beat the crap out of a boy who tries to come onto him.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
And what should my son do, if a school mate comes onto him? Should he beat the Sh** out of the boy? After all, it is natural for boys to be repulsed by this. I would not repremand him if he beat up a boy for trying to come onto him.
Your son should do what anyone would do. Say "no thanks, I like girls"

Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
And what should my son do, if a school mate comes onto him? Should he beat the Sh** out of the boy? After all, it is natural for boys to be repulsed by this. I can't say that I would repremand him if he beat up a boy, for this reason at all.
your son should simply say, if he is straight, no thank you I am not interested. no he should not "beat the sh** out of the boy". no it is not natural for people to be repulsed by homosexuality. it is bigotry that should be repulsed. teaching tolerance of other people is the right way. you should never condone your sone beating the "sh**' out of anyone gay or not!

Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
I am curious if gay rights supporters believe that children in elementary school should be taught that homosexuality is natural and normal. Would you allow your children to attend such schools that teach there is no difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

In the UK, many schools are adopting such a philosophy and the same is true in parts of the Bay area. I take issue with such teachings, because I don't believe children should be taught that same sex unions are natural and normal. The future doesn't look too bright for us.

Homosexual Indoctrination in UK Schools - it's happening now and teachers get paid a bonus for it! - YouTube
Why is that it is always highly unattractive nerdish females who are proponents of the gay thing. You rarely see attractive woman pushing the gay agenda...I guess they don't have too. I will repeat - and repel the fanatic thinking here - Let nature take it's course and leave the damned kids alone. BUT as DARWINIST...this is okay because if a young person is too stupid to figure out that this indoctrination is a lot of social engineering geared to control human beings- and they do not breed---good- cos we don't need more non- thinkers who cuddle up to the mindless herd.

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
If a homosexual male tried to come onto a boy, would it not be normal for him to want to beat the SH** out of the guy who made the sexual advance? Get real. It would be completely natural and normal. It's dangerous for the schools to try to repress the natural feelings of disgust towards homosexuality.
That's simply wrong. There is no excuse for that at all. I'm a guy that grew up and had more than my share of fights. I've had another guy make an advance toward me on a few occasions and never considered that as a valid reason for violence. That's not my preference so I wasn't interested, but why would I be pushed to violence because someone expressed a fondness for me?

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
It's dangerous for the schools to try to repress the natural feelings of disgust towards homosexuality.
Yeah, it's much better if they try to encourage it instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies