Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,912,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don't hold your breath.

I will be very surprised if Obama deems a tragedy in Texas - where up to 35 people have been killed, half a town destroyed, and over 200 people injured, to be worth a trip on AF1.

If he does, I'll come back on this thread and eat crow.
I just hope when he does, he's safe and secure - way too many birther nutjobs in that state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 10:05 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I just hope when he does, he's safe and secure - way too many birther nutjobs in that state.
Please. We're the ones who are being hurt by HIS policies. You've got that backwards.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 PM

15,442 posts, read 21,268,037 times
Quote:
I'll repeat myself.

The US industrial accident/injury/illness rate is 3.5 per 100 workers.

The Texas rate is 2.7 per 100 workers - LOWER THAN THE NATIONAL RATE. And it has been lower than the national rate for at least ten years.

Nonfatal Occupational Injury and Illness Data, and Information

The truth hurts those who try to avoid it.
Thanks for that. I just didn't feel like further diverting the thread by arguing with a fence post.

BTW, my brother and his partner luckily moved their multi-million dollar furniture manufacturing business out of California before the start of the State's recent massive migrations of business.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Please. We're the ones who are being hurt by HIS policies. You've got that backwards.
Yes we should go back to the good old Dubya days when the nation was losing 700k jobs per month and had put two wars on a credit card. Ofcourse Jesus talked to Dubya and Dubya was white so all was well with Texas.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Right - and we pay in more than we take out. So - no guilt.
No guilt? You mean like how Texas uses federal funds to balance the budget?

Or maybe this is another one of Slick Perry's move to use federal funds for disaster relief and keep the state coffers untouched and "balanced"? I mean really with all the profits that Texas is raking in and considering the massive size of the state, can't it handle on disaster (which, while terrible, is no Katrina or Sandy) ?

Old 04-18-2013, 10:22 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,988,005 times
Texas is asking for localized federal disaster assistance for a catastrophic accident, you're trying to equate that to a bunch of NE leeches who wanted the rest of the US to rebuild their uninsured beach houses that got washed away during a storm.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Thanks for that. I just didn't feel like further diverting the thread by arguing with a fence post.

BTW, my brother and his partner luckily moved their multi-million dollar furniture manufacturing business out of California before the start of the State's recent massive migrations of business.
Smart guy.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
No guilt? You mean like how Texas uses federal funds to balance the budget?

Or maybe this is another one of Slick Perry's move to use federal funds for disaster relief and keep the state coffers untouched and "balanced"? I mean really with all the profits that Texas is raking in and considering the massive size of the state, can't it handle on disaster (which, while terrible, is no Katrina or Sandy) ?
Nor will Perry be asking for any assistance of the same scope. Please.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Yes we should go back to the good old Dubya days when the nation was losing 700k jobs per month and had put two wars on a credit card. Ofcourse Jesus talked to Dubya and Dubya was white so all was well with Texas.
Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?

But please - keep typing. You're self destructing as we watch.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 PM

89 posts, read 135,399 times
I was about 3 miles away from the fireworks plant that blew up in Las Vegas many years ago. My teeth hurt for a week. I was truely impressed.
These people were a lot closer.....

About the politics. When I was a kid the neighbor boys would come to the farm to try to get work. They were lazy and never wanted to do the hard work. One day one of the boys asked for more pay. My father told him he would pay him more to clean the stables. double the pay. The boys refused and went back to fencing. About 5 years later one of the boys came back wanting work and got in an argument with my father about the pay. My father again told him he could clean the stables. Still he refused. The last day he worked for us he acused my father of being a rich rancher and not caring about the poor people. My father said, what are you talking about. I offered you the best paying job and you refused. How do you think I bought the farm? I cleaned the stables. It paid double.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies