Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:53 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Next Obama will be working behind the scenes to get the radicals to stand up for him to expand the term limits for president.. or in Obama's case , standing up for his dream of becoming dictator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No, lunatics and deranged individuals are doing the killing. Maybe if libs would stop destroying our society...

No, thugs are killing Americans of all ages on the streets. Sometimes, they are killing other thugs. Maybe if parents would do a better job rearing their children and quit blaming republicans for all their woes...

Obama will do nothing to solve the problem. Explain how background checks are going to prevent kids (who can't even buy a gun legally anyhow ) from getting guns???

What exactly are these inept politicians going to do to stop gun sales on the black market? Seems they have been doing a great job of handing guns out to Mexican drug lords so they can kill our boarder patrol agents. Yea, Obama and co. has been working wonders on this issue...

Frankly, I think we do need background checks. It's idiotic to assume it's going to put a dent in the issue, given we are the heaviest armed populous in the world.
I say "guns are killing America's children."
You say "lunatics and deranged individuals are killing America's children."

On December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza shot 20 children with a Bushmaster .223 semiautomatic rifle, at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Could you please explain how a Bushmaster .223 semiautomatic rifle, did not kill those 20 children ??

And does your logic (only) apply to guns ??

I say that during World War II, a atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima killed 90,000 Japanese people.

I say a atomic bomb killed those people.
Do you believe a atomic bomb did not kill those people ??

And how can a fool like yourself (who knows nothing about life in poor black neighborhoods), talk about thugs ??

How can you speech about an issue you know nothing about ??

(I don't have time to respond to the rest of your unknowledgeable post.)

Old 04-18-2013, 05:35 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

On December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza shot 20 children with a Bushmaster .223 semiautomatic rifle, at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Could you please explain how a Bushmaster .223 semiautomatic rifle, did not kill those 20 children ??

Because guns don't fire themselves. Someone must aim it and pull the trigger. Guns are inanimate objects.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:37 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
You also said "Recent polls have 47 percent wanting stricter gun laws, not 60 percent."

But in reality 90% of Americans, believe that we should make it harder for a criminal, or somebody with a severe mental illness to buy a gun.
(90% of Americans want more gun control.)

90 percent of Americans want expanded background checks on guns. Why isn’t this a political slam dunk?

90 percent of Americans favor background checks: The NRA is able to stop popular gun control laws by stoking fears of a national gun registry. - Slate Magazine

The following links show the 60% polls (this 60% wants stronger gun control than the 90% above.)

Morning Joe poll: 60 percent of Americans want stricter gun laws - First Read
Poll: Most Americans want stricter gun laws
Those polls of 100 urban liberals have been discredited completely repeatedly on this forum. I think the poll I linked to speaks for itself. A larger polling sample, and very clear results against gun control.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
No, lunatics and deranged individuals are doing the killing. Maybe if libs would stop destroying our society...

No, thugs are killing Americans of all ages on the streets. Sometimes, they are killing other thugs. Maybe if parents would do a better job rearing their children and quit blaming republicans for all their woes...

Obama will do nothing to solve the problem. Explain how background checks are going to prevent kids (who can't even buy a gun legally anyhow ) from getting guns???

What exactly are these inept politicians going to do to stop gun sales on the black market? Seems they have been doing a great job of handing guns out to Mexican drug lords so they can kill our boarder patrol agents. Yea, Obama and co. has been working wonders on this issue...

Frankly, I think we do need background checks. It's idiotic to assume it's going to put a dent in the issue, given we are the heaviest armed populous in the world.

Liberals are destroying our society ??

Reagan created huge deficits and grew our national debt (with supply side tax cuts for the rich.)
Clinton raised rich peoples taxes and created surpluses (Clinton paid down Americas national debt.)
GW Bush lowered rich peoples taxes, attacked Iraq for nothing, (and exploded our national debt.)
Obama is bringing down our national debt.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

How are democrats ruining Americas finances ??

Republican supply side tax cuts have no spending regulations, and large corporations have used Reagans and GW Bushs tax cuts to build US factories in China.

Republicans are against raising min wage.

Republicans are against the government stopping home foreclosures for regular Americans.

You said liberals are destroying American society.
How are liberals destroying American society ??

Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:

And does your logic (only) apply to guns ??

I say that during World War II, a atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima killed 90,000 Japanese people.

I say a atomic bomb killed those people.
Do you believe a atomic bomb did not kill those people ??

And how can a fool like yourself (who knows nothing about life in poor black neighborhoods), talk about thugs ??

How can you speech about an issue you know nothing about ??

(I don't have time to respond to the rest of your unknowledgeable post.)
How did Brian Terry get killed? Obama covered that one up with executive privilege order.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Liberals are destroying our society ??

Reagan created huge deficits and grew our national debt (with supply side tax cuts for the rich.)
Clinton raised rich peoples taxes and created surpluses (Clinton paid down Americas national debt.)
GW Bush lowered rich peoples taxes, attacked Iraq for nothing, and exploded our national debt.
Obama is bring down our national debt.

http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

How are democrats ruining Americas finances ??

Republican supply side tax cuts have no spending regulations, and large corporations have used Reagans and GW Bushs tax cuts to build US factories in China.

Republicans are also against raising min wage.

Republicans are against the government stopping home foreclosures for regular Americans.

You said liberals are destroying American society.
How are liberals destroying American society ??
Obama is buying up toxic assets by 60 billion a month indefinitely. The housing crisis looms as the democrats Idea of selling a home to the poor in America.. Millions jumped on the band wagon to get a home..like food stamps, they got a house for free and never made the first payment. They just signed the dotted line.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,297 times
Quote:

Maybe this bill would not have saved everyone from gun violence but at least Obama and others, including conservative republicans, are trying to do something.
What are you trying to do? Nothing, that's what.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Considering 86% of Americans support expanded background checks, yeah, the midterms will be really bad for Democrats.
You are making a big assumption that all the liberals in the Senate and House would support Obama becoming a dictator and eliminating the entire Congress.

They spend more time with each other than they do with him - and at least some of even the liberals probably believe the Congress should have some role to play.

We have a balance of powers for a reason.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Those polls of 100 urban liberals have been discredited completely repeatedly on this forum. I think the poll I linked to speaks for itself. A larger polling sample, and very clear results against gun control.
Would you please show me a source for your above statements (or explain them), I don't like believing in things that are not true.

Can you show me a source or explain your above statements?
Or did you just make all that stuff up ?

Last edited by chad3; 04-18-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies