Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,959,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ummmmm................... healthcare prices will "necessarily skyrocket".

Obama's "signature legislation" is a disaster. Couple that with the "stimulus" and we have two of the most inept, destructive pieces of legislation initiated in modern times.

You obviously did not understand your own linked article. Indeed, so far none of you have read it, or, if read, understood.

The article points out a clear conflict. Even if one does not agree with the conflict described, I want to see if any of you can point it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,918,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You obviously did not understand your own linked article. Indeed, so far none of you have read it, or, if read, understood.

The article points out a clear conflict. Even if one does not agree with the conflict described, I want to see if any of you can point it out.
So rather than discuss the fact that Obama didnt fix healthcare, because costs will increase, you want to discuss a "conflict"..

I'd suggest starting a new thread.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,442,511 times
Maybe I'll go down to HHS and apply for a job as one of those "Navigators"...you know, the ones who will show people how to fill out the 65 page application...then, maybe I can move up to be on one of the "death panels"...Sounds like a good job...after 20 years, retire on a good Gubmint pension....

Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,959,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So rather than discuss the fact that Obama didnt fix healthcare, because costs will increase, you want to discuss a "conflict"..

I'd suggest starting a new thread.

Well, I must be off to work. It is clear that you, and the others, did not read beyond the headline.

You see, a person must learn to read articles and digest what the article is actually saying. Headlines mean nothing (usually created by the editor). It is the substance of the article. In this case, the article points out a clear conflict: clear, that is, if you actually read it and think.

Indeed, I would think that those who have nothing but time on their hands, and spend literally all day on this forum, could take a few minutes to read the link.

I shall check in at lunch.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,558,917 times
Quote:
As expected, Obamacare is positioned to not only be far more expensive than anticipated, but will result in medical mayhem for those who previously had good insurance coverage.

Why is it that everything liberals touch turns to crap? It is like an inverse Midas.

Health Actuaries: Obamacare Rates Will Soar - Healthy Living - Everyday Health

You utterly missed the point of the article, didn't you. Did you by any chance score rather poorly on the critical reading section of the SAT?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM

24,366 posts, read 22,942,921 times
Our local hospital is laying off over 200 people. Nothing was broken until Obama " fixed" it.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:28 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,918,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Healthcare prices to soar, and it provided links to backup their belief..

Tell me what part of that was unclear?
Please tell me the cost of any service that has not gone up?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,918,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Our local hospital is laying off over 200 people. Nothing was broken until Obama " fixed" it.
and this is due to"Obamacare"? link

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM

8,587 posts, read 9,076,524 times
Quote:
As expected, Obamacare is positioned to not only be far more expensive than anticipated, but will result in medical mayhem for those who previously had good insurance coverage.

Why is it that everything liberals touch turns to crap? It is like an inverse Midas.

Health Actuaries: Obamacare Rates Will Soar - Healthy Living - Everyday Health
Because its a republican plan. Force people to purchase for-profit insurance. Ask Romney if you don't believe me. Another words don't just blame one pathetic party, they are both equally horrible.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,918,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, I must be off to work. It is clear that you, and the others, did not read beyond the headline.

You see, a person must learn to read articles and digest what the article is actually saying. Headlines mean nothing (usually created by the editor). It is the substance of the article. In this case, the article points out a clear conflict: clear, that is, if you actually read it and think.

Indeed, I would think that those who have nothing but time on their hands, and spend literally all day on this forum, could take a few minutes to read the link.

I shall check in at lunch.
I not only read the article, but also some of the various links provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies