Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
31.000 Bosnian Muslim civilians were killed by Catholic and Orthodox militias. By far the highest civilian body count of the war by any group. And that number is conservative.

The Orthodox militias killed 2000 alone at Srebrenica. That's civilians.

Not much of a genocide? How many people can i massacre in your town before you call it a genocide? 2?
Compared to other genocides this was a pathetic one.

We were told hundreds of thousands were buried in mass graves. A lie.
We were told the Balkans were in our national interest. A lie.
We were told that the war would spill into the rest of Europe. A lie.
Then President Clinton said we would be in Bosnia for one year. Nine years later then President Bush got us out.
Then President Clinton bombed Kosovo after Congress clearly told him not to. That's what he should have been impeached for. If Democrats had any morals at all he woulda been.

Clinton was the biggest war monger in U.S. history. He lied about the dozens of overseas excursions we went on. Democrats give him a pass. Democrats aren't anti-war like they say. They love war when it's them starting it. Only reason they were mad about Iraq is because Republicans picked which companies would make money off it. So Dems all of a sudden became anti-war? lols. What a bunch of frauds.

Clinton Lied. People Died.

And Democrats worship him.

How many civilians died when we blew up a medicine plant in Sudan? When we illegally bombed Kosovo? When we drone Yemen and Pakistan? But your all upset about about a few thousand in the Balkans? Yawn.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,407,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanbrain View Post
You've been told just on side of the story, which is formed your opinion.

Genocide :: against Serbs in Bosnia

BTW, Bosnian muslims were connected to Al-Qaeda. Why did we need to give them our support?
You are so misguided. Your link is a blog, not credible.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
31.000 Bosnian Muslim civilians were killed by Catholic and Orthodox militias. By far the highest civilian body count of the war by any group. And that number is conservative.

Not much of a genocide? How many people can i massacre in your town before you call it a genocide? 2?
Well maybe we should pinpoint the fact that the expression "ethnic cleansing" was coined to describe the type of genocide/atrocities Slobodan was executing throughout the region. I find that people who adamantly try to claim that wet is dry and night is day have little use for facts, though. It's almost amusing that even now there are those who would try to convince anyone that the Serbs were not the aggressors.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,245 times
Quote:

Why do Democrats justify war in the Balkans over a few thousand deaths, but Iraq was unjustified even though many more thousands died there? And at least in Iraq there is oil. We have an interest there because of that. (I'm not justifying the Iraq War, just pointed out the "logic" of the left).

And if a few thousand deaths in the Balkans is enough to bomb countries indiscrminately then why aren't a million or so deaths in Rwanda worth a bullet or two?

Democrats are dumb as turnips. They just do as MSNBC tells them.

Four legs good. Two legs bad.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 AM

160 posts, read 126,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You are so misguided. Your link is a blog, not credible.

Sure! Our MSM is the best guide!!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:58 AM

160 posts, read 126,804 times
Quote:
Well maybe we should pinpoint the fact that the expression "ethnic cleansing" was coined to describe the type of genocide/atrocities Slobodan was executing throughout the region. I find that people who adamantly try to claim that wet is dry and night is day have little use for facts, though. It's almost amusing that even now there are those who would try to convince anyone that the Serbs were not the aggressors.

Ethnic cleansing is what actually happened with Serbs in Kosovo. On their own land. Never put a stranger into your home.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,819,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
No, because there are no Serbs in Chechnya which is next to the Republic of Georgia. You're thinking of Kosovo which was formerly part of Yugoslavia not part of Russia. Seriously, pick up a world atlas sometime because you're not looking good right here.
LOL I don't really care whether or not I "look good right here." I don't have much ego tied up in this forum if you want to know the truth. I get my self confidence and self worth from other sources.

Anyway, I doubt very seriously if many people on this forum know where these various countries are without consulting a world atlas - which I probably should have done before starting the thread but a lot was going on on the news at the time and I was bouncing around between about 7 different websites.

I DID make it pretty clear in the original post that I wasn't sure of my information. Which is more than most people on this forum do!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Sure! Our MSM is the best guide!!
There is no we between you and me, so please realize there is no "our". Based on your strange grasp of English I doubt you are an American.

Quote:
Ethnic cleansing is what actually happened with Serbs in Kosovo. On their own land. Never put a stranger into your home.
I'm supposed to believe your abundantly subjective rants over what I saw with my own eyes?

Yes, those poor Serbs....two tears in a bucket.

Quote:
The term itself appears to have been popularised by the international media approximately early in 1992, following the discovery of Bosnian-Serb Concentration camps established in April 1992, and the subsequent assault on Sarajevo.
Ethnic cleansing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bye bye

Old 04-20-2013, 12:13 PM

588 posts, read 946,806 times
We usually support the wrong side ie Egypt, Libya, probably Syria.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:31 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
I agree. And the Serbs AND the Croatians were the aggressors. I will not let the Catholic militias off the hook. Sure, the Serbs kicked it off, but the Croats made damn sure that they wouldn't be outdone...or at least they tried to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Compared to other genocides this was a pathetic one.

How many civilians died when we blew up a medicine plant in Sudan? When we illegally bombed Kosovo? When we drone Yemen and Pakistan? But your all upset about about a few thousand in the Balkans? Yawn.
A "few thousand" in the Balkans? Nice.

Try a death toll of between 150 and 200 thousand people.

What is a "pathetic genocide?" 30k people murdered for nothing more than being the wrong religion is a "pathetic genocide" simply because you'd like the numbers to be much higher to qualify it as something worthy of us interfering in?

I also notice the nations that you brought up...Sudan, Kosovo, Yemen....interesting. Why didn't you bring up the amount of dead civilians in our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Why do Democrats justify war in the Balkans over a few thousand deaths, but Iraq was unjustified even though many more thousands died there? And at least in Iraq there is oil. We have an interest there because of that. (I'm not justifying the Iraq War, just pointed out the "logic" of the left).

And if a few thousand deaths in the Balkans is enough to bomb countries indiscrminately then why aren't a million or so deaths in Rwanda worth a bullet or two?

Democrats are dumb as turnips. They just do as MSNBC tells them.

Four legs good. Two legs bad.
Bullsh*t...you are justifying the war and you're justifying it based on their oil supply. You're just too cowardly to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.