Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 11:52 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
You know very well that an overwhelming number of heterosexual men will not respond kindly to a gay man's advances. Why don't you try your luck with one. See if you are greeted with, no thanks, have a great day!

My children are raised to respect their family, teachers and wider community. You have shown that you do not have any respect, how dare you criticize me for my beliefs and how I choose to raise my children! In your world my children should be raised to love homosexuals but not in my world. So just move on. You are messing with the wrong person.

a child brought up with values to induce violence upon a person who engaged in a mild flirtation towards them is hateful. most hateful people, young and old are too ugly to get hit on. no worries.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
You are the only troll, if you believe that a boy who comes onto another boy, shouldn't be put in check. What part don't you understand. My son is a boy, but he is being raised to one day become a man. In your world, if a boy comes onto my son, my son should just smile and say no thanks, but it doesn't work like that.
Yes, actually it does, because if your son hits another guy for flirting with him, he will go to jail for assault.

Quote:
If a boy is aggressive with him, he will respond in kind! That will teach the boy not to go around making passes at other boys, who are not homosexuals.
I hope your son enjoys having a prison record.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
My son does not walk around picking on anyone. He is a model student and an excellent athlete. Some people are trying to twist my words, but I was referring to a gay male coming onto my son. YES he will defend himself, if you don't like my comments, just ignore them and move on!!
Set aside bail money. The last guy charged with a hate crime near me had his bail set at $100K.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM

106 posts, read 81,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
More stable families, promotion of monogamy, economic benefits, etc. for starters.

Aside from those, there doesn't need to be a benefit. The Constitution requires equality.
Are you really suggesting that gays promote monogamy? Based on the reports, most homosexuals are not monogamous, even when "married."

Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I didn't know this was going on today .
You made reference to past oppression of blacks like separate bathrooms. Therefore past oppression of gays was an appropriate response.

Quote:
But this entire 'equal rights' "treated like everyone else" mantra with the use of politically charged language is just ridculous.
But the issue today is an issue of equal rights under the Constitution. You may not view as severe as segregation, but that doesn't make it any less an issue of equality.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM

596 posts, read 729,827 times
Quote:
You know very well that an overwhelming number of heterosexual men will not respond kindly to a gay man's advances. Why don't you try your luck with one. See if you are greeted with, no thanks, have a great day!

My children are raised to respect their family, teachers and wider community. You have shown that you do not have any respect, how dare you criticize me for my beliefs and how I choose to raise my children! In your world my children should be raised to love homosexuals but not in my world. So just move on. You are messing with the wrong person.

Considering I am a straight woman and not a gay man, your suggestion to "try my luck with one" doesn't make any sense. You are a hate-filled, disturbed person. Your ignorance is astounding, and it is pathetic that you are teaching your son that violence is acceptable in a non-violent situation. I never said your children had to "love homosexuals." You don't have to love a person to refrain from beating the crap out of them. As far as "messing with the wrong person," get over yourself! You post your pathetic ignorance on a public forum, you're going to get called out on it! Get over it, or don't post on a public forum.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM

596 posts, read 729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Set aside bail money. The last guy charged with a hate crime near me had his bail set at $100K.
Let her find out the hard way.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Are you really suggesting that gays promote monogamy? Based on the reports, most homosexuals are not monogamous, even when "married."
And I'm sure the reports you're reading are from anti-gay hate groups like FRC. Do you realize in countries where same-sex marriage has been legal for at least a decade, the gay divorce rate is ridiculously lower than the straight divorce rate?

I work with lots of gay people. 2 of the gay guys I work with in their 40s have been in long term monogamous relationships. One has been with his partner for 22 years. The other for 20 years. Meanwhile the straight people I work with all cheat on their spouses on a regular basis.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You made reference to past oppression of blacks like separate bathrooms. Therefore past oppression of gays was an appropriate response.

But the issue today is an issue of equal rights under the Constitution. You may not view as severe as segregation, but that doesn't make it any less an issue of equality.
Your point was irrelevent. The Civil Rights movements of the 1960s was fought in conjuction of the references that I made earlier. When blacks fought for civil rights, there were "white only" water fountains, bathrooms and bus seats.

What you're refering to is not relevent to what is occuring with gays in the day and age. If gays are being 'oppressed' via incarceration, lobotomy, and/or 'ice picks through the eyes(your references, not mine)--then I said before--you have my sympathy and I will back your plight.

As far as I can tell--this is not an 'equal rights', 'civil rights' matter,

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Your point was irrelevent. The Civil Rights movements of the 1960s was fought in conjuction of the references that I made earlier. When blacks fought for civil rights, there were "white only" water fountains, bathrooms and bus seats.

What you're refering to is not relevent to what is occuring with gays in the day and age. If gays are being 'oppressed' via incarceration, lobotomy, and/or 'ice picks through the eyes(your references, not mine)--then I said before--you have my sympathy and I will back your plight.

As far as I can tell--this is not an 'equal rights', 'civil rights' matter,
And the gay rights movement started because all of that was happening. The lobotomies, forced torture in mental institutions, police raids on gay businesses, witch hunts of gay people, imprisonment, etc. all lead to the gay rights movement in the 50s and 60s.

How is it not equal rights? Gays can be fired or denied housing in most states just for being gay. Gays are denied Constitutional rights afforded to heterosexuals solely due to their sex/orientation. Gays are still heavily discriminated against. Just because ice pick lobotomies aren't legal anymore doesn't make it any less a civil rights matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.