Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You mean the people who still haven't gotten over the 2008 election, much less the 2012 one?
Is there any particular reason that you don't believe that Obama is a lame duck?

Is there any particular reason that, after the Democratic-majority Senate dealt Obama a major body blow over gun control, that you feel he's anything other than a lame duck?

Do you understand the bicameral system at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Actually about 52% of the country is into Obama. Ask Romney.
I didnt realize 52% of the country voted for Obama..
Quote:
I read an article about how he tries to make sure he spends time with his daughters each night. What a monster.
Is that what we use to determine who to vote for nowadays?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
I read an article about how he tries to make sure he spends time with his daughters each night. What a monster.
Big deal...we are all family men...He's not the first human being on the planet to have daughters...Does he get a gold star for this? I wonder if he has gotten someone to install an exhaust fan so he can smoke inside. Most days I am sure he looks at the clock and closes up shop like an ordinary guy - and goes home...or off into his private apartment. Obama is not Jesus and I doubt if he finishes his days work that he kneels in prayer till the sun comes up...He is enjoying himself....."Michelle be a darling and get me another beer"

Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is there any particular reason that you don't believe that Obama is a lame duck?

Is there any particular reason that, after the Democratic-majority Senate dealt Obama a major body blow over gun control, that you feel he's anything other than a lame duck?

Do you understand the bicameral system at all?
What are you proud of that? That your leader is a lame duck president with over 3 years left in his term? And it's because House Republicans and a handful of DINOS from redneck states obstruct him at every turn. Like this is good for the nation.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I can't resist passing this on. Worth a look.
America's Just Not That Into Obama - Jonah Goldberg - Page 1

Well, at least part of America is not into Obama, oh, around 48% who didn't vote for him.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
What are you proud of that? That your leader is a lame duck president with over 3 years left in his term? And it's because House Republicans and a handful of DINOS from redneck states obstruct him at every turn. Like this is good for the nation.
Yes, they seem to think the presidency is a football match, where of course it doesn't matter who wins as there are no consequences...

Plus, isn't any president a lame duck once reelected?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Romney voters are still crying?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, they seem to think the presidency is a football match, where of course it doesn't matter who wins as there are no consequences...

Plus, isn't any president a lame duck once reelected?
Yes it is one big game. Consequences and the lack of results don't matter.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Yes, actually I am. I am delighted that America is comfortable with divided government. In fact, it's more troubling to me that you'd actually prefer there NOT be any checks and balances. Otherwise you wouldn't be cackling about the President being obstructed.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes it is one big game. Consequences and the lack of results don't matter.
Elections have consequences. The consequences of the past two are that Democrats don't get free reign to institute their ideology. The people spoke. America wins. I guess in their mind that means Obama loses.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies