Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
Texas fertilizer company didn't heed disclosure rules before blast | Reuters

This is what you have in Texas...no zoning regulations, companies that can and do fly under the radar, avoiding and ignoring those pesky federal regulations.
But then you have a 'legislator' like Cruz (who wanted to deny Sandy storm survivors of any help and relief! who wanted to secede!) demanding every available federal dollar for emergency relief.
I have the feeling if Texas and any of it's sisteridiotstates ever DO secede, they'll become the biggest sponges of foreign aid the real US ever had.
Please show me the quote where SENATOR CRUZ said he favored Texas seccession? Show me the documentation to backup your claims that the state of Texas has no zoning regulations and avoids federal regulations. It's easy to make a statement, much more difficult to back it up with facts. Those of us that see a rant for what it is will be happy to wait for you to produce it all... Happy Hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
I'm not holding my breath.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not holding my breath.
Give it a try anyway...

This forum is...just good for a laugh. I don't post here much because of the total lack of informative common sense rational discussions. It's the rabid Tea Party version of an online sensationalist tabloid forum. Everything on this part of the internet is true!
It's pretty sad because CD has a lot of decent forums, but this one went down the toilet a long time ago.

Where do I get my info? Well, for one, Reuters is a respected international news source which has been around since the mid 1800's. They have real reporters there. I don't have to bother asking where you get your info. Rupert Murdoch owns most of the brains around here.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Give it a try anyway...

This forum is...just good for a laugh. I don't post here much because of the total lack of informative common sense rational discussions. It's the rabid Tea Party version of an online sensationalist tabloid forum. Everything on this part of the internet is true!
It's pretty sad because CD has a lot of decent forums, but this one went down the toilet a long time ago.

Where do I get my info? Well, for one, Reuters is a respected international news source which has been around since the mid 1800's. They have real reporters there. I don't have to bother asking where you get your info. Rupert Murdoch owns most of the brains around here.
You still haven't given any sources for these claims you made (bolded):

Quote:
This is what you have in Texas...no zoning regulations, companies that can and do fly under the radar, avoiding and ignoring those pesky federal regulations.
But then you have a 'legislator' like Cruz (who wanted to deny Sandy storm survivors of any help and relief! who wanted to secede!) demanding every available federal dollar for emergency relief.
We're waiting.

By the way, you're good for a laugh yourself.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,401 times
Quote:
Give it a try anyway...

I am so looking forward to all the links you have to backup and justify your statements... Knowing how "Credible" someone so superior as yourself is..

Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am so looking forward to all the links you have to backup and justify your statements... Knowing how "Credible" someone so superior as yourself is..
Great minds think alike.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:03 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
I know a great many of those in West mainly due to my friendship with EMS personel there.
Just, finally, heard back from one of them a little over an hour ago.
Thankfully he is alright, physically at least.

I've met at least 25% of the population there, mostly at events and gatherings at the EMS Station (right across the street from the Nursing Home you've seen in the news).

The have lost 4 of their people, the Station, and two ambulances.
That's only part of the losses there.

To see this being argued politically at this time is in bad taste.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Here's my question to Conservatives: At what point do you start giving a damn about other people?

12 Texans died in that explosion. These aren't NE or West Coast Liberals that you probably wouldn't give two squats about. These are 12 dead people that in all likelihood you identify with on multiple levels. These are 12 people that you'd probably identify as good, real Americans. 12 people that you'd probably go to church with, see at a gun show, or engaging in the same past times that you enjoy. And yet not a peep about what could have been done to save those 12 dead people.

Why is that Conservatives would willingly sacrifice their friends, families, and neighbors just to maintain their hardline stance against gov't and/or their one-sided love of corporate laziness?
Lax regulations, relaxed regulation, so that large corporations and companies can worry more about their profits than the safety and well being of their workers. In the years past since Obama has been president, the GOP has sought to dismantle the EPA and render that agency ineffective, through bills passed in the republican controlled house.

During the presidential campaign, who ever might have watched them, we could see which agencies the republican party wanted to take apart, they want to deregulate corporate America for the sake of profit.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
I would not send one dime of tax payers money to Texas. This is the district of a representative who voted against aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy and Senator Cruz...who made a big deal about voting against any aid for the victims in the North East. They also voted against the measure to reduce gun violence and to begin to get a handle on criminals and violently mentally ill and members of foreign terror groups buying guns on line.

This region of Texas has no regard for the safety or well being of the rest of America....as far as I am concern it would be a cold day in Hades before the government sends aid......for a disaster that should have been preventable with government regulations and strict enforcement.

You think Government is the problem?....well get yourselves out of this one.

I will feel the same about the next hurricane or drought in Texas......don't look to us.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I would not send one dime of tax payers money to Texas. This is the district of a representative who voted against aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy and Senator Cruz...who made a big deal about voting against any aid for the victims in the North East. They also voted against the measure to reduce gun violence and to begin to get a handle on criminals and violently mentally ill and members of foreign terror groups buying guns on line.

This region of Texas has no regard for the safety or well being of the rest of America....as far as I am concern it would be a cold day in Hades before the government sends aid......for a disaster that should have been preventable with government regulations and strict enforcement.

You think Government is the problem?....well get yourselves out of this one.

I will feel the same about the next hurricane or drought in Texas......don't look to us.
President Obama approved disaster aid for both TX and MA.
The aid money is going to the people, not the Congressmen you despise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies