Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The acceptance of homosexuality in society will change nothing..It is in the spirit that goes against that which is natural that makes them unhappy.. the consequence of sin against God.. it has NOTHING to do with acceptance of society. It is quite clear that they will as God described a recompense in themselves for their behavior..

The acceptance in society is not going to change what they feel in themselves.. it is brought on by their lifestyle.
It absolutely will change a lot. Acceptance of homosexuality will greatly help gay youth. It will increase their high school graduation rates (openly gay students have a higher dropout rate than average), decrease their homelessness rates (half of homeless teens are gay), decrease their suicide rates, decrease their turning towards drug and alcohol addiction, etc. Coupled with legalized gay marriage, these factors will cause the next generations of gay people to have much happier lives out in the open in which they are forming meaningful, long-term relationships. It will also drastically reduce HIV infection rates in the gay community.

Your hate will lose out, and it will be a great thing.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Maybe if people were more accepting of who others are they wouldn't have turned to drugs.

What sin? Sin according to whom? Your invisible sky daddy? Keep your fairy tales to yourself. Not everyone is going to subscribe to your religious dogma and you have no right to try and make others feel ashamed of who they are.
All those who support the gay lifestyle do not love the gays.. if they do, they support their unhappiness, another generation of more hiv which is a chore to keep healthy through antiretrovirals and protease inihibitiors. It is not what I call loving people and supporting this lifestyle over a sexual decision to become gay.

Too many gays have died, too many are unhappy , the flesh does not bring happiness. I don't mistreat gay people . I actually love them more than one can imagine.. It isn't a easy thing to point to God and say repent. I know the truth. I want to pass it on to many people.

Take a parent who lets their child do anything with no restrictions.. is that loving a child more? They play in the street so what... they want to play with matches , ok.. I love them and they want to do what they want to do.. I don't want them to hate me if I take away their toys for being reckless.

And also who they are is not homosexual.. an act someone performs does not and should not be their whole being.. that is what is so reprehensible about it.. they define themselves with a sex act.

That is why locks them in to a whole lifestyles of "GAY"...and they are proud too.. the march up and down in a hedonistic fashion that they should be ashamed.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:05 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,025,943 times
OK, question. Why do you believe that the Bible is the word of God? Clearly you don't believe that ALL of it is, otherwise you'd believe you were damned to hell because of you-know-what passage. So do you believe other parts of the Bible ARE literally true? How do you distinguish the wheat from the chaff?

Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
All those who support the gay lifestyle do not love the gays.. if they do, they support their unhappiness, another generation of more hiv which is a chore to keep healthy through antiretrovirals and protease inihibitiors. It is not what I call loving people and supporting this lifestyle over a sexual decision to become gay.

Too many gays have died, too many are unhappy , the flesh does not bring happiness. I don't mistreat gay people . I actually love them more than one can imagine.. It isn't a easy thing to point to God and say repent. I know the truth. I want to pass it on to many people.

Take a parent who lets their child do anything with no restrictions.. is that loving a child more? They play in the street so what... they want to play with matches , ok.. I love them and they want to do what they want to do.. I don't want them to hate me if I take away their toys for being reckless.

And also who they are is not homosexual.. an act someone performs does not and should not be their whole being.. that is what is so reprehensible about it.. they define themselves with a sex act.

That is why locks them in to a whole lifestyles of "GAY"...and they are proud too.. the march up and down in a hedonistic fashion that they should be ashamed.
So no straight people ever get HIV?

I have a number of gay friends and they are all very happy. They don't have to hide in the closet though. One is a fashion designer living in Philly and totally fits the gay stereotype, except he is black and a virgin. Another is a lesbian raising a kid in a house with her partner. And another is going to school in Denver and did not come out of the closet until after HS. He just got beat up about 2 months ago because he is gay. The recruiter that helped me get my job is gay and you would never know it. Nevertheless, they are all incredibly happy and successful people.

Let's compare them to some of my straight friends. One is a single mother of 2, half by choice and half by accident. She got preggo while doing meth in HS and then later chose to get preggo again knowing she did not want to stay with the baby daddy. She has no real skills and neither does the baby daddy. - Life of poverty for her

Another friend of mine got preggo while in HS and decided to keep the kid. That was a year ago. Since having the kid the baby daddy and her split. - Life of poverty for her.

2 girls in my class were single mothers and had no baby daddy around.

A guy a worked with a few years ago was a felon from SC and will never be allowed to drive again.

My old boss had like 6 DWI's in a 3 years period. He is on 10 years probation. The only reason he got the job was because he was friends with people that worked in the corporate office.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:23 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
The Bible has a talking donkey. Do you think it's possible that there might one day be a gay talking donkey? Or is that kind of far fetched? Then again God spoke to a man from a bush. A bush that was ON FIRE. Because hey, words coming from a bush would be weird, but add some fire, and things just got real.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
The majority of women do not want a gay man. Perhaps one to go shoe shopping or clothing shopping with, but not for sex. But the majority of gay men do desire heterosexual attractive men sexually or "straight acting" homosexuals.
Most women would do men like Anderson Cooper in a heartbeat.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Most women would do men like Anderson Cooper in a heartbeat.
I'm a straight male and i'd do Anderson Cooper in a heartbeat.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
OK, question. Why do you believe that the Bible is the word of God? Clearly you don't believe that ALL of it is, otherwise you'd believe you were damned to hell because of you-know-what passage. So do you believe other parts of the Bible ARE literally true? How do you distinguish the wheat from the chaff?
Every word is the Word of God.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The Bible has a talking donkey. Do you think it's possible that there might one day be a gay talking donkey? Or is that kind of far fetched? Then again God spoke to a man from a bush. A bush that was ON FIRE. Because hey, words coming from a bush would be weird, but add some fire, and things just got real.
I usually ignore bushes, but if it was on fire I would probably pay attention. I wonder if opiates or hallucinogenics were around back then... That would explain alot of the bible.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Every word is the Word of God.
Do you support slavery? If you use Leviticus to oppose homosexuality then you must support slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies