Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:15 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,897,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Are you kidding me! Gay males often see young boys as nothing more than fresh meat. What world are you living in? Do you honestly believe that I would ever trust a gay man with my son! Heck, I wouldn't trust anyone that I didn't know, but I definitely wouldn't allow my son to go off into the woods with one.

No straight man is interested in another man or a boy. A straight man who is a pedophile will target girls, not boys. What part of this don't you understand?
We understand the parts that are based on facts, not paranoia and gross misinformation. The fact state that molesters often have an adult sexual orientation that doesn't match with children they target, and many (not sure of exact percentages - but it's HIGH) are even married with children. Since you cannot follow these scout leaders into their personal bedrooms, you're basically taking the same risk by allowing "heterosexual" men to participate. I would actually imagine it's an even higher risk, since an openly gay adult is probably less likely to be hiding any secrets like that.

And no, I don't believe YOU would trust your son with a gay man, since you're obviously misinformed and prejudiced. Parents who do know the facts, and don't hate gays, shouldn't have any problem with that. My parents trusted gay men & women (their friends, family members, teachers/coaches, etc) around us, and we're all better people for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM

37,120 posts, read 42,174,654 times
You can't really ban gay boys since they may or may not identify as gay at the point in time they are scouts. There have always been and always be gay boy scouts.

Unless there is going to be a test. Is there a test??

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 PM

33,539 posts, read 18,131,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Oh really?!!! How many kids are openly gay at such a young age? It has to be a mere handful. This is just doublespeak to make them appear ever so slightly more tolerant.
Do you really think a kid thinks in sexual terms at a young age? If the homosexuals have their way, they will have them thinking they are gay and recruit them.. watch out for your children..

Old 04-20-2013, 07:06 PM

33,539 posts, read 18,131,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Review The boy scouts creed

It's ALWAY'S been a Christian organization meant to provide good Christian character to young men.

If you or others do not like it DO NOT JOIN.

It's that simple

The rebellion against God is frightening. Just as Sodom Gommorah

This nation will be brought to nothing.
This country will continue to slide as more of the secular message goes out to tolerate gay marriage . It is an abomination to God and nation..God has allowed men to destroy themselves for seeking sin over God.. We are seeing all the signs of weakness to this nation.. morals, corrupt housing market that has brought about a crisis , a president that does not understand that this nation is destroying itself from the inside out.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This country will continue to slide as more of the secular message goes out to tolerate gay marriage . It is an abomination to God and nation..God has allowed men to destroy themselves for seeking sin over God.. We are seeing all the signs of weakness to this nation.. morals, corrupt housing market that has brought about a crisis , a president that does not understand that this nation is destroying itself from the inside out.
Hate to break it to you, but even the religious folks in this country are leaning towards acceptance now - myself included. And if you want to live in a theocracy, I would suggest trying out the Middle Eastern countries before committing to that notion.

You might want to take a lesson from the GOOD Christians (and Jews, etc) like these:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...dly_church.jpg
http://lgbtweekly.com/wp-content/upl.../Capture20.jpg (she is openly gay, as is my old Rabbi)
http://www.queeried.com/wp-content/u...ly-church1.jpg
http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/...n-London-2.jpg
Resource Center :: Gay Christian Fellowship

Or would you rather follow the lessons of these folks? I'm guessing they would welcome you with open arms: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/948300/thu...E-facebook.jpg

Old 04-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can't really ban gay boys since they may or may not identify as gay at the point in time they are scouts. There have always been and always be gay boy scouts.

Unless there is going to be a test. Is there a test??
There actually is a test, where they can measure arousal levels when a man (or woman) is shown same-sex explicit images... not surprisingly, they found the most anti-gay individuals showed the highest levels of arousal. And I bet a lot of them were married, possibly even had children - and thus would pass the "surface" test that really is in place.

Here's a novel idea, let's only judge them as individuals! I'm a pretty good judge of character myself, and can usually sniff out a creep from a mile away. Not that difficult, really.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:28 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,928,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

... It's ALWAY'S been a Christian organization meant to provide good Christian character to young men.
Not true.

There have always been scouts who were Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, Taoist, Baha'i, etc.

One of the greatest benefactors, a former scout and Eagle Scout, is the famous film producer Steven Spielberg, who is a Jew.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,496,269 times
Why would a gay person want to join the Boy Scouts in the first place?

Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Why not? You don't think gay people enjoy camping, hiking, community service, and whatever else they do?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:15 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,320,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I often wondered this myself. I could care less about the religious angle. But why would an adult male homosexual want to hang out with a bunch of boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why not? You don't think gay people enjoy camping, hiking, community service, and whatever else they do?
I do all of that and I'm not a Boy Scout leader. It's difficult not to wonder what the gay community is up to. I don't think they're a bunch of pedophiles, but I do think they are intent on harming and ultimately destroying the Boy Scouts, and I suspect a lot of other people feel the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies