Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 PM

709 posts, read 597,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
So we need to ban men from being high school/middle school teachers and sponsoring/coaching any activities with females of that age range? If not, then I don't want to hear this argument. It's homophobic. Most people are not going to rape underage people, period, homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.
Now that isn't true. How many male Girl Scout leaders do you see? How many women do you see who is in charge of a whole Troop of boys/men?

I bet he/she would get their rocks off.

An Eagle Scout could be 18.

I'll make sure and keep my sleeping bag zipped tight to hold my farts in.....ready for Joey when I'm snoring in the tent thinking I'm surrounded by manly men....

Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
if there is no God there is no good.. so how can you be good?
I know in my soul, heart, and mind what is good and what is wrong. I need no "god" to tell me or force me to know that. Why you feel the need to subjugate yourself to something that doesn't exist is beyond me, but please stop shoving your religious bullsh*t on us?

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I am agnostic. I believe in a higher power, but not a single, solitary higher power. There's probably a bunch of things up there that make up the pantheon, so I'm cool with that. It's whatevs.

Also, the hate that drips off your every post is ever prominent. Did your "god" endorse that, too?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:09 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
He seems to be a lot more of a true man than you do a true Christian.
Comng from you , that means nothing.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:09 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
YOU are not a true man.. fact.
Jesus taught us not to judge. Good thing that you don't follow the teaching of our Lord & Savior. He would look down upon you in shame.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I know in my soul, heart, and mind what is good and what is wrong. I need no "god" to tell me or force me to know that. Why you feel the need to subjugate yourself to something that doesn't exist is beyond me, but please stop shoving your religious bullsh*t on us?

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I am agnostic. I believe in a higher power, but not a single, solitary higher power. There's probably a bunch of things up there that make up the pantheon, so I'm cool with that. It's whatevs.

Also, the hate that drips off your every post is ever prominent. Did your "god" endorse that, too?
YOUr hate for Christians is more prominent.. the spirit of Anti christ is in you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

You could never be a Scout thinking like that... Even if you aren't a hardcore religious person.

What should I expect from the Cals.....

1,201 posts, read 1,924,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
Now that isn't true. How many male Girl Scout leaders do you see? How many women do you see who is in charge of a whole Troop of boys/men?

I bet he/she would get their rocks off.

An Eagle Scout could be 18.

I'll make sure and keep my sleeping bag zipped tight to hold my farts in.....ready for Joey when I'm snoring in the tent thinking I'm surrounded by manly men....

I'm not even sure what you are talking about, to be honest.

I'm saying that if anyone is uncomfortable with homosexual males leading boy scouts, they should be uncomfortable with heterosexual males around teenage girls in any scenario. If men are so dangerous, why are we letting young girls around them at all? My male track coach gave me a ride from one town to another at one point. My male debate coach did the same thing with a group of girls. No one was worrying about us getting molested. Because most adult people, heterosexual or homosexual, ARE NOT CHILD MOLESTERS.

Yet so many people want to associate homosexuals with child molesters when there is absolutely nothing to back this idea up.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM

147 posts, read 113,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
So we need to ban men from being high school/middle school teachers and sponsoring/coaching any activities with females of that age range? If not, then I don't want to hear this argument. It's homophobic. Most people are not going to rape underage people, period, homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.
Middle school teachers and coaches are not usually entrusted to camp overnight with teenage girls, so I don't understand why you would bring them up. Also, teachers are licensed and when they do something inappropriate they get jail time and they lose their license to teach, so there's a lot at stake for those that don't behave appropriately.

I never stated that all homosexual males will rape boys, so don't use the homophobic label with me because you don't want to acknowledge reality. It is dishonest for people to act as though homosexual men will not be sexually attracted to some teenage boys.

Stating otherwise is just pure dishonesty. If we are going to have this discussion, you have to be real.

If the teenage boys are in public buildings with multiple adults (similar to a school setting) I don't see any problems, but it gets very murky when you are the lead taking teenage boys out into the woods. I am just trying to explain why many people have issues with gay men overseeing boys overnight. It's the possibility of attraction, and what could happen, whether real or imagined.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
YOU are not a true man.. fact.
And who are you to dictate who is and who isn't a "true man"? Let me guess, "I have the authority and support of god behind me! How dare you question me!"

Yeah? Sound about right? It does and it's pathetic.

Are you saying that YOU have the right to dictate who is at the mercy of your "god's" judgment? That you speak for your "god"?

How pretentious of you. I daresay you blaspheme your own "religion".

Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
YOUr hate for Christians is more prominent.. the spirit of Anti christ is in you.
Seeing what I am seeing and most likely the only REAL former Scout in this thread...I know.

We've heard plenty from guys who were kicked out.

Guys who never had the guts to join.

Guys who are outdoor challenged.

Guys who are gay.

How about talking with actual former Scouts for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies