Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 11:57 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,921,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
We didn't camp in parks. Camped in ranches and farms a lot though.
Well, I've existed on those for years. As have many lesbians. Big deal.

Sorry, as soon as dudes start talking **** on women, I get pissed.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:58 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,065,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
Very true, Jesus taught people not to judge, but did he not tell those that he didn't agree with not to partake in certain actions?

If we are going to talk about what Jesus said, let's talk about it, and not shorten the message to fit whatever agenda we may have.
Where did Jesus tell us not to partake in certain actions? That's false. Jesus said don't judge and be true to god.

Only the Bible says such nonsense.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM

714 posts, read 596,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Well, I've existed on those for years. As have many lesbians. Big deal.

Sorry, as soon as dudes start talking **** on women, I get pissed.
You would know it is a very BIG deal....

The Incredible Hulk -- Lou Ferrigno vs. Bear - YouTube

Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 AM

147 posts, read 113,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Where did Jesus tell us not to partake in certain actions? That's false. Jesus said don't judge and be true to god.

Why would you quote Jesus in one breath (you do realize that he delivered the Gospel/Bible right?) but then say, only the Bible says such nonsense?

If you don't believe in Jesus, why are you even mentioning what he said?

Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

Jesus also said....you better save your own ass ^^^ or run for your life as well!!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,234,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
YOU are not a true man.. fact.
That is a disgusting comment.

If I were a christian, I would be trying to put as much distance between myself and any so-called christians who think and speak such hateful crap as you do.

Even though I am a non-believer, I like to think that the nasty, hateful, arrogant, smug, and self-righteous attitudes that you and a few others have towards people who are different from you are not a representation of the christian population as a whole.

I'll continue to give most christians the benefit of the doubt.

You, however, are a hateful bigot.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 AM

596 posts, read 728,950 times
Something that I've never understood when it comes to these people who have such a problem with gay folks, is they all seem to think that gay people do nothing but think about sex all day every day. As if there is no other aspect to their lives at all. Not to mention that they don't seem to think gay people have any boundaries when it comes to sex, as if being gay and being a pedophile are somehow one and the same. So if a gay person wants to join the boy scouts, well obviously it's because they're looking for a breeding ground to have sex with young boys. If they walk down street holding hands, then they're trying to force you to watch them have gay sex. If they want to be a teacher, then they want to teach your kids about gay sex. Everything they do, everything they are, their every motive is supposedly based in sex. I've even heard people go as far as saying that those behind the gay agenda (whatever the hell that is) won't be satisfied until everybody is gay. They actually believe this foolishness!

These people need to understand that a gay person's life isn't driven by sex anymore than a straight person's life is. So if you're straight, is every minute of your day consumed with thinking about sex? Don't you have work, hobbies, friends, family, bills to pay, laundry to do, the car to wash, the dog to walk, and any other myriad things that occupy your time that have absolutely nothing to do with sex? Well, guess what...the same is true for gay folks! They are multi-faceted human beings just like the rest of us. To think that they do nothing but sit around all day and plot ways to have sex with anybody of the same gender is beyond ignorant, and it says a lot more about you and your lack of knowledge than it does about gay people.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,234,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post

How about talking with actual former Scouts for a change.
Like this one?

Scouts for Equality: Eagle Scout with Lesbian Parents Pushes Boy Scouts to Drop Ban on Gay Members | Democracy Now!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,065,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
Why would you quote Jesus in one breath (you do realize that he delivered the Gospel/Bible right?) but then say, only the Bible says such nonsense?

If you don't believe in Jesus, why are you even mentioning what he said?
I do believe in Jesus. I never said that I didn't. I don't believe in this nonsense brainwashing of the church and horrible misinterpreted book called the bible.

If your church and book teach people to say things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
YOU are not a true man.. fact.
... then you can keep it all to yourself. God bless.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 AM

That's certainly not the norm. It would go over like a fart in church.

Guess where we had our meetings at?

In a church basement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.