Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
As a lieutenant in the gay army.
What uniforms do you wear? I bet they are fabulous dahling!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
As soon as the gays and lesbians stop pushing their agendas on everyone, then I'm sure "talking" about it won't be an issue anymore.

In other words, get used to it.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:44 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
As soon as the gays and lesbians stop pushing their agendas on everyone, then I'm sure "talking" about it won't be an issue anymore.

Tell me which gays are trying to force you to have gay sex and to marry a member of your sex and I'll order them to back off.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
From my perspective, it's not that heterosexuals hate gay people. What many strongly dislike is the notion that homosexuality is the equivalent (and should be encouraged and celebrated) on the same level as heterosexuality.

For a number of reasons, heterosexuality and homosexuality are not on equal footing. The most basic reason is, under no circumstances can any gay couple produce life together. In my view, this is the core reason why homosexuality will always have strong opposition (not even withstanding the morality argument).

I do not subscribe to the belief that homosexuality is genetic. To date, no such "gay gene" has been identified. Anyone can decide to be gay, straight or bisexual, whether you realize it or not. All that is required is for an individual to find a person of the same sex, or opposite sex for an intimate relationship. The fact is, we get to choose how we want to live. Let's not act as though it's not a choice, when your life is just that, your life. There's a lot of research on whether certain people have an "addictive gene" which makes them more prone to develop addictions. But no such addictive gene has been found, so it's safe to say that lifestyle choices are just that, -choices.

The only biologically based characteristics that I'm aware of are hair color, eye color, gender, skin color, height, body type, facial characteristics and predisposition to certain genetic disorders. Again, sexual orientation is not biologically based, NO research whatsoever proves that it is.
Then you admit you made the choice between being gay and being straight, but I did not.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And I would like to see anti-choice supporters stop shoving their agenda down my throat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh yeah, I would support that. Nothing like seeing the anti-choice supporters trying to shove their agendas down our throats.
Yup. Anti-choice threads would definitely be at the top of my list, along with the gun huggers trying to shove their pro-gun agenda down my throat.

And birfer threads.

And anti-Obama threads.

The list could go on and on.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Give us all the same rights as you get, including the right to marry the one we love, then we will stop pushing our agenda of having equal rights. Should the black people just have shut up and wait till society decided to give them full equality? Should women have just waited in their hot kitchens for the white male society to decide they deserved equal treatment and the right to vote. No, if one wants something strong enough, they march, they yell, they fight for it.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
BSA currently has a "don't ask, don't tell policy." Under this policy, all boys are able to join, but they are not allowed to broadcast their sexual orientation for political expediency. BSA as an organization has the right to create their own policies. If gays do not like the policy, why not create your own organization for scouts, that foster your belief system? Why is it so important to force a private organization heavily funded by Christians to accept your particular version of "tolerance" and "equality."

Respect is a two way street. If for example, gays had formed their own boy scouts for their particular community and Christians went after those organizations, I would be in full agreement with you, but this isn't the case. Gays are the ones going after Christian oriented private organizations.

I'm left shaking my head, because the the last time I checked, there are far more pressing issues than whether a homosexual boy can openly declare that he is gay within BSA. Let's keep this in perspective. It's not like homosexuals are being denied the right to attend public school, this is BSA that we are talking about. And as I have already pointed out, any boy can join, as long as they adhere to the policies.

You must realize that the majority of Americans subscribe to a religion, whether you like it or not. Sure there are many atheists in this nation too, but they do not currently represent the majority. Just as you do not want to hear about religious values, most religious folks don't want to be inundated with the message that they should accept homosexuality as being equal to heterosexuality.

It's a two way street, so a serious collision is under way.
Wrong thread.

There is already another thread about gays in the scouts.

Off topic for this particular thread.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:13 AM

147 posts, read 113,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wrong thread.

There is already another thread about gays in the scouts.

Off topic for this particular thread.
I used the boy scouts as an example, but I answered NCMom's question.

She asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom
People living their lives does not = shoving it down your throat.
On the other hand, what your kind do...try to use your religious beliefs to make everyone live under your rules is!
There are millions of people in the US that are sick and tired of the crazy religious people that try to make us all live under biblical law.

I stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015
BSA currently has a "don't ask, don't tell policy." Under this policy, all boys are able to join, but they are not allowed to broadcast their sexual orientation for political expediency. BSA as an organization has the right to create their own policies. If gays do not like the policy, why not create your own organization for scouts, that foster your belief system? Why is it so important to force a private organization heavily funded by Christians to accept your particular version of "tolerance" and "equality."

Respect is a two way street. If for example, gays had formed their own boy scouts for their particular community and Christians went after those organizations, I would be in full agreement with you, but this isn't the case. Gays are the ones going after Christian oriented private organizations.

I'm left shaking my head, because the the last time I checked, there are far more pressing issues than whether a homosexual boy can openly declare that he is gay within BSA. Let's keep this in perspective. It's not like homosexuals are being denied the right to attend public school, this is BSA that we are talking about. And as I have already pointed out, any boy can join, as long as they adhere to the policies.

You must realize that the majority of Americans subscribe to a religion, whether you like it or not. Sure there are many atheists in this nation too, but they do not currently represent the majority. Just as you do not want to hear about religious values, most religious folks don't want to be inundated with the message that they should accept homosexuality as being equal to heterosexuality.

It's a two way street, so a serious collision is under way.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
From my perspective, it's not that heterosexuals hate gay people. What many strongly dislike is the notion that homosexuality is the equivalent (and should be encouraged and celebrated) on the same level as heterosexuality.

For a number of reasons, heterosexuality and homosexuality are not on equal footing. The most basic reason is, under no circumstances can any gay couple produce life together. In my view, this is the core reason why homosexuality will always have strong opposition (not even withstanding the morality argument).

I do not subscribe to the belief that homosexuality is genetic. To date, no such "gay gene" has been identified. Anyone can decide to be gay, straight or bisexual, whether you realize it or not. All that is required is for an individual to find a person of the same sex, or opposite sex for an intimate relationship. The fact is, we get to choose how we want to live. Let's not act as though it's not a choice, when your life is just that, your life. There's a lot of research on whether certain people have an "addictive gene" which makes them more prone to develop addictions. But no such addictive gene has been found, so it's safe to say that lifestyle choices are just that, -choices.

The only biologically based characteristics that I'm aware of are hair color, eye color, gender, skin color, height, body type, facial characteristics and predisposition to certain genetic disorders. Again, sexual orientation is not biologically based, NO research whatsoever proves that it is.
By your definition, there is no straight gene either. Marriage has nothing to do with producing children. Two people getting married are not forced to produce children and two people who create a child are not forced to marry.

See how your logic falls apart easily?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:19 AM

311 posts, read 492,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
It's getting so boring and nobody is getting anywhere with it. There is so much more important things happening in this world for discussions and our own democracy is at stack. Let's face it, sexual preferences is between you and your God!!!
Henceforth, I shall abstain in starting, or getting involved with such issues.
I agree principally because, in my opinion, there are much larger issues that could impact and possibly disrupt the lives of most, if not all Americans. The climate domestically and abroad is unstable on all levels. There are tons of important stories that the MSM should cover as top stories and SSM is not one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies