Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,294,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not unless there is universal background checks. As it is now, the good guys with a gun go through background checks and the bad guys with a gun don't. Does that make sense to you?
And which of the bad guys in the dreadful crimes these last few years (like Newtown, which our President finds so especially appaling that he's dragging victims' families to and fro in a cynical bid for sympathy -sympathy and emotion he no doubt hopes will replace reason and argument) got their guns at gun shows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 01:24 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,294,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Or get them at gun shows.
See post #141, above.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,212,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Keep up with your own postings please....everything we have been talking about is from the seller not the buyer....

Below is the original posting me and Snake are responding too.
I think you might still be drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The seller only collects the cash from the buyer, signs the title & registration paperwork and gives it to the buyer and that's all she wrote as far as the sellers involvement. The State is only notified when the buyer goes in to register the car and pay the sales tax on it.

I draft a Bil of Sale to protect myself in case something comes up later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Oh, yeah that's how it is where I live too. The buyer does all the work and if they decide to use the car in a crime without filing the paperwork the seller is protected.
Quote:
So the dealer/seller was supposed to do all the work then...WOW..i'll let them know next time so I don't have to go to the court house to register my car...the delaer/seller will do it.
If you notice I never said the seller was supposed to do all the work. I said the exact opposite. If you don't see your error you might want to stay off the road for a while.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,169,494 times
Idiots...

48,000 felons got caught trying to obtain firearms illegally last year, but only 44 were prosecuted by the DOJ....

We don't want to enforce the laws we have. Instead we want to take away rights and criminalize law abiding citizens so we can lock them up and get them working for UNICOR Prison Industries.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 PM

46,178 posts, read 26,844,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I think you might still be drunk.

If you notice I never said the seller was supposed to do all the work. I said the exact opposite. If you don't see your error you might want to stay off the road for a while.
Nope, not drunk, but I will apologize, I mistook one of your postins as being sarcastic....that's why I went the way I did...

Old 04-22-2013, 01:44 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,520,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Its the guns not the person, its the person not the religion.
There it is. That is the liberal mantra.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,520,254 times
Quote:
The older one was not a US citizen. Does that matter? His request for citizenship was denied after a background check! Should we allow the background check process, that is used for citizenship, to be waived for gun purchases so that foreign terrorists can get their hands on weapons with more ease and less attention?

Boston bomber: FBI 'dropped the ball' over Tamerlan Tsarnaev - Telegraph

Boston bomber's US citizenship bid 'rejected after background check'

See what a background check can uncover? Just have to do one!
And yet, somehow, despite the kazillion gun laws, he still got guns. I wonder how on earth THAT happened! /sarcasm

Old 04-22-2013, 01:56 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,212,147 times
Quote:
Nope, not drunk, but I will apologize, I mistook one of your postins as being sarcastic....that's why I went the way I did...
No problem, it happens.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,671,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Or you can save some time by just stealing them or buying them from an unauthorized seller who also ignores gun laws.

No need. As it stands now, a criminal can buy a gun in broad daylight with cash and a handshake.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,108,720 times
Quote:
No need. As it stands now, a criminal can buy a gun in broad daylight with cash and a handshake.
Well, handshake optional . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies