Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,988,890 times

Advertisements

I found this quite interesting. Suing the fed who is a private entity for devaluing the US dollar. Wonder what they will pay out in if they lose?? lol

"In what could to grow into a class action in US courts, a Chinese woman is suing the Federal Reserve after discovering that the real value of the USD250 she put in an account in 2006 had shrunk by 30%. She claims it was the result of the Fed issuing too much money, and as The South China Morning Post reports, her son Li Zhen, the lawyer, called the lawsuit "litigation for the public good". Alleging "abuse of monopoly in issuing currency," the People's Court of Kunming has yet to rule on the litigants' demand that the Fed cease-and-desist from its quantitative easing policy. While this may seem frivolous, there are some interesting points being made that bear watching, as Li notes, since "the Fed is private institution which enjoys monopoly over the issuing of currency, US Dollar holders can sue it for printing too much money."

Chinese Sue Fed For Monopoly USD Devaluation | Zero Hedge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,743,934 times
250 is a bad number in Chinese culture, and it literally means idiot. So it is intentional.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:48 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I found this quite interesting. Suing the fed who is a private entity for devaluing the US dollar. Wonder what they will pay out in if they lose?? lol

"In what could to grow into a class action in US courts, a Chinese woman is suing the Federal Reserve after discovering that the real value of the USD250 she put in an account in 2006 had shrunk by 30%. She claims it was the result of the Fed issuing too much money, and as The South China Morning Post reports, her son Li Zhen, the lawyer, called the lawsuit "litigation for the public good". Alleging "abuse of monopoly in issuing currency," the People's Court of Kunming has yet to rule on the litigants' demand that the Fed cease-and-desist from its quantitative easing policy. While this may seem frivolous, there are some interesting points being made that bear watching, as Li notes, since "the Fed is private institution which enjoys monopoly over the issuing of currency, US Dollar holders can sue it for printing too much money."

Chinese Sue Fed For Monopoly USD Devaluation | Zero Hedge
Sounds like she is correct to me. They have been devaluing the dollar since day one.

Doubt it gets anywhere though.

Only way we will ever get rid of the Fed is if the government collapses.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,453,400 times
Reminds me of an old joke.

A Chinese lady takes 1000 yuan to a currency-exchange office and gets $161 back.

Two weeks later, she takes another 1000 yuan and gets only $155.

"Why you give me less money?" she asked the teller.

"Fluctuations," answered the teller.

"Oh yeah? Well fluc you Americans too!"

Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,442,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Reminds me of an old joke.

A Chinese lady takes 1000 yuan to a currency-exchange office and gets $161 back.

Two weeks later, she takes another 1000 yuan and gets only $155.

"Why you give me less money?" she asked the teller.

"Fluctuations," answered the teller.

"Oh yeah? Well fluc you Americans too!"
LOL.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,061,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
250 is a bad number in Chinese culture, and it literally means idiot. So it is intentional.
She must be an idiot to put money into the US Dollar and expect it to grow in value.

Remind me once again where your SS money is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies