Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Jihad, schmihad more like just another two idiots, like all the other terrorist idiots, Tim McVeigh included, who think that their actions are some kind of payback for something done by the country's political leadership. Do they target the leadership. No. They won't even go up against a unguarded Congresswomen - they leave that up to some lone mental case who has no freaking idea what they do what the do. Jihadist my foot. You give them too much credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 06:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because the religion promotes those acts and you even have holy men from that religion calling for the death of the insurgents, namely us.

Do you hear of any Catholic priests calling for death to the non Christian insurgents ?
Killing in the name of God
Killing in the Name of God - NYTimes.com

A Christian Terrorist group
National Liberation Front of Tripura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This Christian is a piece of work
Mark Juergensmeyer: Why Breivik Was a Christian Terrorist

Another White Christian terrorist
Christian Terrorism Comes to Milwaukee | Religion Dispatches

And here is a Catholic Priest ordering people to be killed
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16189347/n.../#.UZbLcEquyVo

Another mindboggling point in history with the church killing in the name of God
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathol...he_Usta%C5%A1e

Christian terrorism is alive and well in this world, but I don't blame all Christians for the acts of the extremists.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Ex-priest jailed for Rwanda genocide - World news - Africa | NBC News

Another mindboggling point in history with the church killing in the name of God

Christian terrorism is alive and well in this world, but I don't blame all Christians for the acts of the extremists.
And all of them in another country and very local. None of them want to take over the world.
They just want to rule their little local kingdoms.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And all of them in another country and very local. None of them want to take over the world.
They just want to rule their little local kingdoms.
So that is what you are concerned about, if it is local, it is no big deal? Nice try, but it is still Christian Terrorism, and it exists in this world.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,102,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I hate to break it to all you PC liberals but it is what it is. Maybe you all will still find some PC way to spin this to blame it on guns and the NRA.

Source: Boston bomb suspect says brother was brains behind attack - CNN.com
Certainly... The government, would want you to think that.
But how many of us take their claims as Truth any more?

A few confused or sleeping people may do... but more and more people are waking up.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:57 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Fry the scumbag, any supporters of the scum can kiss my ass.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:

Christian terrorist, yes.

This organization is Christian terrorist, true.

Breivik stated that "myself and many more like me do not necessarily have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and God."
Breivik did not commit his acts in the name of Jesus or Christianity. He was Islamophobic, and a far right individual, but he didn't commit his acts in the name of the Christian God.
Anders Breivik Manifesto: Shooter/Bomber Downplayed Religion, Secular Influence Key

This guy did what he did in the name of white supremacy. Not Christianity.

Ex-priest jailed for Rwanda genocide - World news - Africa | NBC News

That guy did not commit his violence in the name of Christianity either. Ethnic tensions are the cause of his actions.

The Nazis? Can we at least use examples more relevant to this time?

Most of your examples are not committing their crimes in the name of Christianity. They are committing their crimes in the name of white supremacy. One of the terrorist organizations is from one of Africa's poorest countries which is just known for backwards thinking. Another is a wacko group of people in India that is only 500 people strong. India has millions of Christians and they are among the most liberal people in the whole country. This organization does not have the support of the Christian community there. This is in contrast to whole countries of Muslims that often have 50% or more of their population sympathetic to terrorism causes.

If I wanted, I could sit here and list a thousand Islamic mosques and organizations that support terrorism and the demonization of Western lifestyles. Your comparison of Christian terrorists to Islamic terrorists is not even close to equal.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Most of your examples are not committing their crimes in the name of Christianity. They are committing their crimes in the name of white supremacy. One of the terrorist organizations is from one of Africa's poorest countries which is just known for backwards thinking. Another is a wacko group of people in India that is only 500 people strong. India has millions of Christians and they are among the most liberal people in the whole country. This organization does not have the support of the Christian community there. This is in contrast to whole countries of Muslims that often have 50% or more of their population sympathetic to terrorism causes.

If I wanted, I could sit here and list a thousand Islamic mosques and organizations that support terrorism and the demonization of Western lifestyles. Your comparison of Christian terrorists to Islamic terrorists is not even close to equal.
I am not comparing the two, I am saying Christian terrorism exists.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:19 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
I am not comparing the two, I am saying Christian terrorism exists.
Outside of Africa, where? And where does it reach the support that Islamic terrorism does?

Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Outside of Africa, where? And where does it reach the support that Islamic terrorism does?
Again, I wasn't comparing the two, I was simply showing that Christian terrorism exists, and not all of those links were based in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies