Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, I'm aware of that stuff, too, as I work with adolescents, including a lot who do sports. Concussions are receiving a lot of attention right now. However, Tamerlan is dead, and I doubt we will have access to his brain. It will be very hard to prove he did anything d/t brain injury.
I don't know how that works with situations like that. Does the family claim the body and have the final say or can the government go ahead and do an autopsy? Since he was killed in a shoot out with police I'm pretty sure they'd have to do one (an autopsy) anyway to determine how he died--it would be part of the process for review. They just wouldn't have reason otherwise to include his brain in the autopsy.

I don't think anyone is trying to claim that evidence of traumatic brain injury would explain his actions, but the scientists at Boston University School of Medicine are the top in the field in the research of CTE, and they'd like that information so they can add it to research they're doing with other athletes who've had signs of dementia, potentially due to repeated brain injury.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Getting back to the OP...It t seems that the mother might have been talking about her younger son as being killed, not him killing someone else...

Randi Rhodes

Just WOW!
What do you say to that?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't know how that works with situations like that. Does the family claim the body and have the final say or can the government go ahead and do an autopsy? Since he was killed in a shoot out with police I'm pretty sure they'd have to do one (an autopsy) anyway to determine how he died--it would be part of the process for review. They just wouldn't have reason otherwise to include his brain in the autopsy.

I don't think anyone is trying to claim that evidence of traumatic brain injury would explain his actions, but the scientists at Boston University School of Medicine are the top in the field in the research of CTE, and they'd like that information so they can add it to research they're doing with other athletes who've had signs of dementia, potentially due to repeated brain injury.
I don't know either how it works. Tamerlan may also have been shot in the head; we don't know all the details about how he died.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Allahu Akbar means "God is Great." Just for the record, Muslims believe that the Jewish Torah and the Christian Bible are all holy scripture, and although they don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah, they believe he was a prophet, like Abraham. Christians, Jews and Muslims all believe in the same God, based in a common set of religious traditions based in the Quran, the Jewish Torah, and the Christian Old Testament.

How would you feel if the Mom was a Christian and she'd said this:

I don't care if my youngest son is killed. I don't care if I'm killed. I will say Praise the Lord!

I think the mom is a major nut, and she defiinitely has some Islamic fundamentalist views, but I don't think proclaiming that you love God in itself makes you a terrorist.
I think you are sugar coating a bit don't you think? Her message is clear, she supports what her son's did.

Last edited by 9162; 04-24-2013 at 07:23 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 07:05 PM

15 posts, read 16,364 times
I saw an good explanation from one liberal news agency, they said what she really meant to say was "God Bless America".

Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
What a disgusting freak show that woman is. And then you wonder why her family is so screwed up and her religion gets the perception of crazed fanaticism.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 PM

50 posts, read 38,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by putlocker View Post
But lets let more of them in to the country. Good going leftie idiots.
you know the immigration system is screwed up when she gets in and we cant get geniuses to come here anymore. The righties seem to scare off anyone with a beneficial thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies