U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:46 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,567,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
What's wrong with civil unions if it offers the same benefits minus the name?
Tell all straight married people that and you will get an ear full. Why are people so afraid of gay marriage?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:49 PM

10,313 posts, read 11,242,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I support people's right to privacy and their pursuit of happiness. I don't believe allowing homosexuals to "marry" qualifies.

But I do believe that allowing civil unions and giving equal tax benefits is fair. But not the right of Christian marriage but I will quickly move on and hold no bitterness if that is what the country decides.

Just sick of hearing about it.
Don't worry, the government has nothing to do with Christian marriage or Jewish marriage or Muslim marriage or Hindu marriage or Buddhist marriage or atheist marriage: it's all just marriage.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,703,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I'd say over half of America has lost its marbles.
I'd say some people need to realize this isn't 1950 and those who think it is need to wake up.

Boomer. Straight. And a proud support of equal rights for the LGBT community.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM

20,332 posts, read 10,467,447 times
Quote:
What's wrong with civil unions if it offers the same benefits minus the name?
Didn't this country try the separate but equal thing before?

How did that work out?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:01 PM

21,584 posts, read 11,639,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

How did that work out?
Yeah, same exact thing

How many times are you going to use that stupid line?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yeah, same exact thing

How many times are you going to use that stupid line?
As many times as you keep bringing up a separate but equal proposition.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM

30,486 posts, read 20,135,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Here's that spiffy sentence you used in that other thread. Remember when I told you with that one sentence you've lost any future argument? Short memory you've got. Loss of credibility. Good job!

Yet you seem to be unable to tell me what I posted that is wrong.

I'll give you another crack at it.

Go ahead and tell me what I posted that was factually incorrect.

And remember, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM

2,867 posts, read 2,991,536 times
Why are people so afraid of gay marriage?

They're not. Gay marriage is only the start of everything. Why aren't homosexuals happy with civil unions? Why do homosexual activitists and their supporters insist on demonizing everyone that does not agree with them? Why are homosexual activists and their supporters insisting on making this such a problem?

Yes, I forgot. In the eyes of the radical left one cannot be separate AND equal, right? I could have a brand new Rolls Royce and offer to buy one exactly like it and you would not be happy. You HAVE to have mine. After all, you have a rihght to have mine, right?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Why are people so afraid of gay marriage?

They're not. Gay marriage is only the start of everything. Why aren't homosexuals happy with civil unions? Why do homosexual activitists and their supporters insist on demonizing everyone that does not agree with them? Why are homosexual activists and their supporters insisting on making this such a problem?

Yes, I forgot. In the eyes of the radical left one cannot be separate AND equal, right? I could have a brand new Rolls Royce and offer to buy one exactly like it and you would not be happy. You HAVE to have mine. After all, you have a rihght to have mine, right?
I don't want YOUR marriage, I want MINE.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM

30,486 posts, read 20,135,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
How dare the women and brown people think that they deserve to vote! That is just reprehensible. And black people thinking they deserve to be married to white people, what is wrong with them?

Sure, why not?

Meanwhile in this century, the Obama girls need Affirmative Action because a white male who grew up with a single parent in a run down trailer park is going to use his white male privilege to oppress them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or