U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 PM

10,638 posts, read 6,014,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it has been disgraceful the way the Benghazi deaths have been "minimized". If Obama's kids were over there, you can bet he would have taken the calls, and you can bet Hillary would have got her butt in action also. (and same for every other politician's kids)

normal life spans are also a "part of life".
BS. The deaths of our diplomats have not been minimized. It's a tragedy whenever life is cut short due to terrorism. Show me anyone on the left who disputes that.

The true disgrace here is the way these deaths have been POLITICIZED by the right. That's all these bogus hearings are, cheap political theater by the GOP. Same old same old. Who knows, some day they may actually get around to governing, but I won't hold my breath.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:29 PM

23,137 posts, read 11,414,677 times
For those of you keeping track, this is the 5th time a Republican Congressmen has quoted FOX(im assuming "news media" means FOX) and it is the 5th time one of the 3 men being questioned has said the quote is wrong.

why are they even using news quotes in the first place, shouldnt they have first hand accounts by now ?

13,153 posts, read 17,340,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With protests already happening around the ME, you'd think the DoD would have had prepped some jets to take off "just in case".
They could have but they wanted to project a different image. It wasn't politically expedient just before elections.

Getting "prepped" would have shown the party line of 'terrorism on the run' was a lie.

Bottom line is that there were those who were quite willing to put the lives of our people on the line for reasons of their own.

14,298 posts, read 8,055,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
In hindsight - everyone would have done it differently, if nothing else to make sure that proper security was provided in general, and those who were listening to the chatter days before the attack had acted on what they heard.
With hindsight, do you think Obama would do anything different? What I'm referring to is, Biden said neither he nor the president knew anything about the previous attacks in Libya, knew nothing about Stevens' security concerns. Do you think in hindsight Obama would have kept himself informed of the security concerns in Libya, after he brought down Qaddafi?

By his actions on the night of Sept 11, handing everything off on Penetta and Demsey, I don't think Obama would have done anything different. He just seems indifferent to the entire matter.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,340,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
For those of you keeping track, this is the 5th time a Republican Congressmen has quoted FOX(im assuming "news media" means FOX) and it is the 5th time one of the 3 men being questioned has said the quote is wrong.
Why would you assume that, unless they specifically said "Fox"?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:33 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,139,549 times
The next big 64K question is who ordered the Special Ops in Tripoli to stand down and not go to Benghazi.
Hicks said he doesn't know who issued the order.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:33 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,745,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
With hindsight, do you think Obama would do anything different? What I'm referring to is, Biden said neither he nor the president knew anything about the previous attacks in Libya, knew nothing about Stevens' security concerns. Do you think in hindsight Obama would have kept himself informed of the security concerns in Libya, after he brought down Qaddafi?

By his actions on the night of Sept 11, handing everything off on Penetta and Demsey, I don't think Obama would have done anything different. He just seems indifferent to the entire matter.
I agree. And I will add Hillary. As for Biden, I believe he didn't know about the attack as he really isn't in touch with alot of things. He was probably passed out at Patty O'Rourke's bar and they couldn't find him.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM

10,583 posts, read 8,236,558 times
Default Benghazi consulate official Greg Hicks: Hillary called me at 2AM, I told her the consulate was UNDER ATTACK

U.S. Consulate Deputy Chief Greg Hicks testified today, that then-SecState Hillary Clinton called him at 2:00 AM during the Benghazi attack, to ask him what was going on. He responded that the Consultate was under attack. He never mentioned any "protest", because there wasn't one.

Yet, several days later, Hillary stood in front of the flag-draped coffins of U.S. Ambassador Stevens and three others, and told the American people they had died because of a video soemone had made, which had triggered protests.

And Ambassador Susan Rice was sent by the Obama administration five days after the attack, to appear on various national TV shows and tell the American people the same story: That the attacks were simply some spontaneous protest that went wrong. Even though the administration (in the person of Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State) knew on the very first night, that it was an all-out attack, without any "protest" going on.

1.) Did the Obama administration make up the story of "protests that went wrong", to hide the fact that they had been lying about Al Qaeda being defeated and no longer a threat?

2.) Did the Obama administration refuse the reinforcements that the consulate had been begging for for months, to maintain the appearance that Al Qaeda was defeated and no longer a threat, so Obama could get more votes in the upcoming Nov. 2012 election?

---------------------------------------------

Hillary Clinton's Big Benghazi Lie - Katie Pavlich

Hillary Clinton's Big Benghazi Lie

Katie Pavlich | May 08, 2013

CAPITOL HILL - Testimony given Wednesday on Capitol Hill by Greg Hicks, Benghazi whistleblower and deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, exposed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a liar.

Hicks, who was on the ground in Libya on September 11, 2012, said Clinton called him around 2 a.m. from Washington to ask "what was going on." Hicks responded by saying the consulate was under attack. He never told her about a protest outside the consulate because there wasn't one.

"The only report that our mission made through every channel was that this was an attack," Hicks said. "No protest."

In his recollection of events the night of September 11, 2012, Hicks stated that U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens called him and said, "We are under attack," just before he was brutally murdered and dragged through the streets. Again, no mention of a protest.

"The video was not instigative of anything that was going on in Libya," Hicks said. "We saw no demonstrations related to the video anywhere in Libya."

Hicks also noted that Twitter feeds were being monitored and showed Ansar al-Sharia took credit for the terrorist attack and had control of the hospital where Ambassador Stevens was taken.

Despite knowing Benghazi was a terrorist attack from the very beginning, after she was briefed by Hicks who was on the ground, Clinton shamelessly stood in front of the flag draped caskets of dead Americans and blamed a YouTube video anyway.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 PM

16,553 posts, read 11,436,539 times
This is EXACTLY how Progressives think. If they have no use for you, they'd rather see you dead or in prison.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 PM

16,553 posts, read 11,436,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
BS. The deaths of our diplomats have not been minimized. It's a tragedy whenever life is cut short due to terrorism. Show me anyone on the left who disputes that.

The true disgrace here is the way these deaths have been POLITICIZED by the right. That's all these bogus hearings are, cheap political theater by the GOP. Same old same old. Who knows, some day they may actually get around to governing, but I won't hold my breath.
Nothing like politicizing Newtown though right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or