U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM

35,312 posts, read 19,340,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And I'm watching and seeing how the tables turn depending on which party is sitting in the Oval Office.
Like I said..what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
As I recall, Bush didn't take any congressional heat for Katrian or 9/11. And the Pubs controlled the house in both cases. He caught a lot of flack in the press, though.

For some strange reason, the house Pubs are all up in arms over Benghazi.

Political theater and hyperpartisan hypocrisy at its most naked.

That's all it is and all it ever will be.

A few months ago, the Pubs were all up in arms over "the deficit!" Some said it was a terrible threat to national secuirty. Now the deficit is dropping. So, they have to find another "outrage" and Benghazi is all they've got.

Milk it, conservatards.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM

6,048 posts, read 3,879,905 times
One thing is sure. Finding out what happened won't be revealed watching a bunch of self-serving politicians at a congressional hearing. Or by watching Fox. I avoid both.

There are far better news sources outside the US.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,967,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I identify as Republican, but I am not angry or confused. I fully understand the CoC and how it works in the Contemporary Operational Environment. I spent 22 years of my life in uniform prior to retiring just a few years ago.

I do think that there is more to Benghazi than meets the eye. Even senior State Department representatives have stated that the silly YouTube video was never thought to be the cause for the attacks on the Consulate. It was never thought to be anything other than a terror attack. There were no protests as previously stated by State.
If its so cut and dry then was the CIA telling a different story 4 days after the event when they were asked to produce talking points. The larger facility in Benghazi was a CIA facility.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM

32,636 posts, read 16,684,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Weren't the Benghazi hearings several months ago?
Yes, but they didn't get the desired outcome. Can't have that.

As it turns out, the general public just isn't that interested in what an administration spokesperson said might or might not have been the motivation for an act of terror that took place 9 months ago.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM

31,385 posts, read 32,132,768 times
"Benghazi Hearings Not Televised On ABC, CBS & NBC--Pat Caddell Was Right The Media Enemy Of The American People"

Actually the media is the only thing preventing the spread of Obama Derangement Syndrome(ODS). While watching ABC is the best prevention even NBC's prime time line up will afford some protection.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,967,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If Benghazi never happened, or it turned out differently, would she be offering to help with his next assignment? I doubt it. It's all in the timing and delivery. It wasn't the right time to offer "help" and could be taken out of context and construed as a "message", which is very plausible under the circumstances.
What message were the Republicans who concurred with her attempting to send?

I wouldn't have said it because we have basically heard one side of the events concerning his employment situation. This wouldn't be the first time that there was miscommunication between a boss and an employee. It was a strong public endorsement by her for his believability.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 AM

32,636 posts, read 16,684,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
And you and entire left are not interested in finding out the truth why 4 Americans were killed----says a lot about you and the left's character!
Ehm - we know why. It was because some crazy-ass Libyans hate the United States.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:28 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,849,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
This is what happens when the GOP and the Fox News noise machine cry wolf too many times. It is clear to everyone that the right wing has latched on to Benghazi as a way to hopefully smear Hillary Clinton and make it harder for her to be our next President.

IMO, the Benghazi show trial is just another GOP/Fox dirty trick and smear like "terrorist fist bumps", "deep seated hatred for white people", and birtherism. Rational people are tired of the right wings antics.
What is there to smear? Clinton is already on record as not making a difference hwo they died. Left does not care about how they died and would be doomed to repeat it.
Who told are men to stand down?
Why did the executive branch send out rice with lies?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,786,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Tell us one time where liberal media points out that Obama did anything wrong. They don't, they prop him up as if he is perfect. MSNBC Chris Matthews even said Obama is the perfect man.

Yep, Democrats have been pointing and blaming everyone else Obama's entire presidency. When have you ever heard Obama taking responsibility. The closest I heard him admit it when he said "I guess they were not so shovel ready after all". Every other time he blames everyone else. We are pointing back. Obama is not perfect but you still defend him as if he is.
Do you have a problem following posts? Where do I "defend" him? I'm not a fan of Obama and I can keep track, like many people, of the lies he has told and how he shuns responsibility unless it's to his benefit. As for republicans, I have nothing but pity for them. There's no winning team here.

The Ds missed their opportunity for a valid impeachment of Bush when his lies about Iraq were unraveling and becoming known to the public - and who knew about those lies better than the Ds? 9/11 was just the excuse Bush needed to go to point 1 on his agenda which he put together when he became president. And you probably still think Bush didn't lie. Knowing that his father's face was being walked on each and every day was killing him.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:30 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,031,250 times
1. Benghazi!!! BENGHAZI!!! !!! BENGHAZI !!!
2. ??????
3. Obama resigns!

I guess conservatives just haven't figured out step 2 yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or