Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 01:05 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
You'd probably defend Stalin if he had a (D-Moscow) behind his name.

My point is that there is no debree of ineptitude/malfeasance/evil (no matter how many lives it costs), from a D, that you would criticize, much less condemn, and no degree of ineptitude (no matter how insignificant) you'd overlook from a R. It show, in spades, and is, just in case you don't get it, disgusting in the extreme.
I do defend facts. Perhaps that's a foreign concept to some? Plus, in the Benghazi event, there is no D or R.

Last edited by florida.bob; 05-09-2013 at 01:15 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
You'd probably defend Stalin if he had a (D-Moscow) behind his name.

My point is that there is no debree of ineptitude/malfeasance/evil (no matter how many lives it costs), from a D, that you would criticize, much less condemn, and no degree of ineptitude (no matter how insignificant) you'd overlook from a R. It show, in spades, and is, just in case you don't get it, disgusting in the extreme.
VP Ford defended Nixon until he couldn't anymore.
Ford said Nixon was innocent, the evidence of that was overwhelming and that was that..period.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The No. 2 diplomat in Libya during the Benghazi attack testified Wednesday that he and many others knew the Sept. 11 assault was terrorism from the moment it happened, and he was shocked when the Obama administration said otherwise.
Ignoring that he actually can testify only for himself, this is one man's recollection of an event at which he wasn't even present. Being one of the few people on this forum who has actually been shot at in a terrorist attack, I promise you that any three people experiencing an event like that, even first hand, will have three different recollections of what took place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet
So you are saying that the administration ignored what Mr hicks told them and went with their own talking points
I'm certain he was not ignored, and I'm also certain the folks who prepared the talking points had more sources of information than he did.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:09 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It absolutely won't go anywhere.

There seem to be lots of very naive political greenhorns posting on this website, with no ability to analyze politics beyond the brain dead talking points fed to them by talk radio or stilted political cable TV.

This whole Benghazigate thing the house Pubs are staging now is nothing but Kabuki theater. Hyperpartisan politics at its most raw. I have no doubt that it appears very serious to those who know no better. But it's going nowhere and will have no repercussions. It's a whole bunch of GOP reps who are jockeying for position to avoid primary challengers for next year's elections. The house boys have to face election every two years, you know. And the GOP incumbents are scared. The tea party has them all wanting to look like rabid right wingers, or else they'll have to work for re-election, and most of them haven't had to break a sweat in a campaign for a long time.

So, what can they do?

Why, play to the extremist wing of the GOP. Get some face time on CSPAN raging against Obama and/or Hillary. Either will do. Both would be better.

The reality is that they have nothing. And they won't get anything, either. The Benghazi consulate was attacked by terrorists and four loyal Americans died, unfortunately. No amount of loony-tune accusations or congressional witch hunting will alter the facts.

Just to compare and contrast a wee bit...

Under George W Bush, we had something like 60 deaths in embassy attacks. The GOP house didn't raise a single question over any of those attacks or deaths. No congressional hearings. Nothing.

But now, we lose four at a consulate under Obama, and the sky is falling?

Please...

Terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For you who are new at paying attention to politics, watch this develop into nothing but phony outrage and hollow accusations. But it's red meat for the "GOP base", who want more of this meaningless baloney. Gets the vein on the forehead pulsing and all that.
Excellent post which should end the thread. But of course, it will not, because those who need to hear what you have posted won't even read it.

Funny thing, the only place this is getting any play at all today is on message boards and rightwing blogs (and probably Fox News, but I never tune in to that entertainment station, so I wouldn't know for sure). The rest of the country has heard the Fox filled cries of wolf so many times that they no longer even pay attention. Time to sign off of these Benghazi threads. They are merely going in circles now. But hey, not to worry, there will be all NEW threads when we head into hearing number 9, 14, 28 and on into infinity...............

Meanwhile, Congress can find nothing of import to spend a little time on.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 05-09-2013 at 01:18 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 01:10 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Embassies were also attacked during Clinton's Presidency - but niether he nor Bush told staff to "stand down" - Help was immediately sent by both men, which is what the chief executive should do.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I do defend facts. Perhaps that's a foreign concept to some?
Sure you do.Obama is gutter trash who is leading this nation into the toilet. It is a fact, but your side pretends otherwise. You defend his failures, his recalcitrance, he anti-American actions come hell or high water.

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Hmmm. looks like the RW mental masturbation fest is still going on (and on and on and ...).
They've been hate ****ing a non-existent version of Barack Obama since 2008.

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This thread is hilarious. So let me see if I understand; the liberal media is totally ignoring the Benghazi hearings because the coverage that people admit to watching is not represented in a way that people agree with? You just can't make this stuff up.

I've watched all the stations - there is very little coverage of the incident on any national TV besides CNN and Fox.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
VP Ford defended Nixon until he couldn't anymore.
Ford said Nixon was innocent, the evidence of that was overwhelming and that was that..period.
Nixon? Ford? Stuck in the past, are yah? Your desperation is showing - in spades!!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I do defend facts. Perhaps that's a foreign concept to some? Plus, in the Benghazi event, there is no D or R.
Really, Obama is no longer a D? Hillary is no longer a D? You insult yourself with comments such as you just made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies