U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM

22,243 posts, read 15,265,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No protest. The State Dept came clean on that one before the October hearing.
Only the US was saying protest and now they are not.

Our intelligence stinks.

Ft Hood, Benghazi, Boston.

On all counts our intelligence couldn't put the pieces together.

Keep believing our government who changes their story.
On Sept 16, they still thought it started as a demonstration. I am not sure what difference it makes. Hind site is always 20/20 and time with investigation generally brings more clarity.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 PM

19,644 posts, read 14,610,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The "let's weaken Hillary for 2016" has been evident all along.
I'm sure that’s the Republican strategy. The Dems would do the same thing if it were in the same boat. It’s all about winning.

As far as the outcome on Benghazi, it will be a very small note in history.

As I said here when Susan Rice read the statement that the Benghazi attack broke out of a Protest: "Why is that woman saying that?". They did not know who committed the attack at the time she spoke so how would she know that it happened out of a protest

Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM

3,744 posts, read 2,585,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Hind site is .....
...where they build the Hind Helicopter??

Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM

39,126 posts, read 20,252,823 times
Default IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday acknowledged that it flagged political groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names for special scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status, an admission that is fueling long-held suspicions among conservatives that the agency has been singling them out for unfair treatment, an admission that set off a firestorm on Capitol Hill

The IRS has demonstrated the most disturbing, illegal and outrageous abuse of government power,” said Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots. “This deliberate targeting and harassment of tea party groups reaches a new low in illegal government activity and overreach.”

Lerner would not say whether any of the IRS employees involved have been disciplined, but she said that new policies have been put in place to prohibit this kind of screening and that, overall, none of the 75 groups have been rejected for approval so far.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election - The Washington Post

Old 05-10-2013, 05:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,507,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'd like to hear the right-wing predictions on the Benghazi outcome.

When will the impeachment start? Will it be successful? When will Joe Biden be sworn in as president? Will he get impeached too?

Let's hear it. After all, President Romney is basking in the glow of your previous history of correct speculation.
My guess is nothing will happen. The American attention span is short.

[and even shorter if the subject is not compelling]

32,696 posts, read 13,815,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm not talking about BEFORE the attack.
There had already been several attacks on the CIA base since April.
So it wasn't a secret base was it ?

The President of Libya was on TV the same Sunday as Rice and said it was planned and premeditated and they had names.

Turns out he was right and we were wrong.
The before part is the larger issue to me, not that there is meaning in edits of correspondence. If there were several attacks on Tripoli was it really wise for Stevens to go to Benghazi before 9/11, particularly since militia support was really spotty, The after part is mostly politics, the important issue is what took place leading up to the attack, these were experienced state department employees but maybe nobody could have know this would happen.

19,899 posts, read 15,848,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats defense even during the election is to accuse republicans of being political when in fact it is the Democrats who are being political. Remember this happened when Obama was running around saying Obama Bin Laden is dead and Al-Quaeda is on the run. Obviously an Al-Quaeda attack would not fit Obama's political narrative. That would be being political.

I know ha? big friggin deal as we say in Italian, as if the death of Bin Laden, was the answers to all our prayers and safety! surprise surprise?

I had little respect for this administration and i have now none. No matter how bad the truth is, just tell us, we can handle it. If we are being attacked, tell us, we can handle it, what i cannot handle is lying scumbags.

Democraps are making this politicial by pushing their talking points to the other side as usual of course, the blame game go's on. This administration does not know how to accept accountability for wrong doings, or accept responsibility, what a crying shame.

What do you think we are all dumb and stupid and ignorant, as if the death of Bin Laden was the answers to all our prayers. This was not part of the politicial narrative Obama was looking for, so what to do change the important facts of the matter. Infact all of us not naive and stupid or ingorant, don't even want to be in the same room with the likes of any of you. Don't think we are crying.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,289,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Of course you are, you don't want to see or hear anything so you won't. We understand, you can't comprehend the fact that your messiah isn't perfect.
No, really I am not hoping anything with Benghazi in terms of there not being a scandal. There is literally nothing there. conservatives are hoping to finally beat President Obama. It is going no where fast.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM

20,339 posts, read 13,828,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Keep trying.

You guys just can't get it in your thick skulls that Benghazi ain't gonna do what the election couldn't do for you guys.

There isn't gonna be an impeachment or a single resignation although you wingers should resign yourselves to the idea that this Benghazi thing is fruitless on your part and will remain so.
You are the only one bringing up impeachment. BTW, we know you are a 0bama kool-aid drinker, and will do anything to defend him. You're the partisan version of the man in front of the fireworks warehouse that's on fire shouting "Nothing to see here folks, move along"

Nothing To See Here Naked Gun - YouTube

Last edited by Wapasha; 05-10-2013 at 05:37 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 05:09 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,289,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I do believe there actually -is- something there (as in, mistakes happened), I don't however believe this is nearly as dire a situation as people make it out to be.

All that needs to happen here is "Learn from mistakes and move on".

Going after Obama with pitchforks and screamign "FOMGWATERGATE" is just stupidity. (Which, yes, I recognize that some conservatives do see, however, it is currently the mainstream narrative.)
I didn't write anything about whether mistakes were made, that is open to opinion. I wrote about incompetence. Surely some mistakes are the result of incompetence, but not all mistakes rise to that level.

Also when judging whether someone made a mistaken decision, it really is about the choices those people in command made based on the knowledge they had of a situation in the moment of the decision.

I do agree with your larger point in that post though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or