Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 05:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If you have some free time on your hands bob, you might want to get in touch with Rand Paul. I see that he's going to throw his hair into the ring for 2016. He's going to need all the help he can get.

I don't know bob. Which is worse? Republicans trying to make political points vs. Obama lying and manipulating the public for votes?? Oh that hope and change. It sure did work out well didn't it bob? He hoped that he could win the Presidency and then change America based on his teachings and beliefs.
Well, my opinion of Rand Paul is lower than the current "quality" of GOP reps. I think he is a premier version of an opportunistic crud taking advantage of some people thirsting for some common sense that he doesn't posses. He and Cruz are pretty much clones as far as I can tell, they just avow anything they think will help them stay in office. Other than that, I don't have any strong opinions about Rand Nut. Paul right now is just jumping on what he thinks is the "Benghazi scandal" bandwagon.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:11 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
On Sunday, 4 bereaved women will be facing their first Mother's Day without their beloved sons, who were murdered in Benghazi last September 11. Will Hillary Clinton be thinking of them this Mother's Day?

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Serve This President
In the mean time, 4000+ mothers will be spending another Mother's Day without their beloved sons an daughters because of a war based on compete lies started by a Republican President. Will Republicans be thinking of them?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
FOX didn't air the hearing in it's entirety, c-span did though. FOX cut and ran after Gowdy and Chavez lost their minds, because they knew they were getting nowhere, to cover the Jodi Arias verdict!
Only C-SPAN 3 covered it and many don't get that channel.

They ran a re-run from 10PM on Thursday night to 3 AM on regular C-SPAN

Fox covered a lot of the first 3 hours then showed highlights until the hearing was over.

I wish they had stayed with the hearings instead of the other "garbage" stories they covered.

At least they covered a lot of it and showed highlights.

Where were the other cable channels? What were their stories that were more important?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Which FOX News? This FOX News?

Many news agencies lie and distort facts, not many have the guts to admit it...in court...positioning the First Amendment as their defense!

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.
Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org
Duh! when you show LIVE coverage what different does it make who is airing it?

Oh, I forgot, none of the other cable channels showed ANY of the live coverage, except C-SPAN 3 which many people don't get.

P.S. At least Murdoch's attorney's were honest.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Only C-SPAN 3 covered it and many don't get that channel.

They ran a re-run from 10PM on Thursday night to 3 AM on regular C-SPAN

Fox covered a lot of the first 3 hours then showed highlights until the hearing was over.

I wish they had stayed with the hearings instead of the other "garbage" stories they covered.

At least they covered a lot of it and showed highlights.

Where were the other cable channels? What were their stories that were more important?
I understand there was a preview of Trumps new reality TV show, ahh, oh yeah, there was "General Hospital" to air... you know, actual entertainment rather than fantasy. Well, take the Trump thing out of the entertainment side.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, my opinion of Rand Paul is lower than the current "quality" of GOP reps. I think he is a premier version of an opportunistic crud taking advantage of some people thirsting for some common sense that he doesn't posses. He and Cruz are pretty much clones as far as I can tell, they just avow anything they think will help them stay in office. Other than that, I don't have any strong opinions about Rand Nut. Paul right now is just jumping on what he thinks is the "Benghazi scandal" bandwagon.
Nothing like his dad. We need the libertarian party to gain strength and a Teddy Roosevelt progressive like party to form.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:35 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Nothing like his dad. We need the libertarian party to gain strength and a Teddy Roosevelt progressive like party to form.
I think our government has to completely collapse, or just about hit rock bottom, before people realize that the collapse was due to the work of the two parties that are in control of our country.

His father is probably scratching his head wondering what the hell happened to Rand to stray so far away.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I am not a big fan of Ron either. Too regressive and, frankly, scary re Foreign Relations.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
This Administration is the epitome of sleaze. I expected better out of the first (half) black President. What a shame. His legacy will be an unfettered disaster.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Stupid libs, they need to just admit it. Oblamer screwed up big time, people died, and now its time to own up to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies