Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The lie being what, that it was a "Consulate" when it was a clandestine CIA facility?
I have no desire to address your poor attempt at deflection.

You will note that the Washington Post is noting that the administration is still lying.

Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’ - The Washington Post

Old 05-14-2013, 11:42 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no desire to address your poor attempt at deflection.

You will note that the Washington Post is noting that the administration is still lying.

Deflection? I asked you what lie.

Lets review:

Me: The help that was available was sent. One of those sent was killed after arriving. It was decided to evacuate the facilities, which I would bet played into the decision not to send additional people to Benghazi. It is not a case "Lets just do nothing", they pulled everyone out. Not much point in attempting to defend a clandestine facility that is no longer a secret. The best choice would be to get everyone out as fast and as safely as they could.

You: And then not lie about it.

Me: The lie being what, that it was a "Consulate" when it was a clandestine CIA facility?

Talk about deflection. Would it really have been so hard to just have posted the link when I asked you "The lie being what..?" Instead you engage in personal attacks.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Misinformation or something else ??

Who doctored a White House email? - Salon.com

Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Deflection? I asked you what lie.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Quote:
Who could have saved Stevens and Smith? Who could have responded within 20 minutes from the start of the attack?
Don't you mean 8 hours (as reported many times) or are you talking in dog time?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
The Washington Post just gave Obama's claim that he called Benghazi an "act of terrorism" four Pinocchios.

Full story here.
From your link, I found this interesting:
Quote:
OBAMA: “We are still doing an investigation. There is no doubt that the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn’t just a mob action. Now, we don’t have all the information yet so we are still gathering.”
They knew during the attacks and immediately following the attacks that machine guns, hand grenades, rpgs were being used. Wouldn't that have been a clue at that time that it was an attack?

This is why he looked like a damn fool trying to blame it on a mob protest, unlike the mob protest that took place in Cairo where the protesters had no weapons, that got out of hand. He was just softening the impact it would have on his re-election.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
From your link, I found this interesting:
They knew during the attacks and immediately following the attacks that machine guns, hand grenades, rpgs were being used. Wouldn't that have been a clue at that time that it was an attack?

This is why he looked like a damn fool trying to blame it on a mob protest, unlike the mob protest that took place in Cairo where the protesters had no weapons, that got out of hand. He was just softening the impact it would have on his re-election.
Obama is a lying pig and his supporters aren't much better.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Who could have saved Stevens and Smith? Who could have responded within 20 minutes from the start of the attack?
Do you understand that it would not be the issue it is if our government could say that they took every measure, did something, to try to save the lives of those that died, rather than do nothing and explain it away with excuses? It may not have changed the outcome or saved one life, but knowing that our government at least TRIED is what makes the difference.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,445 times
Hey, liberals! Obama thinks you are stupid. Yeah, he really does. He knew Benghazi was terrorism before he didn't know it was terrorism.

Conservatives have been convinced since day one, that the cause of the attacks was terrorism. Obama is talking to his liberal supporters hoping they will buy his convoluted logic and not rely on their own (frankly, calling his logic "logic" is insulting to logic).

Old 05-14-2013, 01:22 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Misinformation or something else ??

Who doctored a White House email? - Salon.com
Haha, now this is becoming a soap opera!

Someone doctored the "smoking gun" e-mail? Sounds like another investigation is coming, of course probably not the one Issa was hoping for.

CNN exclusive: White House email contradicts Benghazi leaks – The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

Seriously, if this is the case, who doctored the e-mails? They did a good job. They made a thread 3000 pages long!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.