U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,577,271 times
Reputation: 3949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It is different. You have a state dept and administration that actively and knowingly lied repeatedly in order to win an election.
That's the accusation, and it is frankly idiotic. Where exactly was the up side to "actively and knowingly" lying about what happened in Benghazi?

 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,577,271 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama has repeatedly stated that he immediately gave instructions to secure Americans in harmís way, it is still unclear to whom he gave these instructions.
Well it certainly was not unclear to the people who were evacuating the annex within a few hours, or the military resources that had been alerted across Europe and the Atlantic for deployment to Sigonetta.
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM
 
16,247 posts, read 9,041,960 times
Reputation: 6525
Bengazi gets a sticker? really?

Come on guys, this is a nuthin thing. nobody cares that Americans died. they only care that Obama won reelection.
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,577,271 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Amateurish belly flops? I bet the people that were affected by those "belly flops" would strongly disagree.
I bet people affected with a painful hangnail will also overestimate the severity of their situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
Granted they didn't kill 3000 people but it affected millions which is the whole idea behind terrorism.
No. That's not the whole idea behind terrorism. Terrorism is a means, not an end, and it doesn't matter how many people it affects if its political objectives are frustrated. But to this point, the only genuine objective of Al Qaeda's terrorism against the US that has ever been met was when Bush invaded both Afghanistan and Iraq spending a vast amount of our blood and treasure. And that was not won by one of the pathetically amateurish attempts since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
Killing people is a side effect of terror, maiming them both physically and mentally, especially mentally is the goal.
Nonsense. Terrorism is a tool for affecting a political purpose. Maiming (both physically and mentally) is no less a side affect that killing people is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
Bit by bit, little by little the terrorists are changing our behaviors or have you been able to take that full water bottle through security or on a plane lately.
Bit by bit, little by little we adapt to everything in our environment be it terrorism, tuberculosis or the tea party. Protecting ourselves from terrorism is no different than protecting ourselves from earthquakes or a car crash. Not being able to bring a bottle of water through security is not among the things that keep me up at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
How about the old ladies and kids that get a "pat down" aka groped by TSA?
How about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj
So yeah, it may not be 3000 at a time but those belly flops as you call them have had an effect.
So has the weather.
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,342,894 times
Reputation: 5017
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
People die every day before their time. Only some become the tools of cynical and partisan political bull****.
Only when truth is obscured or hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That's the accusation, and it is frankly idiotic. Where exactly was the up side to "actively and knowingly" lying about what happened in Benghazi?
Up side? How about winning an election by misrepresenting what happened?
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:27 PM
 
39,064 posts, read 20,161,462 times
Reputation: 12628
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
If you meant those to be examples of left-wing witch-hunts, it appears that you so not have a clue what "witch-hunt" means.
So who said they were left wing witch hunts. They are left wing SCREW UPS.
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:29 PM
 
5,532 posts, read 5,938,804 times
Reputation: 3154
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't see similarities either.

Watergate:
Republican
No one died
The media reported it

Benghazi:
Democrat
People died
The media helps the president cover it up.
Allow me to disagree. Unless you claim that the Obama admin planned (or executed) the unfortunate death of these diplomats, I don't see what exactly you want. Was there negligence? Maybe. As independent, I don't care much the moods from the media.
This week I watched (on TV) a couple of movies made in the 70s after Watergate. I think the damage Nixon did to this country, is enormous and long lasting. I agree, it was not such a big deal (he won the elections regardless of the info from the democratic headquarters), but the conspiracy theories that dominate our society today, pretty much date back to that stupid incident.
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,342,894 times
Reputation: 5017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The hype and propaganda surrounding the Benghazi incident by the right wing did nothing to hamper Obama's reelection...now did it? In fact, Romney made a fool of himself when he attempted to use it as a weapon against Obama during the debate. It totally backfired...remember?

The investigation was done. The GOP's got nothin' and by the time the 2016 election rolls around they will have scraped the bottom of the barrel many more times to do whatever it takes to turn the tide that they see coming.

Please, do not get self-righteous about ANYTHING, if you seriously support the hijacked GOP. Let me ask you...did you support "Citizens United"? Because if you did, you supported an Oligarchy...is that the kind of government the right wants? You certainly are not against the two party system, that's for certain.
Romney was right, he just bent to political campaign pressure not to make an issue of it. He should have. He was right (a point made in the news just the other day, btw...you must have missed it). And the investigation is not over it's just getting serious. There are people who now are blowing the whistle on the truth. Did you miss that?
Do try to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Bengazi gets a sticker? really?

Come on guys, this is a nuthin thing. nobody cares that Americans died. they only care that Obama won reelection.
I'm afraid you're right. Nobody on the left cares. Nobody whose careers could be affected cares. Nobody whose political future could suffer cares.

As Hillary said, "What difference does it make?" She certainly doesn't seem to care (understandably so).
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,577,271 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Only when truth is obscured or hidden.
Every single day, even when truth is not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound
Up side? How about winning an election by misrepresenting what happened?
Seriously? Look at the responses on all the Benghazi threads, and try to find a hint that anybody would have changed their vote because of what happened in Benghazi. The Obama supporters still support him even after the story was corrected, and the Obama haters still hated him even before it was corrected. As far as an event with electoral consequences, Benghazi was no more significant than who won the Little League World Series.
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,342,894 times
Reputation: 5017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The hype and propaganda surrounding the Benghazi incident by the right wing did nothing to hamper Obama's reelection...now did it? In fact, Romney made a fool of himself when he attempted to use it as a weapon against Obama during the debate. It totally backfired...remember?

The investigation was done. The GOP's got nothin' and by the time the 2016 election rolls around they will have scraped the bottom of the barrel many more times to do whatever it takes to turn the tide that they see coming.

Please, do not get self-righteous about ANYTHING, if you seriously support the hijacked GOP. Let me ask you...did you support "Citizens United"? Because if you did, you supported an Oligarchy...is that the kind of government the right wants? You certainly are not against the two party system, that's for certain.
Romney was right, he just bent to political campaign pressure not to make an issue of it. He should have. He was right (a point made in the news just the other day, btw...you must have missed it). And the investigation is not over it's just getting serious. There are people who now are blowing the whistle on this fiasco. Did you miss that?
Do try to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Bengazi gets a sticker? really?

Come on guys, this is a nuthin thing. nobody cares that Americans died. they only care that Obama won reelection.
I'm afraid you're right. Nobody on the left cares. Nobody whose careers could be affected cares. Nobody whose political future could suffer cares.

As Hillary said, "What difference does it make?" She certainly doesn't seem to care (understandably so).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top